Les Miles out at Kansas amid allegations

The Kansas City sports media didn't pull any punches in questions for KU AD Jeff Long (former Arkansas AD) during his presser today about why he should be able to select the next HC......especially after hiring Bobby Petrino and Les Miles.

Political correctness? What is political about allowing a guy to sexually harass female employees? Seems to me that Les did some bad stuff and it caught up to him. Life is hard sometimes. He’s still a few million richer for it. Poor guy. Now he has all the free time in the world to chase tail.

Well, while at this (just fired-from) job, he lied about what happened at the last job. That will usually get you sacked.
Ought to get the AD who vetted then hired him sacked if indeed it was a fireable offense. Isn’t that the most important responsibility of an AD?

Reactions: buckfama
What if LSU was asked if there were any issues and weren't forthcoming about it to keep it from the public?

Wouldn't that make them liable in a civil case?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Political correctness? What is political about allowing a guy to sexually harass female employees? Seems to me that Les did some bad stuff and it caught up to him. Life is hard sometimes. He’s still a few million richer for it. Poor guy. Now he has all the free time in the world to chase tail.
Maybe he did, but he needs his day in court before he’s convicted.

Maybe he did, but he needs his day in court before he’s convicted.

Why is everyone acting like these are new accusations? The investigation was already completed in 2013 by a law firm external to the LSU athletic department. The investigation corroborated the victims’ accusations and Miles should have been fired but avoided any punishment other than being told that he can’t be alone with female interns anymore. The fact that LSU tried to hide the investigation does not make the results of that investigation irrelevant or untrue. He got fired from Kansas because he wasn’t truthful with them and LSU wasn’t truthful with them.

I would think an investigation that found that Miles was inappropriate with female interns, and covered up a bunch of other sexual assaults by his players, would be material in their vetting of a head coach. I think if Kansas, or any other school that wanted to hire him, would want to know about that before giving the guy millions of dollars.

Reactions: VolNExile
Why is everyone acting like these are new accusations? The investigation was already completed in 2013 by a law firm external to the LSU athletic department. The investigation corroborated the victims’ accusations and Miles should have been fired but avoided any punishment other than being told that he can’t be alone with female interns anymore. The fact that LSU tried to hide the investigation does not make the results of that investigation irrelevant or untrue. He got fired from Kansas because he wasn’t truthful with them and LSU wasn’t truthful with them.

I would think an investigation that found that Miles was inappropriate with female interns, and covered up a bunch of other sexual assaults by his players, would be material in their vetting of a head coach. I think if Kansas, or any other school that wanted to hire him, would want to know about that before giving the guy millions of dollars.
We’re his actions criminal or just creepy?

I'd say it is probably more like Kansas didn't do their due diligence and didn't ask enough or the right questions.

I'd say it is probably more like Kansas didn't do their due diligence and didn't ask enough or the right questions.

This is a direct quote from Long in an SI article up right now:

“I also asked coach Miles, directly during the interview process, whether there was anything in the past that could potentially embarrass the university, or himself or our program, and he said no,” Long said. “We also did our due diligence by talking to individuals within the LSU athletic department to see if there was anything we should be aware of regarding coach Miles’ tenure at LSU and received no indications of any issues.”

If Miles nor LSU were forthcoming, then how would they know? They’ve paid him a settlement of 2 million. I don’t feel sorry for the guy nor do I think he’s been unfairly treated.

Reactions: VolNExile
This is a direct quote from Long in an SI article up right now:

“I also asked coach Miles, directly during the interview process, whether there was anything in the past that could potentially embarrass the university, or himself or our program, and he said no,” Long said. “We also did our due diligence by talking to individuals within the LSU athletic department to see if there was anything we should be aware of regarding coach Miles’ tenure at LSU and received no indications of any issues.”

If Miles nor LSU were forthcoming, then how would they know? They’ve paid him a settlement of 2 million. I don’t feel sorry for the guy nor do I think he’s been unfairly treated.
Way too vague of a question. Perhaps Les doesn't consider what he did to be embarrassing.

Besides, does anyone think he's going to go, "Oh yeah, I forgot, there's this crap from my LSU days, let me just withdraw my name right now?"
Yep. What you have to do in those cases is play the grapevine. And that doesn't necessarily mean asking people at LSU. If your due diligence consists mostly of asking the coach if they "did anything embarrassing," I mean, come on. That isn't even a pointed, specific question.

VN Store

Back