Let's Do This

I somewhat agree with you, but this is basketball. We’ve all seen 18 year olds have very good, productive seasons. I honestly feel that if given a normal off season, last years squad could’ve been a little better. The one thing I have a hard time grasping, is Barnes turning the team over to a true freshman PG. we all know how hard he is on that position. Will he trust Chandler?
GBO!!

All good points. It might be we start the season with someone else at PG, and KG gradually takes over during the year, the way Springer and Keon did.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Remember when Grant Williams shot an extra 1000 3-pointers every day in the offseason then came back the next season with a better 3?

Our men this season have the same opportunity.
Yes. I also remember that time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the mud dogs won the bourbon bowl.
GBO!!

Reactions: OneVolNation
Gonna be some nice battles this year. Between Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Tennessee it’s gonna be battle for the top .
I’m looking forward to the early season tourney of unc, Nova, Purdue, UT at Mohegan Sun if that’s still on. Maybe best lineup of any early season holiday tourney I’ve seen

Can Barnes actually beat Pearl in a basketball game? I'm sorry. I find him losing to Pearl every time extremely disheartening and annoying. I'm sick of Barnes teams losing early in the SEC and ncaa tourneys no matter how good we are. I do however... appreciate that with Barnes we're at least not perennial bottom feeders and we have national respect. I truly do.
When have they lost early in the SEC tourney?

When have they lost early in the SEC tourney?
Lol we were one meltdown away, against bama, from playing in our third consecutive SEC championship and somehow the myth of us doing bad in the SEC tourney gets posted here all the time. I guess I can’t blame football fans for thinking that. They just hear Barnes sucks in the post season and automatically apply that to the SEC tourney too. It’s very obvious a lot of the people that complain about Barnes/the basketball team barely follow them.

Here's the glass half empty, cautionary summation: Our point guard will a a freshman, five star or not. The back-up point guard is not a real point guard. Our most talented posts will be freshmen. Our transfer wing from Auburn is almost just a freshman. Except for Fulky, none of our experienced post depth has developed yet to the point they can be counted on. None of our outside shooters have shown consistent accuracy in their careers.

So to get this team to gel and hit on all cylinders by tournament time in 22 will take a great coaching job by the staff and need a huge, dedicated effort by the players.
I think by tournament time we will be fine. It’s possible we’re a little slow out of the gate so, depending on the schedule, that could lead to early losses. But, unlike last year, these guys will get a full preseason, I assume anyway. Plus, I don’t think Barnes will have nearly as much trouble slotting these players into roles as he has true 1-5 players now. Last year literally every player was 2-4 except for Uros. Barnes couldn’t figure out the right combo. Surely Fulky will be healthy. If we get to the point where he’s the 6th man I think we could have a great year.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I am going to make a prediction that this is the year JJJ emerges as a 1st team SEC player. I think he already does a lot and is under appreciated by fans and around the SEC. This year I think he realizes he can be the best player on the court every time he goes out there and shows out.
Love the optimism. I don’t know that he will be 1st team but I could see 2nd team maybe. I do agree he’s going to have a great year and also be under appreciated.

I think by tournament time we will be fine. It’s possible we’re a little slow out of the gate so, depending on the schedule, that could lead to early losses. But, unlike last year, these guys will get a full preseason, I assume anyway. Plus, I don’t think Barnes will have nearly as much trouble slotting these players into roles as he has true 1-5 players now. Last year literally every player was 2-4 except for Uros. Barnes couldn’t figure out the right combo. Surely Fulky will be healthy. If we get to the point where he’s the 6th man I think we could have a great year.

All good points. There is a glass half full scenario (which I, aw an optimist prefer) and you have made a good case for it.

Can Barnes actually beat Pearl in a basketball game? I'm sorry. I find him losing to Pearl every time extremely disheartening and annoying. I'm sick of Barnes teams losing early in the SEC and ncaa tourneys no matter how good we are. I do however... appreciate that with Barnes we're at least not perennial bottom feeders and we have national respect. I truly do.
To be fair, Pearl was sitting at home during the NCAA tourney. He didn’t get the chance to get blown out in the first round by a 12 seed.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
All good points. There is a glass half full scenario (which I, aw an optimist prefer) and you have made a good case for it.
Hey, I get being realistic too. I just really like the makeup of this team. We shall see! I love your name by the way.

VN Store

Back