Let’s will ourselves into recession

You asked the question, "Can you imagine buying a 100-year bond?". My response was that if you live in a world of ZIRP/NIRP, it shouldn't be hard to imagine at all.

Just how ****ing drunk are you right now?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 10
That will surely keep those Baby Boomers pensions and retirement accounts afloat. Hell, that doesn't even keep pace with inflation.

Maybe you missed the part about "short duration". The poor baby boomers can park their cash there and buy fixed income after the dust settles.

Maybe you missed the part about "short duration". The poor baby boomers can park their cash there and buy fixed income after the dust settles.
Why are Baby Boomers or anyone else for that matter having to "park cash" somewhere in the first place? I thought we had a booming economy? Why are we biting our fingernails over a 25 basis pt move one way or the other?

Why are Baby Boomers or anyone else for that matter having to "park cash" somewhere in the first place? I thought we had a booming economy? Why are we biting our fingernails over a 25 basis pt move one way or the other?

Investments and the economy are 2 different things. It makes no sense for risk averse savers to buy long term debt right now with the current low yields and they'll lose principle once rates go up. So they should park in short term debt right now and move it to fixed income later when conditions are more favorable.

Reactions: AM64
Why are Baby Boomers or anyone else for that matter having to "park cash" somewhere in the first place?

Think insurance companies, mutual funds, pension funds. And we're talking globally. Foreign investors also have currency risk investing in America, so they may simply do it in their own country.

Often they create their own jobs and jobs for natives, too. Nobody is saying that you can just drop 5 million immigrants into a bad economy and it's going to fix everything. What I'm saying is limiting immigration below what the market demands is bad for an economy. We have 7m jobs to fill right now and we're trying to prevent people from filling those jobs. That's a Trump admin number. It makes no sense.

To your point, cheap labor is a great way to jump-start a struggling economy, if that's what the market demands.

We know the only thing you love more than immigrants is to argue...lol..but part of this is not true. I work with hundreds of amigos every single day. I have never at any point in time in ANY trade whether carpentry, masonry, electrical, plumbing...you name it...EVER seen a Hispanic immigrant whether legal or illegal...create jobs for white or black Americans. Never. Not once, ever. Never seen any of them employ a white or especially not a black person. They think whites are lazy compared to them though intelligent...and often times they are correct about that sadly...and they think blacks are lazy too and hate them with a passion. Latinos here are more racist against white people than any white person of any age that I have ever known. It's because they get robbed all too frequently by black guys who know that as illegals they will not call the police. I just had a coworker killed, and another shot that lived...which only reinforced this hate even more. Some of them even hate black LATINOS I guess just by association. But back to my point...no..I have never personally seen latino immigrants employ 1 single American. Ever
I have never even seen a white or black waitress at a Mexican restaurant. Taco Bell doesnt count...it is corporate...I am talking any Mexican joint run and owned by amigos...they will only employ other amigos....just like every single construction crew i have ever seen in 27 straight years of working construction. I am sure there exceptions to the rule...somewhere in the US...but i have personally seen thousands of amigos on all latino crews with zero Americans...so you are talking a very small fraction of 1%... you can stretch and say "well the Mexican crews need materials so the factories have to employ people to produce the materials etc....but those same houses and apartment buildings got built by American people 20 years and 30 million illegal aliens ago...and if they werent here they would get built by Americans again...except wages would probably go up at least 20% which would greatly help myself and everyone like me that has worked their sizes off outside all year round for decades only to see wages completely stagnant and MANY MANY American crews put out of business because they cant compete with wages when 26 amigos live in a 2 bedroom sheit apartment in the ghetto and live off of peanuts. You always act like immigration is the best thing ever...even illegal immigration...and you ALWAYS ignore the many terrible effects it has on our country...BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars...and yes...I have seen it 1st hand...where American framers, trim carpenters, brick masons, concrete crews, drywall crews, roofing...all of them...were simply run out of business by illegal labor cutting their throats on the bids for every project.

In construction, you are either in 1 of 2 places:
Competing with amigos and their impossibly low wages due to illegals...and starving..

Or in charge of a bunch of amigos, subcontracting to them, and making a decent living off the difference between what you can get paid to do jobs and what you can supervise them doing it.

I live it. Every single day. I am personally responsible for 80 to 120 amigos every single day. I rarely speak English at work. I never see anyone on the job that isnt a latino unless they are a foreman or a superintendent like me. Never. Illegals have completely taken over construction and a good portion of landscaping too in the US. They also take a huge chunk of food processing plant work, farming labor, etc etc....these are jobs that all used to get done by Americans. All of them. There is not a such thing as " doing the jobs we dont want" there is only "suppressing wages until Americans that actually pay taxes cant do these jobs and eat " bunch of BS amand we have to put a stop to it

Those people that you have to let go have financial obligations. Maybe my warning wouldn't do you any good, but in general, the average person on the street needs to be alert at this moment.

The average person on the street needs to be alert at all times. Nothing lasts forever and nobody is going to take care of them but themselves. I’ve done my best to set myself up to survive the lean times. They should be doing the same

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I don't see any lack of UPS or Fedex trucks driving up and down my street every day. When I get on the interstate they seem to multiply. So what is the indicator of recession that you see in the trucking industry?

There were a bunch of articles about "recession" in the trucking industry several weeks ago ... then I was off helping a son with a move and a few other distractions. In the meantime there seems to be nothing new in the news, so maybe it was real, and maybe it was just msm inspired anti Trump end of days hysteria. This is an example from much earlier in the year:

Truck drivers see orders, miles fall in latest U.S. slowdown signal

Last edited:
There were a bunch of articles about "recession" in the trucking industry several weeks ago ... then I was off helping a son with a move and a few other distractions. In the meantime there seems to be nothing new in the news, so maybe it was real, and maybe it was just msm inspired anti Trump end of days hysteria. This is an example from much earlier in the year:

Truck drivers see orders, miles fall in latest U.S. slowdown signal
I read an article on UPS doing some pilot drives with autonomous trucks doing runs from Phoenix to Texas somewhere.

VN Store

Back