Let's just not even play in the SEC Tournament Next Year

volbound1700

NCAA Selection Committee said it doesn't count so let's save our players and forfeit our first game next year as a mockery to the Committee.

I remember one year a 12-4 Alabama team got left out for a 7-9 SEC team because of OOC schedules. Why don't we take it a step further and not even play Conference games since they are all about what you did in November and December?

Reactions: berryvol
NCAA Selection Committee said it doesn't count so let's save our players and forfeit our first game next year as a mockery to the Committee.

I remember one year a 12-4 Alabama team got left out for a 7-9 SEC team because of OOC schedules. Why don't we take it a step further and not even play Conference games since they are all about what you did in November and December?

This thread actually does not even warrant discussion.

This thread actually does not even warrant discussion.

It is probably more about a mockery to the Committee than a real request but I think it needs to be said to the Committee. There needs to be major changes in the NCAA Committee.

I am a fan of one item, I think the SEC Tournament should play the Final game on Saturday and move it up a day. It is clear the Committee has never taken into account the games played on Sunday.

It is probably more about a mockery to the Committee than a real request but I think it needs to be said to the Committee. There needs to be major changes in the NCAA Committee.

I am a fan of one item, I think the SEC Tournament should play the Final game on Saturday and move it up a day. It is clear the Committee has never taken into account the games played on Sunday.

Agree, but I guess ESPN is pushing for that Sunday final.

Nope. It was just too much fun to knock Ky out of a 1 by beating them. We can savor that for a bit.

The problem is the NCAA not the SEC, if you want to lash out at the NCAA, complain to CBS about the biased selection process, essentially a "fixed" field to protect legacy basketball programs rather than a fair and non discriminatory process, boycott those advertisers that run commercials during the broadcast of NCAA games, let them know you will not support their products or services connected to a biased and discriminatory organization like the NCAA, it's not 1986 anymore and the boobs that run the NCAA can't figure out a way to do it other than the way they've always done it

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Won’t ever happen, but I agree in principle. The committee has made every conference tourney meaningless. Why would any elite team participate and risk injury? We almost lost KC against state on Friday and what did we gain? Absolutely nothing.

The smiles and happy tears on the player's faces yesterday after the win say otherwise................

I think you are missing the point of my OP, it is more about mocking the NCAA selection committee then an actual cut at the SEC tournament.

Any changes to the tournament must be approved by Kentucky & Alabama

Sankey loves Bama football and UK basketball while the others are left in the dirt.

He’s no more crooked than the NCAA.

The problem is the NCAA not the SEC, if you want to lash out at the NCAA, complain to CBS about the biased selection process, essentially a "fixed" field to protect legacy basketball programs rather than a fair and non discriminatory process, boycott those advertisers that run commercials during the broadcast of NCAA games, let them know you will not support their products or services connected to a biased and discriminatory organization like the NCAA, it's not 1986 anymore and the boobs that run the NCAA can't figure out a way to do it other than the way they've always done it[/

We have to win six games, and play better teams as we go along. Once you beat a seed above you, you gain all the benefits and advantages owned by that seed. We’re better off where we are than getting a 2 out West.

Meaningless??? Then go ask the players for their rings since they are meaningless. It may be meaningless to you, but I can assure you that it means a lot to the players. This was a 43 year accomplishment. It means a lot.

Read the original post and proceeding discussion. I don't think anyone on here considers it meaningless, it was the NCAA Selection Committee that tends to ignore the Conference Tournaments.

Reactions: wmcovol
TN is just not one of the elite BB teams that have NCAA tourney successful history's. Only 1 elite 8 and no final 4's will not get you any respect. Just have to do better in NCAA tourneys. Besides this is Coach K's final yr and Duke is going to get a high seed to protect them as they are one of the BB elites.

Reactions: volbound1700
Read the original post and proceeding discussion. I don't think anyone on here considers it meaningless, it was the NCAA Selection Committee that tends to ignore the Conference Tournaments.

Once a thread gets misread and side tracked OP there is no stopping it.

I do believe that our win didn’t matter for our seeding, however, I think that was just because it was us. I believe that if Kentucky had won, it would have affected their seeding.

TN is just not one of the elite BB teams that have NCAA tourney successful history's. Only 1 elite 8 and no final 4's will not get you any respect. Just have to do better in NCAA tourneys. Besides this is Coach K's final yr and Duke is going to get a high seed to protect them as they are one of the BB elites.

Agree but this is a problem with College Sports in general. They need to be FAIR to all programs and not just pick blue bloods.

It is a major issue in College Football as well.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
Meaningless??? Then go ask the players for their rings since they are meaningless. It may be meaningless to you, but I can assure you that it means a lot to the players. This was a 43 year accomplishment. It means a lot.

The NCAA committee has declared it meaningless. Hell, Jay, the talking prick, Bilas even described them as that. Of course the ACC tournament is not meaningless,,,,,

The NCAA committee has declared it meaningless. Hell, Jay, the talking prick, Bilas even described them as that. Of course the ACC tournament is not meaningless,,,,,

Actually it is because Virginia Tech kind of got railroad as well despite winning the ACC.

My big issue with the Committee is they take wins in November and December too seriously.

VN Store

Back