Lemme ask a question

Sooooo, you are saying you are jealous?

You had a very good team this year. Some solid talent next year from what I can tell. But the leaders may be different than the last two years and its impossible to know what kind of team you will have.

UF got incredibly lucky in the back to backs because everybody stayed. We knew what we had that second year.

I think Vol fans tend to downgrade the men’s basketball program alittle

Over the last 20+ years, UT administration has done about everything to kill it including Roundup, Fire, even Napalm but it keeps coming back like Kudzu. Incompetent hiring, lazy coaches, political envy and jealousy, to just simple plain stupidity have all contributed to the hard times. It’s always been UTs fault when the program sagged. If Barnes doesn’t do anything else, maybe he’ll show them what a winning program without drama looks like.

I think LG’s point is based on the distinction between being a S16 caliber program vs just any team that lost in the S16 which a lot of teams do. The more times you play in the s16 the more opportunities there are to be an elite 8 team. And E8, and F4, etc. Being a S16 caliber program means you’re going to consistently get those opportunities. I’m pretty pleased where our program is right now because I see us getting more of those opportunities in the foreseeable future. And as long as we do, we will break through. I’m disappointed as everyone is that this team failed to go further, but pleased w the state of the program

I think LG’s point is based on the distinction between being a S16 caliber program vs just any team that lost in the S16 which a lot of teams do. The more times you play in the s16 the more opportunities there are to be an elite 8 team. And E8, and F4, etc. Being a S16 caliber program means you’re going to consistently get those opportunities. I’m pretty pleased where our program is right now because I see us getting more of those opportunities in the foreseeable future. And as long as we do, we will break through. I’m disappointed as everyone is that this team failed to go further, but pleased w the state of the program

That and that historically this was an excellent finish and sets you up for repeated runs as time goes on. Both football and basketball success are built on momentum. While yes, a basketball team with 7-8 guys has a better chance of suddenly surging versus a team of 80 parts, sustained success takes some trial and error.

VN Store

Back