Locked In 🔒 NCAA Tournament Edition

The LVs don't have an easy draw in the early rounds. Oregon has suffered a ton of injuries and has been up and down. If they are up, it's a tough match up for UT.

This should be an exciting and fun tournament. UConn and SC could be on a collision course.

We got a crappy draw IMO. Ole Miss has a better shot at the Elite 8 than we do (due to their path being easier).

You would rather play Baylor than Oregon in the 2nd round? I wouldn’t. Smith is going to torch Austin and show why she’s the #1 pick.

Reactions: travis929
I'm just here for the Kellie vs. Jeff showdown....

200w.gif

We got a crappy draw IMO. Ole Miss has a better shot at the Elite 8 than we do (due to their path being easier).

Whoever said easier paths are best? I think knowing what stands in front of us should even be more on top of our game. It can only help us by playing tough competition early. If we lose, then that means we weren’t cut out for the deeper runs. You can’t be afraid of what teams we play. We can beat Buffalo, and if Oregon succeeds Belmont (Belmont beat Ole Miss and played tougher teams close) then we can beat them too. It’s a mind game, that’s all it is. We as fans can’t put immense amounts of pressure on our team. We have to have confidence in our teams ability, just as a coach would.

Texas is playing well and has a decent path to final 8 IMO. Iowa has a nice path to final 8 also. I also think Ole Miss could get past Baylor and then Michigan for a nice run. Princeton is a tough matchup for UK in their first game, if they beat Princeton IU will be waiting, think the Cats might go out early. NCSU has the easiest path of the number ones until they meet UConn who will beat them, but nothing to slow them down prior to that.

My observation, not intended to be an expert, is that the #4 #5 matchup in the Knoxville section is the most difficult. Summary the LV were considered the 16th best team and Oregon the 17th. Look at their schedule, how well they competed with Stanford and the size and quality of their interior players. the home field advantage will hopefully be worth a few scores.

Having seen desperation shots winning games in the last few weeks. Army -poor team won on inbound pass with one section and a three point from the corner that glanced off the backboard. remember Notre Dames winning on two last second shots, or KY vs SC. last weeks.
Stanford has quality defense and offense. Will being the best team equal being lucky also.

My observation, not intended to be an expert, is that the #4 #5 matchup in the Knoxville section is the most difficult. Summary the LV were considered the 16th best team and Oregon the 17th. Look at their schedule, how well they competed with Stanford and the size and quality of their interior players. the home field advantage will hopefully be worth a few scores.

Having seen desperation shots winning games in the last few weeks. Army -poor team won on inbound pass with one section and a three point from the corner that glanced off the backboard. remember Notre Dames winning on two last second shots, or KY vs SC. last weeks.
Stanford has quality defense and offense. Will being the best team equal being lucky also.

Buffalo is a solid team. They still have players that were on the sweet 16 team that played SC. They have a guard who might be the best player on the court when they face Tennessee. SC played them again in the Battle for Atlantis this year and she scored 22. I think she average about 24 points per game. I think the Lady Vols will win the game but they will have to play their game.
Buffalo has a very good coach, they are always well prepared in spite of not having elite talent. They will need to be taken very seriously.
The first two rounds always produce upsets, even when parity was not in play, this year I expect more upsets. Teams like Princeton, Buffalo, FGCU, USF, Miami, Ole Miss and others can all pull off a few or more wins. Texas has a really smooth road imo. I think it will be chaos the first two rounds.
In the final 4, there are around 10 teams that could end up there, gonna be fun.

Last edited:
Buffalo has a very good coach, they are always well prepared in spite of not having elite talent. They will need to be taken very seriously.
The first two rounds always produce upsets, even when parity was not in play, this year I expect more upsets. Teams like Princeton, Buffalo, FGCU, USF, Miami, Ole Miss and others can all pull off a few or more wins. Texas has a really smooth road imo. I think it will be chaos the first two rounds.
In the final 4, there are around 10 teams that could end up there, gonna be fun.
Just get past the first weekend. Everything after that would be a plus.

VN Store

Back