Let’s Play QB Pros and Cons Game.

Vfl2407

So, pretend you are in the offensive staffs meeting room.
The coaches are going old school and have a big chalkboard In front of them.
On it, they have a list of things that will decide who their starter and second team, third, fourth, fifth QBs will be.
Things like arm strength, accuracy, foot speed, coachability, leadership, etc.
Under all of them are the five names with pro check marks or con x marks by their names.

From what you know about all 5, realizing Milton and Salter are new to us now, which QB do you think would have the most pro check marks Heading into August’s fall practice?

If Salter doesn’t sell drugs he starts... he can beat out the roster
Wowza.
Blob: “ Joining us now for tonight’s 2021 opener vs Bowling Green is our new color analyst, former Vol And pro QB Pat Ryan. Pat, the freshman Salter getting the start, what do you think?”
Pat: “Well, Bob, if Salter delivers passes like he does drugs, he will be awesome”.
Blob: “Whoa, what a turn of events that took.”.

Last edited:
Blob: “ Joining us now for tonight’s 2021 opener vs Bowling Green is our new color analyst, former Vol And pro QB Pat Ryan. Pat, the freshman Salter getting the start, what do you think?”
Pat: “Well, Bob, if Salter delivers passes like he does drugs, he will be awesome”.
LOL! Must admit, that made me chuckle.

Pros - Alabama has a bunch of them on their roster

Cons - Florida has a bunch of them on their roster

We don't have enough of either

I really disagree with that. QB is one room where we have some talent and experience. Nice play on words though. Cons-Alabama has a bunch of them, but they hide them well and nobody has the guts to make charges against them. The SEC has a security blanket over the prima donnas.

So, pretend you are in the offensive staffs meeting room.
The coaches are going old school and have a big chalkboard In front of them.
On it, they have a list of things that will decide who their starter and second team, third, fourth, fifth QBs will be.
Things like arm strength, accuracy, foot speed, coachability, leadership, etc.
Under all of them are the five names with pro check marks or con x marks by their names.

From what you know about all 5, realizing Milton and Salter are new to us now, which QB do you think would have the most pro check marks Heading into August’s fall practice?

Fair and at one time interesting question for me to entertain.
But now...
I just want somebody to step up come August.

Me and many others on here have analyzed, and criticized hell maybe even marginalized!
Over and over and over over...
I'm way over the discussion of it. As in i'm tired of talking about it.
We have what 4 or 5 Elite 11 QBs on our roster now??

One of them has to be able to move this team forward.

Till it happens, I've lost interest in thinking who it will be.

May the best man win.

I’d say pull a Fulmer and start a freshman half way through tbe season and play him the next four years.

The fans would not know if any of the others were actually better unless then transferred out and tore it up somewhere else like they did with Butch.

But now...

Me and many others on here have analyzed, and criticized hell maybe even marginalized!

May the best man win.

I understand.
we are all so tired of ineptitude and just want to at least be competent.

I really disagree with that. QB is one room where we have some talent and experience. Nice play on words though. Cons-Alabama has a bunch of them, but they hide them well and nobody has the guts to make charges against them. The SEC has a security blanket over the prima donnas.
I think his post was tongue in cheek....

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Wowza.
The dude who has essentially never even thrown a pass in a college practice is going to beat out all the other guys who are older and/or established? I don't see it happening.
🤣🤣🤣 let’s go!!

Reactions: rocytop2624
But now...

May the best man win.

I'll play
Maurer - strong arm, gunslinger mentality, throws picks but makes some unbelievable throws, lacks accuracy on some throws.

Bailey - Good arm, can make the throws with accuracy, Needs more gunslinger as he tends to hold the ball, might be great in Heupel offense as I think the beauty of the offense is that most decisions are made pre snap (this could also be said for Maurer).

Hooker - has talent, good runner, was brought in as insurance i feel like, I don't think he starts but I could see a package with his running ability

Salter - lots of talent, no experience, I cannot see him starting. Maybe by mid season he takes over but I don't think so.

Here is an A to Z article discussing this very topic. They think Hooker starts
Tennessee has one of the most efficient QBs in college football on roster

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Pros - Alabama has a bunch of them on their roster

Cons - Florida has a bunch of them on their roster

We don't have enough of either
QONVIyz.gif

VN Store

Back