Log Home Living

Just a follow up, talked to another builder in Gatlinburg, Southland Homes, and he said that he has heard nothing about that tree clearing code. Guess the other dude was just trying to charge more for clearing.

Worse, if you research further, there may be existing tree retainment and care post-construction of the existing, non-invasive vegetation. If you yank out a bunch of trees that by code have to be retained, it would be your fine to pay. Water run-off is a concern especially since you have sharply sloped roof lines. I suspect code may require that you control all site runoff to x# cubic ft./hr or wtever the requirements are.

When you file your prelim and/or final plans, you will probably have to provide elevations of the site and how you will collect and transport water off it (natural, storm sewage, ponding, etc.).

Reactions: malinoisvol
Worse, if you research further, there may be existing tree retainment and care post-construction of the existing, non-invasive vegetation. If you yank out a bunch of trees that by code have to be retained, it would be your fine to pay. Water run-off is a concern especially since you have sharply sloped roof lines. I suspect code may require that you control all site runoff to x# cubic ft./hr or wtever the requirements are.

When you file your prelim and/or final plans, you will probably have to provide elevations of the site and how you will collect and transport water off it (natural, storm sewage, ponding, etc.).
My lot is on a flat summit on top of a mountain so keeping trees will be good.

My lot is on a flat summit on top of a mountain so keeping trees will be good.

If you want, you can have a tree surveyor come in and mark (usually with colored ribbons to denote size) the trees that you should, can or must keep.Your GC at the time of construction can then protect the root structures with perimeter fencing around the trees. Btw, make sure they don't run off with the cut-downs, may be valuable firewood there.

If you want, you can have a tree surveyor come in and mark (usually with colored ribbons to denote size) the trees that you should, can or must keep.Your GC at the time of construction can then protect the root structures with perimeter fencing around the trees. Btw, make sure they don't run off with the cut-downs, may be valuable firewood there.
Definitely.

VN Store

Back