Letter From Mike Hamilton

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Letter From Mike Hamilton

Dear Friends,

February is shaping up to be another busy month for UT athletics.

Coach Fulmer and his staff have once again had a very successful recruiting season, landing one of the best recruiting classes in the country according to most recruiting analysts. The Vols host the edAmerica Orange and White game Saturday, April 16, at 3 p.m. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children.

Mike Hamilton
I am also excited about our spring sports programs. Baseball begins its home schedule this weekend, with softball's first home game on Feb. 23. The softball team achieved a new program benchmark by rising to an all-time high of seventh in the national rankings. The men's and women's golf teams teed off their spring schedule earlier this month. The Lady Vol golfers begin the spring season ranked No. 11. Swimming and diving are headed to Florida this weekend for the SEC Championship. Tennessee's men's tennis team, currently ranked No. 20, hosts their next home match on March 4. The Lady Vol tennis team, currently ranked No. 18, resumes play at home this weekend. The men's and women's track teams will host the Tennessee Indoor Invitational at Stokely this weekend. The Lady Vol rowers return to the Tennessee River on March 12. All of our teams have exciting schedules you'll want to be a part of.

We will be rolling out a new quarterly publication called Tennessee Times in a few weeks. The new publication will replace Volunteers Magazine and will be geared specifically towards the needs and interests of our loyal supporters and donors.

Next week, the men's and women's marketing and development offices will move into the new McKenzie-Lawson Athletic Center. The fourth floor of the center, which will house the men's and women's senior administration, will be completed this summer.

We've been traveling across the state and the Southeast for Big Orange Fan Receptions to say thank you to the greatest fans in the country and let our fans know how they can be a part of UT athletics.

We're also right in the middle of our annual Fund Drive, with our staff headed out across the state to tell the story of Tennessee athletics. Terence Cleveland and Gary Rowcliffe are providing great leadership as we head down the home stretch of the campaign. Thanks to all of you who have been involved.

Just a reminder - the deadline for benefits in the VASF program is March 1. The season ticket mailing will follow shortly thereafter. If you have friends or family who want season tickets, now is a good time for them to join the VASF. With the new recruiting class, we're looking forward to many great years of Tennessee football.

Once again, thank you for your very loyal and significant support of the University of Tennessee athletic programs. Go Vols!

Expect to win!
Go Vols!

----------------------------------------------------------

I notice no mention of the basketball team. Also, is this the first year that the O&W game is called the EdAmerica O&W game??

I suspect MH's letter, being part of the VASF drive is trying to accentuate the positive, i.e., no basketball. Wut da heck is edAmerica? Na'ar hurd ev it.

Gotta have sponsors for everything anymore. $$$$$$$

I guess they will soon ask for sponsors for each class taught at all universities. "Well, I have to go to my (Fill in the sponsor) Principles of Management class now."

Originally posted by surrealvol@Feb 18, 2005 11:48 PM
Gotta have sponsors for everything anymore. $$$$$$$

I guess they will soon ask for sponsors for each class taught at all universities. "Well, I have to go to my (Fill in the sponsor) Principles of Management class now."

Need a sponsor for a Management class? How about Enron?

VN Store

Back