Lennon Creer is a vol

Foster is not a guy who dances around, he is definatly a straight ahead runner. Our problem is the lack of a lead back, aka a fullback. Anderson was a good run blocker two years ago, and that is what lead to Arian's big yardage games.

This past year, the lack of a quality fullback was so glaring that we had to use tight ends in that position, which clearly is not a solution. Hardesty and Arian are guys who need that, Coker is more of a scat back so he doesn't need the FB. That is why he showed so much more potential last year and why Arian was so productive two years ago and not last year. Fulmer has lamented this fact many times.

That's what I liked about Travis Henry, that dude could fall forward for 3 yards with 7 guys hanging on him.

That's one of the biggest things we missed last year imo. Coker tried but he wasn't quite strong enough to make it work at times

Foster is not a guy who dances around, he is definatly a straight ahead runner. Our problem is the lack of a lead back, aka a fullback. Anderson was a good run blocker two years ago, and that is what lead to Arian's big yardage games.

This past year, the lack of a quality fullback was so glaring that we had to use tight ends in that position, which clearly is not a solution. Hardesty and Arian are guys who need that, Coker is more of a scat back so he doesn't need the FB. That is why he showed so much more potential last year and why Arian was so productive two years ago and not last year. Fulmer has lamented this fact many times.

When I watch Foster, I still see a guy trying to hit the home run every play and bouncing outside instead of cutting inside when there's nothing there

I would have liked to see more running plays to the outside with Coker this past season, but I guess the coaches had their reasons.

Coker and Creer could eventually make a nice 1-2 punch..

Some one is going to try to transfer, we have about 5 guys that could start now.

I would have liked to see more running plays to the outside with Coker this past season, but I guess the coaches had their reasons.

I think they were dumbfounded at the fact that Foster and Hardesty were producing in practice, but not in games, and LaMarcus was the opposite. I hope to see him get the ball a lot more next year.

not start now, but now we have 5 guys who have the potential to be starters at some point

no we need to throw, thats the problem with us now is that we dont have enuff faith in the players with the talent, just let the guys go out there and play because we probably have the most gifted team in the nation, u think Urban Meyer cared that Percy Harvin had no college experience this season... nope... he was a true freshman and the reason why the Gators won the championship, The game has changed, conservatism does not win championships, In order to be in contention for championships we have to get it to the guys who can make plays and our big playmakers are at receiver

Meyer's offense with or without Harvin DID NOT WIN THE NC for them. Ron Zook's defense won it for them.

Their O was nothing special against the SEC. Had their D not been good enough to give them alot of short fields, we could be discussing Meyer on the hot seat.

BTW, Zook's defense is no pretty much moved on. Meyer earns his first paycheck at UF next year.

we just gotta have better play calling this year, becuase a couple of times last year i saw where we ran the ball on 3rd and 7's and you cant do that and expect to win a football game especially when we didnt have good running backs that could pick up 4 or 5 yards a pop
It has little to do with playcalling.

UT was young and thin on the OL. They were young and relatively inexperienced at RB. They didn't have a productive FB. That's why the running game was inconsistent.

Cut brilliantly maximized his best assets... and it worked until Ainge went down with his ankle. It disrupted development and left him hobbled even into the PSU game.

In spite of losing WR's, UT should be a more complete offense this year. The TE's, RB's, and new WR's should all be involved. WR is actually the offensive position where experience matters least. It helps no doubt but it isn't as necessary as everywhere else. RB would be next.

Meyer's offense with or without Harvin DID NOT WIN THE NC for them. Ron Zook's defense won it for them.

Their O was nothing special against the SEC. Had their D not been good enough to give them alot of short fields, we could be discussing Meyer on the hot seat.

BTW, Zook's defense is no pretty much moved on. Meyer earns his first paycheck at UF next year.

You are over emphasizing the impact of Zook and downplaying the role Urban Meyer played.

Cut brilliantly maximized his best assets... and it worked until Ainge went down with his ankle. It disrupted development and left him hobbled even into the PSU game.

Unfortunately, Cut also made very bad playcall, putting Ainge into a situation that got him injured. Ainge's running definitely isn't one of the Vols' best assets.

Foster dances his butt to the outside when we run our signature counter play. Reggie Bush wannabe.

:unsure:

It has little to do with playcalling.

UT was young and thin on the OL. They were young and relatively inexperienced at RB. They didn't have a productive FB. That's why the running game was inconsistent.

In spite of losing WR's, UT should be a more complete offense this year. The TE's, RB's, and new WR's should all be involved. WR is actually the offensive position where experience matters least. It helps no doubt but it isn't as necessary as everywhere else. RB would be next.

That's just dead wrong. Ask any football coach what the easiest position to come in and play without experience is and they will tell you RB. I've heard coach after coach say that great RB's are already great when they get on campus, all they need to do is learn the blocking assignments which probably isn't a piece of cake, but ain't rocket science either. WR on the other hand takes practice and more practice and experience to get the routes and the timing with the QB down.

VN Store

Back