LIL Practice Video

I think Marta can be a factor this coming season. She has good skills, good knowledge of the game and the international experience. Hopefully she can be a team leader. Nice to see Key making layups. That has been a frustrating shot for me to watch from her. Hope that has improved too.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
This team loooks tough . Deep bench impact players off the bench at that , Marta will be a game changer along with Hollingshead , Powell , Franklin , Pissott and Sharp Shooting Darby getting more confident with her stroke each year. She has some competition with Pissott in town now she will have to work harder to not let the Freshmen take her minutes.

I hope Darby is going to do more dribble and drive this upcoming season she has to in order for her game to expand and make us a better team

The LVs are going to have an abundance of slash and drive players. Darby being ready on the perimeter to hit dagger 3s on kick-outs is where she will help the team most. Sometimes, it is best to let players do what they do best.

This team loooks tough . Deep bench impact players off the bench at that , Marta will be a game changer along with Hollingshead , Powell , Franklin , Pissott and Sharp Shooting Darby getting more confident with her stroke each year. She has some competition with Pissott in town now she will have to work harder to not let the Freshmen take her minutes.
If Wynn got to work this off season she could be more impactful than all those names mentioned.

The LVs are going to have an abundance of slash and drive players. Darby being ready on the perimeter to hit dagger 3s on kick-outs is where she will help the team most. Sometimes, it is best to let players do what they do best.

Exactly. Darby or anyone else hitting those 3s will enable other players to slash and drive that more effectively.

I was referring to lost practice time, but I worded it wrong...Her tonsils must have been a problem for her for sometime....

In any event, looking forward to some practice video of Justine bombing from the deep outside...

If our deep outside game becomes dependable, this club may become legendary...

She knows the way to the top of the ladder....
328738.jpg.jpg

Go back and look at a few games they were slashing and kicking it out to her but her release was too slow cause the person playing defense was coached to not leave her under no situation thats why she had a lot of games with 0 points hopefully she has improved her release time

If Darby cant knock them down after the slash and Kick Pissott will fill that role perfectly . I soley expect Pissott to pass darby in the rotation this season .

Cream, and talent, usually rise to the top. A five star talent will be hard for Darby to fend off. But there should be PT for both to keep each happy.

If Darby cant knock them down after the slash and Kick Pissott will fill that role perfectly . I soley expect Pissott to pass darby in the rotation this season .
Knocking down threes isnt her problem when she has room to shoot she is actually pure.getting it off is her problem because coaches saw the high rate she could make them so defense crowded her and thats the problem if she drives of the 3 pt line and shoot a midrange jumper it will give the defender pause to close out quicker cause they are worried about the drive

Knocking down threes isnt her problem when she has room to shoot she is actually pure.getting it off is her problem because coaches saw the high rate she could make them so defense crowded her and thats the problem if she drives of the 3 pt line and shoot a midrange jumper it will give the defender pause to close out quicker cause they are worried about the drive
Overall if she does not make strides this offseason Pissott will take her spot as she can do all that plus more already without playing a minute of WCBB.

Go back and look at a few games they were slashing and kicking it out to her but her release was too slow cause the person playing defense was coached to not leave her under no situation thats why she had a lot of games with 0 points hopefully she has improved her release time

A lot of great 3 point shooters, including the LVs Shanna Zolman, are also great at perimeter movement. They get defenders chasing around perimeter and create space that way. Tess was a more stagnant player but that may have had to do with the offensive scheme, Also, we will have more scoring threats on the court at all time to keep defenses honest.

A lot of great 3 point shooters, including the LVs Shanna Zolman, are also great at perimeter movement. They get defenders chasing around perimeter and create space that way. Tess was a more stagnant player but that may have had to do with the offensive scheme, Also, we will have more scoring threats on the court at all time to keep defenses honest.
You may be right about scheme but in that video she took a dribble to the middle and hit a midrange shot PLEASE let that be a part of her game this upcoming season and if so she will be fine and get minutes

Vescovi on the men's team comes to mind. Always sprinting around and through the defense to try to get an open look when he can catch and shoot.

Vescovi on the men's team comes to mind. Always sprinting around and through the defense to try to get an open look when he can catch and shoot.

exactly!..And as I tell my girls...you don't have to use our players as a screen, you can run your defender through a maze that includes their own players. The key is to rub shoulders with your "screener" (both their team and yours) so the defender can't cross in front of the obstacle.

There is not a member here, that post regularly on the LV board, that is not ready to see Justine bomb some long 3 pointers, at least in practice...

When she is in the game, she is going to be the terror that stirs the offensive drink.......

There is not a member here, that post regularly on the LV board, that is not ready to see Justine bomb some long 3 pointers, at least in practice...

When she is in the game, she is going to be the terror that stirs the offensive drink.......

I'm going to orange mountain tomorrow GT,,,want me to get you a Justine Tshirt?

VN Store

Back