Livestream The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recognizing and celebrating our differences is the point, especially since our country has a long and storied history of oppressing and silencing many of those voices. The people that can't do that without getting bent out of shape are the dividers.

Just by reading most of your post you are the divider… And your typical .

Reactions: volpass
Just by reading most of your post you are the divider… And your typical .
And if I'm "dividing" from the people who have nothing better to do than speak out against recognizing the contributions of minorities in this country, then I'm OK with that.

And if I'm "dividing" from the people who have nothing better to do than speak out against recognizing the contributions of minorities in this country, then I'm OK with that.

well we all know that there is only one creature on earth that it’s ok to say anything negative about and little candy butts don’t go crazy about. And I know what you are so I’m done, you have a wonderful evening.

It isn't people from Spain. It is people from any spanish speaking country or country in Latin America. That's like 20 something countries. The history of Spain is not relevant to Americans of Spanish descent celebrating HHM, nor is it relevant to all of the other countries included in HHM.

Question, When does Spain become irrelevant? What generation has no ties to Spain, or how far into the fabric of culture or language or genetics do we start to make a distinction? Where does the shift happen? What about Filipinos in the states? Would they be a part of this, or is it exclusive to the American continents? How far down do you start segregating variables?

Reactions: IM4TN and golfballs
Just saw a guy walk by with a Sousaphone...odd timing...HAHAHAA

Serious question - when do people usually paint the rock for the upcoming game?

Reactions: golfballs
Question, When does Spain become irrelevant? What generation has no ties to Spain, or how far into the fabric of culture or language or genetics do we start to make a distinction? Where does the shift happen? What about Filipinos in the states? Would they be a part of this, or is it exclusive to the American continents? How far down do you start segregating variables?

I'm saying that HHM encompasses the histories and heritages of multiple countries. Trying to discredit or dismiss HHM because Spain has a brutal early history (much like the rest of the world) is reductive and short sighted. Even for people of Spanish descent, as opposed to people of Cuban or Costa Rican descent for instance, they are going to focus more on their contributions in our country and not early Spanish history for HHM. And yes, at a certain point all history intersects, but that is irrelevant.

Also, I could be wrong but I don't Filipinos identify as Asian heritage? Again I could be totally wrong. I know that they are located in Asia. That could be a little muddled there if you go back far enough, but I don't think they are considered a part of HHM. Again I could be wrong. Also, they aren't a Spanish speaking country.

well we all know that there is only one creature on earth that it’s ok to say anything negative about and little candy butts don’t go crazy about. And I know what you are so I’m done, you have a wonderful evening.

I don't know what any of that means, but it's good to see good Christian people letting their true selves show online. Keep on doing all things through the Lord or whatever your profile says.

Just saw a guy walk by with a Sousaphone...odd timing...HAHAHAA

Serious question - when do people usually paint the rock for the upcoming game?

When DON'T they paint the rock. I feel like there are constantly people painting the rock and more people waiting for them to be done so they can immediately paint the rock too. It's a never ending cycle and it is glorious.

Also, as I've already said, the main focus is not the histories of each of these Hispanic and Latin countries, but the contributions of Americans who are from these countries.

I just don't understand why we can't let people have their time to celebrate, especially after generations of oppressions and racism. Can't we just let them have their thing. It isn't hurting anyone. Heck maybe they will even let us have a drink with them. Why can't we all party together?

Recognizing and celebrating our differences is the point, especially since our country has a long and storied history of oppressing and silencing many of those voices. The people that can't do that without getting bent out of shape are the dividers.

We have made mistakes as a country, but have also rectified those more so than any other country in the world. If America is so oppressive, then why do so many people from around this he world want to get here any way they can, risking it all? Because they hold America in higher regard than folks of your ilk do. This is the greatest country ever assembled in the history of the world, hands down, no contest. No one culrure should b set aside above any other, it’s funny which cultures get their own month, almost like someone has an agenda.

Reactions: bmaultbay
What an ignorant take. Hispanic Heritage Month is about the contributions to our country by people of Hispanic descent.
Descendants of ruthless colonizers. I’m just saying that’s surprising considering how our current PC culture is re-litigating history. They somehow get a pass.

Reactions: IM4TN and bmaultbay
Also, I could be wrong but I don't Filipinos identify as Asian heritage?.

My Korean mother in law says they’re “jungle Asian.” I’ve also confirmed this for the entirety of the population of Indochina and Taiwan.

Pretty sure that’s racist, but still pretty hilarious.

My Korean mother in law says they’re “jungle Asian.” I’ve also confirmed this for the entirety of the population of Indochina and Taiwan.

Pretty sure that’s racist, but still pretty hilarious.
Japanese and Chinese think the same. They’re all racist against each other over there

Reactions: kcvols1
Look, I'm all for the Rock being whatever people want it to be, but someone needs head over and get the rock back on message for the game this weekend.

View attachment 402394

When I started this thread the message on the rock was "CHECKERBOARD NEYLAND" and nice orange and white blocks. Evidently these morons don't know anything about UT or football. They're probably not even students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back