Lebby to Norman

Cutliffe to Ole Miss as OC that should lock up Arche Manning for them

I'll be honest. This terrifies me. Hope someone hires him as a head coach before we face them.

I predicted awhile back that Kiffin would wind up at Oregon this year. He did sign a contract extension which makes it more unlikely, but I have been reading that it is a possibility. Oregon/Nike will have their hands full as far as landing a decent coach, due to their NBA ties with China. Kiffin is someone who would be willing to brush off the arrows that would come. He may not need to worry over replacing Lebby.

Sooner fans hate Lebby. He was injured in HS, apparently, but never told his OU recruiter about the injury so he basically got a four year free ride at Oklahoma but the story gets even better.

He married Art Briles daughter and then started coaching for Briles at Baylor. Lebby had a buddy that was on staff at Tulsa one season and his buddy got married. His friend asked Lebby to be a groomsman in the wedding and Lebby accepted. The wedding was the night before the Tulsa game with Oklahoma and his friend asked Lebby and his wife if they wanted to be his sideline guests the following day. Because Baylor had an open date that weekend Mr and Mrs Lebby accepted that offer too. The Lebbys proceeded to take pictures of almost every play that OU ran in that game which is kinda against the rules of CFB. There are still photos of Art's daughter doing the misdeed floating around the interwebs thingy to this day.

Official No Lebby Squad - DirtBurglars

Seeing signals on your own sideline is one thing. Stealing signals for Baylor during a Tulsa game is a quite a bit different. Throw in him being an OU alum.

I would like some answers from Joe C. as to how he vetted Lebby. I feel like I can trust Joe C., but it is quite hard to imagine how he wasn't directly involved.

Don't care about the spying stuff, do care about covering up domestic and sexual violence

The same way that Joe C vetted Joe Money Mixon for braking that co-eds face which required her to drop out of school. Joe redshifted...errr... suspended Mixon.

Joe Mixon punched a woman. Here's the timeline

Last edited:
The Veer & Shoot offense is really specific and employed by relatively few teams in the way Briles ran it. It requires a lot out of your personnel to spread field and create gaps, and recruiting to it can be a challenge. I'm sure Aranda is extremely familiar with it, but we won't have played anything like it in the time our current group was on the field.

Honestly other than Lebby, it's not really been implemented all that well by his coaching tree. Babers, Montgomery, Gilbert, Lynch, Sowder have all had kind of middling results with it. Kendal did well with it until he got back into a P5 conference, and Arkansas showed some flashes but I know their fanbase isn't all that enamored with their offensive performance as a whole.

Josh Heupel at Tennessee is the first coach outside the Briles tree I'm aware of to implement a whole cloth Briles Veer & Shoot offense faithfully. His returns were relatively promising in 2021, which means that the V&S accounted for the #2, #5 and #7 offenses in the SEC. Not too shabby.

Reactions: LittleVol
Aranda has some experience against the Briles offense from when he was on Art's staff at Houston in 2003-2004. Aranda was also a GA at Texas Tech when Briles was RB coach for the Pirate. I'm just happy that Lebby won't be calling plays for Ole Miss when we play them in the Sugar Bowl.

I predicted awhile back that Kiffin would wind up at Oregon this year. He did sign a contract extension which makes it more unlikely, but I have been reading that it is a possibility. Oregon/Nike will have their hands full as far as landing a decent coach, due to their NBA ties with China. Kiffin is someone who would be willing to brush off the arrows that would come. He may not need to worry over replacing Lebby.
found it, from November 21
I actually think Kiffin winds up at Oregon after Cristobal goes to Miami. This is going to wind up being the wildest coaching carousel of our lifetime. I think it even ends up with Freeze going to VaTech.

Don’t be silly. Arch isn’t going anywhere with Cut. Why do people think this?
Last I heard was that Arch had Texas at the top of his list but that might have changed after the fubar season the Whorns had. Texas might actually be dangerous with a real QB but they will have to turn that entire roster over to do so.

The Veer & Shoot offense is really specific and employed by relatively few teams in the way Briles ran it. It requires a lot out of your personnel to spread field and create gaps, and recruiting to it can be a challenge. I'm sure Aranda is extremely familiar with it, but we won't have played anything like it in the time our current group was on the field.

Honestly other than Lebby, it's not really been implemented all that well by his coaching tree. Babers, Montgomery, Gilbert, Lynch, Sowder have all had kind of middling results with it. Kendal did well with it until he got back into a P5 conference, and Arkansas showed some flashes but I know their fanbase isn't all that enamored with their offensive performance as a whole.

Josh Heupel at Tennessee is the first coach outside the Briles tree I'm aware of to implement a whole cloth Briles Veer & Shoot offense faithfully. His returns were relatively promising in 2021, which means that the V&S accounted for the #2, #5 and #7 offenses in the SEC. Not too shabby.
I know it was just one game, but I was not impressed with the game Briles called when we played Arkansas last year. It was like he hadn't wanted any film and was unaware that our defense was unable to cover slants. They ran the ball a lot and threw the ball a lot to their outside receivers. He didn't attack the weak spots in our D like everyone else, and we actually had a 13-0 lead at halftime until he figured that out in the second half.

I know it was just one game, but I was not impressed with the game Briles called when we played Arkansas last year. It was like he hadn't wanted any film and was unaware that our defense was unable to cover slants. They ran the ball a lot and threw the ball a lot to their outside receivers. He didn't attack the weak spots in our D like everyone else, and we actually had a 13-0 lead at halftime until he figured that out in the second half.
Baby Briles doesn't call a good game. We lost a game at TCU once in a driving rain storm because he kept calling for the 3rd string QB, Chris Johnson to throw a water logged football deep. We had the OL and RBs that could easily won that game by stuffing the ball down the Froggies throats.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Baby Briles doesn't call a good game. We lost a game at TCU once in a driving rain storm because he kept calling for the 3rd string QB, Chris Johnson to throw a water logged football deep. We had the OL and RBs that could easily won that game by stuffing the ball down the Froggies throats.

That’s weird because one of Arkansas fans’ complaints is that he doesn’t throw the ball down the field enough. Overall I think we’re like 5th-6th in the SEC in scoring so it’s hard to fault him too much but he’s stubborn about the trick plays that never work and has some odd conservative calls on 3rd and 10 like a QB draw that only gets 3 yards or a 5-yard out route thrown short of the first down. He waits every game until we’re trailing to open up the playbook.

It’s strange though because at times it looks unstoppable and then we will have stretches where we can’t move the ball at all for 2-3 possessions against Rice. I do like his creativity in getting guys the ball in different ways and he’s done a very good job at QB development.

Reactions: Paper_Towel

VN Store

Back