LB scenarios

ILB are Banks and probably Joseph. Maybe even Eason, Garland, or Page. I would include McDonald, but the secondary is even thinner. OLB are Baron, Harrison, Eason, and Young.
We're not running a 3-4 anymore.

Baron, Eason, Young are all SDE or DE

I don't post much, but, let's be real, in college football these days, everyone has at least 3 wideouts, if not 4, so you don't need all of these LB's. Yes, for first down, maybe, but it is mostly 4-6 d'backs. Is depth needed? Absolutely, but to say you run a 3-4, or a 4-3, is totally irrelevant, in my opinion. Never played, had friends that did, but watch a bunch, like most of us. DB's are where it is at. My 2 cents.
Judging from recent headlines, we have several d’bags on the team, so we should be good.
Oooooh, nevermind, you said d’BACKS, my bad.
GBO!!

Transfer portal!!!
Yep. Gonna need to load up at LB with transfers. Folks just need to accept the crap storm that's coming next year. This idea that Heupel will work some sort of hurry up magic with this roster is just being naive. 6 wins would be fantastic. Anything above that would have me thinking he's SEC coach of the year material.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Henry T and Crouch are very likely gone.

French, Willis, and Beasley will get some form of punishment and play.
Yea i think the 1st few games we are going to have to roll with Banks and may have to move Bryson back to LB. Im not sure how much. T. McDonald currently weighs but he was a LB at Whitehaven so maybe he can buy us some time there as well. I believe he could actually thrive at LB against everyone except the power run teams on the schedule ( UGA, KY, Bama, Pitt)

Give me your expected scenario at LB this fall.

Clearly worst case is Henry T, Crouch, French, Willis, Beasley are all gone.
McDonald & Banks start. Eason plays Mike on rundowns. Try to hold it down with that until Willis, Beasley, French return from suspension.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Yep. Gonna need to load up at LB with transfers. Folks just need to accept the crap storm that's coming next year. This idea that Heupel will work some sort of hurry up magic with this roster is just being naive. 6 wins would be fantastic. Anything above that would have me thinking he's SEC coach of the year material.

The hyped up Heupel plan for 2021 season:
1. We never punt. 4th downs are for going for it every time.
2. We never kickoff deep, onsides kicks only. Kicker aims for the helmet or groin & we get the bounce
3. We never kick field goals.
4. We never kick extra points. Go for 2 every time.

The coached suggested he had ability ?? where was that declaration as you say made .. I think he is there just for having a body there sake .. we are down to bare mininum .. I can tell you the coaches are really hoping they are not forced to play this kid alot at ILB this year ..
One of the defensive coaches said so in an interview since spring started. That's the only thing I know about the kid besides his bio.

But no. You aren't switching the burden of proof. You claimed he was not capable of helping. Your job to prove that statement.

The hyped up Heupel plan for 2021 season:
1. We never punt. 4th downs are for going for it every time.
2. We never kickoff deep, onsides kicks only. Kicker aims for the helmet or groin & we get the bounce
3. We never kick field goals.
4. We never kick extra points. Go for 2 every time.
Sounds familiar. Where have I seen a similar game plan?
iu

How the HECK did Pruitt( defensive “GURU”) leave the defense so gutted??? A secondary with only one decent CB(Taylor), zero middle linebackers, an old experienced Defensive line that is’t very good and a Pass Rush who can’t rush a pass.
I think this was Pruitt’s plan all along for this season. He tried this defense out against Ga State but it was too soon. The world wasn’t ready for it.

One of the defensive coaches said so in an interview since spring started. That's the only thing I know about the kid besides his bio.

But no. You aren't switching the burden of proof. You claimed he was not capable of helping. Your job to prove that statement.
Show me quote from that coach to prove it ...

Give me your expected scenario at LB this fall.

Clearly worst case is Henry T, Crouch, French, Willis, Beasley are all gone.

French and Willis will be back. Everyone gives these kids second and third chances these days, deserved or not. Beasley, if guilty, is likely gone. Mutilating a cat is pretty heinous, more heinous than pushing someone aside and taking their pot.

This is what we have:

Tyler Baron
Byron Young
Kwauze Garland
Morven Joseph
Bryson Eason
Aaron Beasley - we will see...
Martavius French
Roman Harrison
Jeremy Banks
Nick Humphrey
Solon Page III
West Shuler
Aaron Willis
Eunique Valentine

May not all be studs but they are on a division one SEC roster and I'm not!

French and Willis will be back. Everyone gives these kids second and third chances these days, deserved or not. Beasley, if guilty, is likely gone. Mutilating a cat is pretty heinous, more heinous than pushing someone aside and taking their pot.

This is what we have:

Tyler Baron
Byron Young
Kwauze Garland
Morven Joseph
Bryson Eason
Aaron Beasley - we will see...
Martavius French
Roman Harrison
Jeremy Banks
Nick Humphrey
Solon Page III
West Shuler
Aaron Willis
Eunique Valentine

May not all be studs but they are on a division one SEC roster and I'm not!
Baron is almost certain to play DE... and be great. I believe Eason is also working with the DE's, right?

I don't think any of the guys in trouble now will be booted. We will see.

OTOH, if I were in Heupel's shoes I'd be recruiting every LB in the portal and also the top FCS/DivII LB's.

Reactions: JRich and LittleVol
Show me quote from that coach to prove it ...
It was Banks in an interview posted on 247 or Rivals. I saw it too...something like “he played LB in HS and has some talent so we wanted to see what he can do”. I assumed he was being polite and didn’t want to say we needed someone to practice with us. But, who knows! I appreciate Albright helping in a bad situation but not expecting much.

Reactions: Hallie
It was Banks in an interview posted on 247 or Rivals. I saw it too...something like “he played LB in HS and has some talent so we wanted to see what he can do”. I assumed he was being polite and didn’t want to say we needed someone to practice with us. But, who knows! I appreciate Albright helping in a bad situation but not expecting much.
Ih he said his name ..I guarantee he was being polite ... he hoping and praying albright aint on the field for his defense's sake

Ih he said his name ..I guarantee he was being polite ... he hoping and praying albright aint on the field for his defense's sake
So still this... no proof. Just your assumption that a kid that he coach said had some talent can't be developed to contribute?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back