Let's talk about Jalen Hurd - Eddie George is.

Jake

This kid is a freakin BEAST!! After watching his two big runs last night, he reminds me so much of Eddie George. He has super star written all over him.

Wow!!! Much faster than I thought he was.

Reactions: 4 people
This kid is a freakin BEAST!! After watching his two big runs last night, he reminds me so much of Eddie George. He has super star written all over him.

I do agree with you. Just goes to show what he will be able to do once the o-line learns how to run block. And they will.

It also makes those negavols questioning Hurds abilities and skill look stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

The two big runs were great, but he was actually a touch slower than I thought he was. That DB ran him down like he was walking.

Reactions: 8 people
The two big runs were great, but he was actually a touch slower than I thought he was. That DB ran him down like he was walking.

For his size...his feet are very quick and he was leaving dust in his tracks...for his size. His cuts impressed me when he had a seam to run through.

Reactions: 1 person

Faster than Eddie George.

Reactions: 2 people

I thought that as well but then I looked at it some more. To get to the outside he was slowed a bit by a defender and just could not get back to full speed quick enough to avoid the tackle. The defender did take a good angle.

A guy with a young OLine against one of the best DLine's in the nation on the road finds a way to bust two big runs and a big screen play and people say "he isn't as fast."

My god I've heard it all now. You do realize he's playing against a top defense right? They're not made of Karns high school players that you played against you idiots.

If he runs a 4.45 that's blazing, but if their guys run just as fast as him even a tad slower so let's say 4.5 they will catch him.

Here is how things work: guys with a 20-30 yard head start down the field and with good angles will run down a guy of same speed and even guys who are a bit faster.

If he ran a 4.2 and got an additional block or two down field he might have outran that fast defense.

I hear people complain about Dooley players left on this team, that's fine. But my god we have a ton of Dooley type fans left over. You see an 18 year old come in and ball out against 21-22-23 year old men who have been in strength and conditioning programs for 3-4-5 years and you tell me Hurd isn't fast?

Take your Dooley mentality and hit the road we don't want you energy vampires on our energy bus.

Reactions: 41 people
Your like a breath of fresh air around here! :good!:

Jalen Hurd, Justin Worley, Cam Sutton, Pig, AJ, talented youth, are a breath of fresh air around here. I just really like what we are seeing....I really really do.

Great teams with great coaches show signs of direction in their second year...and it's happening to us. We are that team now...it's what we've all been praying for. It's happening.

Reactions: 11 people
His big runs were great but I think what most impressed me was the fact that he wasn't rattled by the stage he was playing on. Primetime on national TV in a hostile environment and he was solid as a rock. Imo he is going to be something special.

Reactions: 12 people
His big runs were great but I think what most impressed me was the fact that he wasn't rattled by the stage he was playing on. Primetime on national TV in a hostile environment and he was solid as a rock. Imo he is going to be something special.

Kid has the best game of his young career against arguably the best team he's going to face all year, and it's on the road and these idiots complain.

But you can't fix stupid around here.

Reactions: 6 people

That too, bro....he's very mature and he's a badazz mofo. He opened my eyes last night. Very impressed with this young man.

I was feeling bad for Marlin Lane for a while as I like his running style and I've always looked forward to his presence as a healthy RB. Now we see why Butch has persistently pushed Hurd forward...he's been waiting on a situation like last night to occur. That moment when a boy becomes a man. And it happened.

VN Store

Back