Look to Ohio to Save the Republic

In the 1868 election, the man in your avatar, General Longstreet, wholly endorsed a man, General Grant, who he had just fought in a horribly bloody civil war against. At Grant's inauguration, Longstreet was at his side.

America will survive this moment no matter who wins in November. We have been through far worse.

No, this is different. We've become a Godless nation. No matter how bad the civil war was, it's nothing compared to how much of a pagan nation we've become.

Crazy times. The Republic is strong.

It’s been crazy on this soil since Europeans got here, and every small bit of evidence that can be gathered tells us it was crazy before they arrived.

However it will always surprise you, though. Another General Longstreet story: though he unabashedly said he fought to preserve slavery, when a militant group tried to seize New Orleans in 1874 he led a militia of mostly freed slaves to repulse the attack.

The most creative mind in history, could not even start to write a page turner as wild as American History. 2020 is a fairly jarring chapter I will concede.

Reactions: FortSanders
You ever been to Montrose, PA?
Don't think so, but I will look it up and see where it is. I have been to Pa. several times......from one end to the other.

Edit: I have been to Binghamton, N.Y. so I probably went right past it. Binghamton is a sh!thole.

Last edited:
I'd settle for any place in Kansas or Oklahoma over the biggest, bar none, sh!thole in the entire USA ... Cleveland Ohio!
I remember one trip with my first wife to Cleveland when we went to a performance at Severance Hall. It was located about the 120th block of Euclid Ave. This was in the late 1970's, way before navigation, and I had a map of Cleveland. I got on Euclid Ave as soon as I could, and I think it was around the 30th block. We had to drive through some of the worst areas with burned out buildings that I have ever seen.

It was on a Saturday night, and the streets and sidewalks were full of people, standing around. All I wanted was to get out of the bad area alive, and into a good one. It was really nice on the end of Euclid where Severance Hall was, but it may or may not be now.

Reactions: VolStrom
If it were by popular vote only, imagine that a place like California basically determines the entire course of events.

Which would you choose if you had to pick?

It discounts the 20% republicans that are there or so that are registered. Same could be said for any state that never swings from a certain party.

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back