Lindsey Nelson Stadium Renovations

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The Daily Beacon

In addition to the benefit for the team�s performance, the renovations will be made with fans in mind. For instance, seats closest to the field are currently 18 feet off the ground. The construction of new stands will bring them down to just five feet high. Fans can enjoy the excitement of the game while being much closer to the action.

I really like the fact that they are moving the fans closer to the action.

The athletic dept, seems to be throwing alot of coins around in the facilities dept.:good!:

how they gonna fill more seats when they cant fill have of what they have now? what did they have 30 ppl today? i mean this is UT its supposed to be tradition and a powerhouse in all sports but baseball is struggling and gettin renovations yet they cant fill what they have now...Coach D says he cant compete with the facilities he has now....what does that have to do with competing? that is a joke and he needs to win before he gets renovations....he may not see his new stadium at this rate

attendence is down quite often tho....too many bandwagon baseball fans....
Definitely not too many people come out in the cold to watch the non conference games. It picks up when the conference season starts.

Regardless, no matter how you slice it though, our attendance usually stinks compared to most SEC teams.

how bout "if you have success they will come"...the crowd was much bigger today with a hometown guy on the hill....maybe a few more D1 ability in state prospects would help keep the crowd up....Coach D passed on a few guys from around that would have brought out a good crowd with wins and because they have a lot of friends here

how bout "if you have success they will come"...the crowd was much bigger today with a hometown guy on the hill....maybe a few more D1 ability in state prospects would help keep the crowd up....Coach D passed on a few guys from around that would have brought out a good crowd with wins and because they have a lot of friends here

I don't know if the "hometown guy" being on the mound was the reason for the bigger crowd, it could be I guess. In my mind, it was the fact that it wasn't in the middle of the workday or during a basketball game.

Hey remus or freak, or anyone, where are the student seats at LNS?
I believe the section on the far right on the first base side are for students and I think they have bleacher seats available once that fills up. I am not sure exactly how that works but I bet remus will know.

That's pretty much it. First come, first serve. You just walk in and find a seat.

So anywhere on the 1st line side? Are tickets for everyone General Admission( Besides Season tickets)?

KNS's Mike Griffin said he doesn't even see how Delmonico recruits "anyone" to UT after seeing FSU's baseball facilities.

facilities are like a fourth of the recruiting battle...ive been to south carolina....they do fine and there stuff isnt any better than UTs....and yes freak a lot of the crowd had to do with him bein from here....a lot of ppl he knows were in attendance but they werent the previous 2 days

South Carolina is building a brand new stadium that is set to open in 2008. Same with LSU. Practically everyone in the conference has updated their facility or built newer digs since LNS opened in 1993.

Yes, UT's facilities lag behind others in the league. Their clubhouse and indoor facilities under the stadium aren't spartan, but aren't anything special either. The new clubhouse/indoor area that will be under the new extended RF line stands will be a needed upgrade.

The fact is we rank 10th in attendance in the SEC (on average) over the last, say, 5 years. There are a variety of reasons (or excuses - my perspective) why people don't go. You always hear that "Rod only recruits California and South Florida..." well, that's partly true. We've had some good players from there and those avenues need to continue to be mined; however, the current baseball roster has 29 players - 18 are from Tennessee, and 12 are from East Tennessee.

To that end, 11.8 scholarships are hard to cut when you recruit from all over. You may not offer the local guy but 30%, but another school offers him 40% and books; just like you're doing with that out of state pitcher that you want. The fact you have to deal with guys that may go straight to the pros is another tough proposition. IMO, college baseball recruiting may be the hardest of all to manage for a coach.

its 11.7 scholarships...and most teams dont get that many cause of problems...but offering local guys less makes them feel not as important....plus the fact they would rather have local guys just walk on and give them as little as possible....they dont feel like rod wants them as much when he gives them cheap offers....there families need help to just like ppl from other areas

..and yes freak a lot of the crowd had to do with him bein from here....a lot of ppl he knows were in attendance but they werent the previous 2 days

I'm sure a handful of people came out to see McClain pitch but I don't know about "a lot". I guess that's relative. No way to really know for sure unless somebody went around and asked everyone that was there.

I wasn't in attendance on Saturday but I was on Sunday and for me, and at least few others, it was because of the basketball game.

My point is that it is difficult to build and maintain a team, not whether how they do it is right or wrong.

I'm glad I don't have to it. I'm just glad I get to enjoy it.

Sorry I added that extra tenth. I didn't proof that.

PP

its 11.7 scholarships...and most teams dont get that many cause of problems...but offering local guys less makes them feel not as important....plus the fact they would rather have local guys just walk on and give them as little as possible....they dont feel like rod wants them as much when he gives them cheap offers....there families need help to just like ppl from other areas

If you are from in state, it's not as expensive. Since just about everyone isn't on a full scholarship, it DOES make since.

Plus, most baseball players come from middle-to-upper class backgrounds. Just look at Baseball America's draft issue. Most the high school kids are from weathly suburbs (Germantown, Farragut, Brentwood, Orange County, East of Seattle, North of San Diego, Scottsdale, North and East of Atlanta, West suburbs of Houston, San Fernando Valley, North suburbs of Dallas, Austin, Green Valley west of Las Vegas, Concord, Southern suburbs of Birmingham, Clearwater, Palm Beach and extreamly weathly north Miami suburbs, Coastal area of Jacksonville, Windermire, Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, etc).

VN Store

Back