Let's Set the Bar for the 2019-20 Season.

The stench of the Holly Warlick era won't be erased overnight. I think 1 year to set the tone for the program, with results by year 3. There is deeper competition in the SEC now, and some teams will have equal or better players, so I'm not expecting they run roughshod over the SEC like they did in their glory years...but a consistent conference top 4 finish by year 2 would be the expectation, as well as not constantly playing down to the level of competition. If she's got them in the E8 by year 3-4, I'd consider that a success. Truthfully, I think she can get there by year 2 if there are no major transfers.

Or if the coach is a three star the players will be also.

She has already gotten 4 star performance out of her players

If there aren’t multiple transfers, there’s no reason not to at least make it to the Elite Eight.

I believe S16/E8 is a formidable first year goal.
But attainable as long as we keep transfers to a minimum
And if do they fly,
we will just have to make new birds

Reactions: BUBear
My expectations aren’t record related. I’m more concerned about quality of play. I’d like to see fewer turnovers, sharp passing, offensive movement, and better on-court chemistry. Would be nice if our defense can limit star players and our posts learn how to keep the ball high for offensive putbacks.

Overall, our team and help defense needs to improve immensely.

By next March I want the team to look polished. If our play improves, results will follow.

A lot of the early work for Kellie will be teaching our players fundamentals, discipline and accountability. Judging from past player interviews, our current players believe they’re much better than they are and they need a reality check about what it truly takes to win a championship. What better teacher than someone who was the first to win 3 NCAA titles in a row?

Yeah, I'm looking for development, quality of play, discipline, confidence building, and team cohesiveness. If they can get that, the wins will come.

I'm going to put on my orange and white glasses tonight and predict the Tennessee women's basketball team in 2019-2020 will be somewhere in the 21-24 win range and finish 3rd or 4th in the SEC. I think that will get them a 5th or 6th Seed in the NCAA Tournament. This will be a good head coaching debut for Kellie Jolly Harper.

Don't know if this is to high of a bar but 1st our jerseys are orange and white so hopfully our guards will know that passing the ball to any other colored jersy is wrong! And throwing it in the 3rd row to a fan wearing orange is not right either! 2nd and I am sure this is asking a lot but how about hustling the entire game and actually act like you give a damn! But hey if this is asking to much or setting to high of a bar then so be it!

Don't know if this is to high of a bar but 1st our jerseys are orange and white so hopfully our guards will know that passing the ball to any other colored jersy is wrong! And throwing it in the 3rd row to a fan wearing orange is not right either! 2nd and I am sure this is asking a lot but how about hustling the entire game and actually act like you give a damn! But hey if this is asking to much or setting to high of a bar then so be it!

Really?

and for the second one...
Really?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Speaking of jerseys, we need to bring back the baby blue!!

Who says we're all impatient, crazed and full of unrealistic expectations? Sure sounds sane and logical in here to me, and I couldn't agree more. I can't really put a number on my expectations b/c too much is unknown and the situation is too effed up. Here's what I want to see in general the first crucial year:
Clean the culture - determine who, if any, need to go and send them off. Clearly explain the new culture, firmly implement it and require full buy-in.
Assess the "talent" - determine what you actually have, determine the damage to and potential of players and begin a plan to repair and restore.
Reintroduce fundamentals - turnover madness must stop. Hello dribbling, passing, decision making. Been a while. Don't forget lay up practice.
Implement a half court offense - doesn't mean you can never run or get points off turnovers, but when forced into a half court situation, have an actual plan that does not include desperation.
Improve steadily - quit being 50 First Dates with the Lady Vols. Use building blocks, learn stuff game to game, don't treat every game as a blank slate. Be better, both individually and as a team, at the end of the season than at the beginning.
Have fun, be fun!

Year two we'll get down to the unrealistic number expectations.

VN Store

Back