Let's talk about the schedule for 2019

I think at this point in May, Miss. State and South Carolina are the most important games on the schedule. Home games versus teams that are beatable. How we start against UGA will be important following the bye week.

Bad news is UGA has a bye week before us too.

Well we are supp to have the best coaching staff on paper and we have their former OC, guess we will see who earns their money that day.

Well we are supp to have the best coaching staff on paper and we have their former OC, guess we will see who earns their money that day.

“It’s not about the X’s and the O’s, it’s about the Jimmy’s and the Joes.”

And on paper our J & J’s don’t match theirs.

“It’s not about the X’s and the O’s, it’s about the Jimmy’s and the Joes.”

And on paper our J & J’s don’t match theirs.
So.... Vandy game, but I’m still scratching my head on how we beat Auburn.

6 wins is what I'm expecting. Anything above that is exceeding expectations.

I agree, 6 wins is realistic. 7 would be a positive step but I'm not counting on it.

Hell, it takes our basketball players 2-3 years to be prepared to play. Can't expect linemen to be ready as freshmen in the SEC. Given that's our main weakness and where we have depth issues, I'd have to think we're another year or two away from talking 8 or more wins. That assumes one or two of our young stud linemen don't blow out an ACL or something of the sort.

Next year.

Best get 7-8 wins in 2019. The 2020 schedule will be tougher. Here we are talking about getting bowl eligible for the third year in a row. Good Lord.

By the time we're bowl eligible, UGA will have a two deep filled with 5 stars and probably a natty or two.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Georgia State W
BYU W
Chattanooga W
@Florida L
Georgia L
Mississippi State W
@Alabama L
South Carolina W
UAB W
@kentucky W
@Missouri L
Vanderbilt W

Best case scenario is 8-4

There is no way we beat UGA or BAMA

I dont think we can beat Florida or Missouri

Until proven otherwise, we begin each year 0-3 with losses to Bama, UGA and UF.

to me, this is fairly simple. outside GA, Bama, Ga St and UTC, pretty much every other game is at least a toss up. i think UAB is probably a W too, but they're not a complete doormat, so for argument's sake, i'll just leave them as a toss up....

so there's 8 games left. win 5 or 6 of them. USCe and BYU are at home, and enither are world beaters. MSU is at home and that's not the same team they had last year, though i think people might be surprised at how good the new qb could be....

out of those 8 games, i do think 4 games stand out and could be difference makers on the perceptio of the season....no matter how we finish...UF, MSU, USCe and Vandy. you win those 4 on the way to a 7 or 8 win season, and i think you are on to something.

of course you win those 4, and you start to think you should probabl beat UK and MO too....lol. and now you're having a really good season.....

anyway. win 5 or 6 of those remaining 8, long story short.

Georgia State W
BYU W
Chattanooga W
@Florida L
Georgia L
Mississippi State W
@Alabama L
South Carolina W
UAB W
@kentucky W
@Missouri W
Vanderbilt W

2019 Tennessee 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC. I think Tennessee will be 3rd Place in the SEC East
great optimism! ................. I think I see the Promised Land! (for Vol fans)

If we stumble to a 3rd losing record in 4 years 2 in a row with JP, does Fulmer give him a 3rd year to get it figured out? If we went 5-7 again or worse idk what to think then....I think most fans by that point would say it’s not working out get a new guy in and start over...
Of course...JP gets 3 years regardless. Seat will warm up considerably if we post another losing season in 2019, but it’s only fair to give him 3 years to get it turned. If year 3 blows too though, all bets are off if he ever sees year 4 imo, although I assume Fulmer, a former head coach, would give any head coaching hire he makes a longer leash.

Reactions: Devo182
Of course...JP gets 3 years regardless. Seat will warm up considerably if we post another losing season in 2019, but it’s only fair to give him 3 years to get it turned. If year 3 blows too though, all bets are off if he ever sees year 4 imo, although I assume Fulmer, a former head coach, would give any head coaching hire he makes a longer leash.

He has a 6-year contract, so he'll see year 4 regardless of the outcome of year 3. If Pruitt wants to lobby for a raise and an extension, then he better do well in year 4, or he's not going to have much leverage with which to negotiate.

