Latest Polls

volinbham

VN GURU
Well, UT still at 15 in both polls. Struggling at Vandy didn't help. I'm ok with 15 but friggin' UGA is at 7 in one poll and 8 in the other! Same record against common opponents and we beat them solidly there :banghead:

Auburn fell back to solid 3 in both polls.

Well, there is a shocker! They can't keep the beloved bulldogs out of the top ten for long can they? The UGA team that struggled against Marshall and South Carolina! The UGA that we beat and Auburn beat! I thought that Florida State was one of the most over rated teams, but UGA comes in at a close second! Us struggling with Vandy certainly didn't help. Our defense looked HORRIBLE! I am happy just being the East champs this year and who knows, we might give Auburn a good game. They are only human too!

At this point in the season, the voters can go suck it for all I care. We need to beat Auburn, then we will go to a BCS game.

I was disappointed with yesterday's game too, but am still proud that our team has a 8-2 record, beat UGA, Florida, and Bama and are SEC East champs behind a third-string and two freshman quarterbacks!

GO VOLS!!!!

:cheer: :3cheers: :cheer:

I agree with LIO, good year all-in-all. The VU win wasn't pretty but neither was the Ark game in 98. :p

Just wondering if we win out (UK and AU), will we jump UGA in the polls? Beating UK won't really move us much; maybe a point or two. We'd have to jump 5 to 6 places to displace UGA eventhough they don't lose.

I doubt we would pass them regardless of what happens. Unless of course they lose to Georgia Tech.

I think you're right. Of course we are getting ahead of ourselves here but wouldn't that be bizarre. SEC champs ranked lower than a divisional foe they beat at their home field?

Georgia must be paying the pollsters. The media chose them early in the season for national chUmps and we forked that. The media wouldn't accept that because being a 12 point fav at home against a team that just got drubbed at home on national tv is not important Then they gey KILLED on the road by their arc rival. Not important either. Gives lots of merit to the ranking system, right. Enjoy your 04' season Bulldog fans, I sure did!!! :pepper:

Might I add that they only beat Marshall 13-3, lucked one out against South Carolina 20-16 and beat Arkansas 20-14!

Where was Georgia ranked in the polls to start the season compared to us? Anybody remember?

Originally posted by vol_freak@Nov 21, 2004 6:59 PM
Where was Georgia ranked in the polls to start the season compared to us? Anybody remember?

Coaches' Poll:

Georgia - 4th
Tennessee - 14th

AP Poll:

Georgia - 3rd
Tennessee - 14th

just a question...ya'll think fulmer gags chavis and sanders...i rarely if ever heard those 2 comment on anything. I dlove to hear them comment on their job peformance

VN Store

Back