Less Expensive Medical Procedures In Mexico

HarsinVol

The cost of equal or better care in most of the easily accessible states of Mexico (Yucatán, Chiapas, Quintana Roo, etc) is a given. Not just dental which can be a whole lot cheaper (50-75%) but non-insurance compensated major surgeries like all breast augmentations, liposuction, facial surgeries (lifts, etc.). Anyone have any expereince with medical tourism inc the Latin American countries?

My wife is Peruvian, so when we were down before our wedding I got two repairs to some chipped teeth, a full clean, and she got a full clean for less than $70 cash. Added benefit is that dentistry in South America is largely practiced by women :)

The cost of equal or better care in most of the easily accessible states of Mexico (Yucatán, Chiapas, Quintana Roo, etc) is a given. Not just dental which can be a whole lot cheaper (50-75%) but non-insurance compensated major surgeries like all breast augmentations, liposuction, facial surgeries (lifts, etc.). Anyone have any expereince with medical tourism inc the Latin American countries?

You Can substitute just about any country for Mexico. Drugs are also fairly priced in the rest of the world.

Reactions: HarsinVol
Medical tourism (MT) is making its way into the business arena. There are companies that put together entire packages, here is one I am investigating.

Apollo Medical Travel - World Class Care, for Less

You pay all fees directly to the medical provider and the MT companies have vetted these providers with case after case of positive testimony. They get their cut from the med provider as a % of the overall patient costs. The clientele is, surprisingly. mostly upper to very high income/asset individuals. Get your boobs done, or your eyes fixed or veneers of choice and enjoy a week in Playa Del Carmen or Cartagena.

I had gastric sleeve done by Dr. Alvarez just across the line of Eagle Pass Texas. Cost was a 3rd what it was going to cost me stateside. His surgery center was nicer than most hospitals I had even been in.

Please be careful with this. My wife was a critical care nurse in San Antonio and took care of many seriously messed up people after they had botched cross border surgeries.

Reactions: CPA
I had gastric sleeve done by Dr. Alvarez just across the line of Eagle Pass Texas. Cost was a 3rd what it was going to cost me stateside. His surgery center was nicer than most hospitals I had even been in.

This is not an uncommon experience, Mexico understand how to recruit potential patients with (many American) fully qualified doctors, upgraded facilities and restricting costs.

in the 90's a lot of people retired to mexico, because of the medical, now there are old timer ex pats camps. My great, great papa bought an airstream and retired to mexico. We used to love mexico, and mexico loved us.

Please be careful with this. My wife was a critical care nurse in San Antonio and took care of many seriously messed up people after they had botched cross border surgeries.
We've had better care, friendlier people, and way more professionalism in Latin America than most of the doctors and hospitals we've visited in the US. In many of these countries insurance is limited and they operate as true for-profit entities, and what do you know- service is better and prices are cheaper.

Going to Paco's Back-Alley Boob Job Clinic is going to mess you up no matter what country you're in.

Why go to Mexico? Various Dallas storage units have offered plastic surgery (injecting silicone sealant for the treatment of cellulite) as well as OB and breast exams over the years

VN Store

Back