Livestream The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have made mistakes as a country, but have also rectified those more so than any other country in the world. If America is so oppressive, then why do so many people from around this he world want to get here any way they can, risking it all? Because they hold America in higher regard than folks of your ilk do. This is the greatest country ever assembled in the history of the world, hands down, no contest. No one culrure should b set aside above any other, it’s funny which cultures get their own month, almost like someone has an agenda.

First of all, having a time to celebrate Americans of Hispanic descent isn't putting them above any other cultures. It's just recognizing them as a part of our collective culture and society. You are aware that we are a "melting pot", right? Our differences can and should be celebrated TOGETHER as a collective effort to better our country. Do you want to get rid of birthdays and religious holidays too? They don't include everyone either.

Second of all, anyone who makes insane statements like "This is the greatest country ever assembled in the history of the world, hands down, no contest" has absolutely no concept of human history. We have been one of the greatest countries in the world AT TIMES, and there are proud moments in our history, but we are not now the greatest in the world at much of anything. That's measurable data, not opinion. You know they actually have statistics that rank countries based on just about any metric you can imagine, and outside of military spending America isn't doing so hot these days.

Thirdly, you don't seem to have a very wide world view, so let me tell you something that isn't really a secret. Most of the world sees America as a laughing stock. We are the butt of the joke. The only people trying to get here however they can are the people fleeing massive poverty, violence, hunger, and war. For them, America is a major step up.

Last of all, are you....are you trying to say that America DOESN'T have a history of oppressing minorities? Seriously? Yeah, we are better than we were 50 or 100 years ago, so hurray for improvement, but that doesn't mean that generations of minorities didn't face incredible levels of oppression and racism.

You're proving my point that there are too many people who just can't stand for someone else to be able to celebrate something that they can't relate to. JUST LET THEM DO THEIR THING! IF NOTHING ELSE IT IS MORE EXCUSES TO HAVE GOOD FOOD AND PARTY!

I don't know what any of that means, but it's good to see good Christian people letting their true selves show online. Keep on doing all things through the Lord or whatever your profile says.

well everyone can’t understand everything, and people like you are the most racist. And I will keep on, Thanks…

You’re either an American or you’re not, no one cares about your lineage. This hyphenated American crap just needs to go away. Funny how all the great “unifiers” seem to do nothing but call out our differences and further divide us.

Sorry, bud. The truth is, America's history shows her pale conquerors don't consider her darker ones true citizens, or even human. Despite their war and peacetime contributions. And that remains true to this day. Don't sugarcoat falsehoods. If America ever did became what she claims to be, she will be truly indomitable and a true torchbearer of great things such as civil rights, human rights, and more. Only then will she live up to her true potential. Now, to be fair, there are NO innocent cultures/people. Humans are destructive and self-destructive on so many levels. And it isn't funny, just pathetic.

Reactions: jaguinn5
When I started this thread the message on the rock was "CHECKERBOARD NEYLAND" and nice orange and white blocks. Evidently these morons don't know anything about UT or football. They're probably not even students.

I was thinking about that - it's a shame they didn't write "¡Dale Vols!" or "¡Arriba Vols!" or something (sorry it's been a long time since I've cracked a Spanish book) and then put "Hispanic Heritage Month" beneath it. You know, something that would acknowledge the Hispanic Heritage Month thing but also stay focused on the game, which is what most people are thinking about. That way it would synergize.

Like I said, they're free to do whatever but a little awareness of local priorities would help them be part of things rather than separate. Oh well. PR 101.

Sorry, bud. The truth is, America's history shows her pale conquerors don't consider her darker ones true citizens, or even human. Despite their war and peacetime contributions. And that remains true to this day. Don't sugarcoat falsehoods. If America ever did became what she claims to be, she will be truly indomitable and a true torchbearer of great things such as civil rights, human rights, and more. Only then will she live up to her true potential. Now, to be fair, there are NO innocent cultures/people. Humans are destructive and self-destructive on so many levels. And it isn't funny, just pathetic.

Some folks see America as the problem of the world, I choose to see her as the solution. You can’t judge history through the lense of modern morality, though that term is an oxymoron. In every country there are the conquerors and the conquered, yet America gives all the best chance they have at life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Furthermore, if you are going to celebrate one, then celebrate them all. Jewish Americans, Indian Americans, Appalachian Americans, middle aged white hetero Americans alike. You can’t alter the past only learn from it, and the bottom line is that America has done more right than it has done wrong, more than any other country on the planet. We are the best, by a mile the most powerful, advanced country in the history of the world. USA! USA!USA! If you can’t improve your life in this country it’s you’re own darn fault.

Cease this petty squabbling and focus on a message we can all believe in. It's right there on the flipside of The Rock, "We Love MILFS". Now who they hell don't?

Reactions: Jravol78
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back