I think Tennessee should win at least 7 games......but the days of looking at the schedule preseason and picking sec wins are and have been over.......until the Vols prove otherwise and they have not as of yet.

I think Pruitt probably has a special place in his heart to wreck as much havoc on The Barn as possible whenever possible. He has to. He probably knows them better than any team not named Bama in the conference. Spurrier did the same with us and UGA. Fulmer did with Bama. I think Saban does now with LSU

Setting the tone for the season? If the Vols go into Gainesville 3-0 and play Florida toe-to-toe for 60 minutes, upsetting the Gators or forcing them to win on the final play, that will bode well for the remaining eight games. Those Vols could go 4-4 in the SEC. Better than that would be a heck of a year.

He has a 6-year contract, so he'll see year 4 regardless of the outcome of year 3. If Pruitt wants to lobby for a raise and an extension, then he better do well in year 4, or he's not going to have much leverage with which to negotiate.
Let’s say he goes 5-7 again this year and somehow, some way falls back to 4-8 in year 3? You think he sees year 4 ? #buyout

Let’s say he goes 5-7 again this year and somehow, some way falls back to 4-8 in year 3? You think he sees year 4 ? #buyout

With Butch's buyout still in place, yeah, I think he's going to get 4 years regardless. Fulmer might get canned after year 3 if we went back to the gutter, and the next AD would most likely replace Pruitt at the end of his 4th season.

I'll bite...
Georgia St - W
BYU - who knows
UTC - W
@ UF - L
UGA - L
Miss St - L just because my wife is an alumnus of cowbell U :rolleyes:
@ Alabama - L
S Carolina - who knows
@ UK - W
@ Mizzou - L
Vandy - L

Hope I'm wrong

Early takeaways:
Bama vs. LSU isn’t a night game this year on CBS

THE Double header is 9/21 . Notable Games that day are ...
Good Guys @ Florida ,
Auburn @ aTm Ags
Notre Dame @ UGA.

No way ND at UGA doesn’t get the 8pm prime time slot . So it’s between us and Auburn and Texas A&M getting the 3:30 game. With Uk vs Miss State sprinkled in. I’m guessing that puts us at night in the Swamp on ESPN.

1st CBS game is Bama at USCJR . Could be fun

11 Wins: 5% IN YOUR FACE STEP ASIDE THE ORANGE IS THE TRUTH AND WE ARE ENLIGHTENED GENIUSES!
10 Wins: 20% have to stay healthy all year. O line steps it up and we have no weaknesses. Incredible chemistry from coaches and players alike. We are on fire.
9 Wins: 50% Solid team, solid talent, solid effort, solid coaching, contagious attitude of winning and competition. Butch and cheese central looserville and all fake bs mentality is an afterthought in every vien of the program.
8 wins: 25% I am comfortable with the direction. The breaks didn't break our way this year but we continue to continue towards better program and blueblood program may not return for another 1-3 years.
7 wins: 4%: Come on, give me a freakin break. We have all had enough of this crap like 6 years ago and we are spinning our freaking wheels, again.
6 or under: GTFO of my face before I pierce your soul with my good looks you are a freaking moron: leave me this instant fool.

Georgia State W
BYU W
Chattanooga W
@Florida WIN!
Georgia L
Mississippi State W/L
@Alabama L
South Carolina W/L
UAB W
@kentucky W
@Missouri W
Vanderbilt W
This is more how I see our record potential:
> 9-3, 1% or less
9-3, 9-10%
8-4, 20%
7-5, 30%
6-6, 30%
5-7, 9-10%
< 5-7, 1% or less.

Call me crazy, but I'm not prepared to consider the @Mizzou game, which we have lost by a combined 66 points the last two years, anything better than a toss-up. Also, we have never beaten Muschamp, ever, until we beat him at least once, that's a toss-up at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh
69' Jets-Colts syndrome, they played their worst game of the year, we played our best. We hit more than our share of 50/50 balls and their OL was almost as bad as ours. On the whole, Auburn was vastly overrated to start the year last year, so the outlook for that game was never as bleak as was widely assumed. They had lost almost their whole OL and Kerryon Johnson from the year before. Moreover, it was their designated down year. They haven't won 10 games in back to back seasons in 25 years.

VN Store

Back