Link to presser 1/18 at 3:00 Eastern; now live on WNML, SECN, others?

There's no way Tennessee can hire a proven HC during an investigation. This is the best path forward. He'll do well.

He was under Saban for a couple years, went to Clemson, Alabama won its championship after he left, then left Clemson after a couple years to take a lower position at Alabama. Sounds like he didn’t get renewed at those stops because he wasn’t any good. So let’s not pretend he may do well just because of his prior “experience.”

Can’t hire anyone just because of an investigation makes no sense. I’m pretty sure there’s one on everybody’s mind that would come in a heartbeat.

No. And it's reckless to assume such. Steele has experience under Bowden, Saban, Malzahn, Miles, and Swinney. He deserves the benefit of the doubt and our undivided support.
He might have experience under those coaches, but he is still a coordinator or position coach and not a head coach. Unfortunately I live in Alabama an hour and a half from auburn and the word is Steele and Garner did their best to undermine Malzahn and other coaches.

He might have experience under those coaches, but he is still a coordinator or position coach and not a head coach. Unfortunately I live in Alabama an hour and a half from auburn and the word is Steele and Garner did their best to undermine Malzahn and other coaches.
That's a baseless rumor but okay

He's the lead recruiter, they better. Ole Miss rallied around Matt Luke, it worked out. LSU rallied around Ed O, it worked out. If we rally around Kevin Steele, it'll work out. I don't expect us too though... our fanbase is toxic trash.
Tennessee will win 2-3 games and he will be an after thought.

My God Phil . . . did you just say "the recruiting has been good"? lol

That made me cringe big time. This is so deflating on so many levels.

The violations were "shocking," and that's just the only way to frame all of this. I'm personally shocked that we can cheat this bad and still suck out loud.

He was under Saban for a couple years, went to Clemson, Alabama won its championship after he left, then left Clemson after a couple years to take a lower position at Alabama. Sounds like he didn’t get renewed at those stops because he wasn’t any good. So let’s not pretend he may do well just because of his prior “experience.”

Can’t hire anyone just because of an investigation makes no sense. I’m pretty sure there’s one on everybody’s mind that would come in a heartbeat.
If we can't use experience as an indicator of future success there's no point in having this conversation. Saying that it makes "no sense" that we can't hire someone DURING AN INVESTIGATION is completely irrational. I'm not wasting anymore of my time with you. Have a nice day.

Can't help but think Fulmer is throwing folks under the bus. You really think he didn't know what was going on?
Paraphrasing a quote from the "Succession" character, Kendall Roy, credited to his father, Logan, "I appreciate those the most who eat **** on my behalf without telling me." .

Reactions: Sara Clark
I mean you can just read between the lines at what they are saying and just their reactions. They and by they I mean PF and the Chancllor seem speechless at them moment. Like our football team not prepared lol she’s I just hope we can right the ship and land a hell of a coach. I mean at this point you kind of have to look at Freeze or Steele , coaches who live the Program now I’m jot saying freeze lives Tennessee but didn’t he say this was his dream job? I’m really interested what they do from here.

My God Phil . . . did you just say "the recruiting has been good"? lol
We just got huge transfers from Virgina Tech and Auburn at our two biggest positions of need and our class is currently ranked #15... how is that not "good". Y'all are pathetic.

Reactions: feathersax
If we can't use experience as an indicator of future success there's no point in having this conversation. Saying that it makes "no sense" that we can't hire someone DURING AN INVESTIGATION is completely irrational. I'm not wasting anymore of my time with you. Have a nice day.

His experience is garbage because he didn’t get renewed multiple times and took lower positions or a lateral move. Never took a promotion.

He's the lead recruiter, they better. Ole Miss rallied around Matt Luke, it worked out. LSU rallied around Ed O, it worked out. If we rally around Kevin Steele, it'll work out. I don't expect us too though... our fanbase is toxic trash.
You're out of your mind. The guy's head coach just got fired for the team being garbage. come on now lol

VN Store

Back