$58 Million Lindsey Nelson Stadium Renovation Details

6-4-3 doing God's work!
Haha. Took those a couple weeks ago while I was out cruising around. Should have gotten one from the field side too but guess I didn’t. The first level is out in front by the wall, and the upper deck section is set back from that. So not directly over the top of the lower section. Hopefully they will add the grills out there too. I feel sorry for the opposing left fielder. 😂

Haha. Took those a couple weeks ago while I was out cruising around. Should have gotten one from the field side too but guess I didn’t. The first level is out in front by the wall, and the upper deck section is set back from that. So not directly over the top of the lower section. Hopefully they will add the grills out there too. I feel sorry for the opposing left fielder. 😂
I know an opposing left fielder- he told me the smoke and smell of the grills made him hungry 🤤

here’s another photo
F19A0E9E-E7E4-44B8-9A7C-7999B8080FDE.jpeg

This doesn’t deserve it’s own thread, but it involves Big 12 stadiums, kinda sorta. That conference is adding digital displays to the top of dugouts for defensive positioning. It’ll be interesting if it works out.
Like the SEC has had for a couple of years, they’re also adding this year the earpiece in the catcher’s helmet so the coach can give the pitches, rather than use signs. 9EA9FD04-B901-4CD9-91A3-1D29CF2A13CA.jpeg

(Skip this if you don’t care about college ballparks)

We’ve been out of town for a number of days doing college visits for one of our kids (yes, my tickets this weekend were used by Vol fans 😀). We saw two ACC ballparks, Wake Forest and Virginia Tech, and we saw VT hang 22 runs on Pitt.

Wake Forest took a park built in 1956 and over the years dramatically improved it. I couldn’t tell it’s real age until I saw some signs. The gold color warning track is awful- in the sun it constantly reflects light up. Wake Forest is the top photo.

Virginia Tech’s ballpark was great (remaining photos), but its entire chair back seating capacity looks smaller than the lower chair back seating bowl at LNS. Lots and lots of area for general admission down third base side, but they are a mile from the action. Looked like 3-4 suites.8AEFA0FD-EAE5-47A6-860F-501A72F84F2D.jpegEFC9AC55-DB4A-469B-B7B8-F86A589944D1.jpeg2E840DE7-46F0-4D2D-A33F-EFB9FF398830.jpeg

$60 Million on a stadium renovation is big money. Hopefully they can construct something similar to the mock ups that circulated last year. I really like Dudy Noble Field (Miss State) and think that should be the basis for what Tennessee idealizes. The entrance in right field could be shifted to near home plate to fit LNS. Reconstruct all of the seating and wrap it in continuous chair backs from right field line to left field line. Add a double decker porch in left field like the previous mock-ups. Add the residence hall / indoor baseball facility to right field. Then sprinkle in concessions / club seating throughout. They also need to add an overhang to cover the bleachers.DE98586C-CC87-43BB-8772-67A689718C32.jpeg

VN Store

Back