Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

They won't "force" them really they'll just require the vaccine proof to access certain services. Businesses will fall in line
Exactly. Which is the same thing. Want to fly? Get a vaccine. Want to shop at Walmart? Get a vaccine. Want to visit a theme park? Get a vaccine. Go to the movies? Get a vaccine. On and on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 508mikey
Very interesting article. It contrasts what we read in this country:

Just how reliable are COVID-19 tests? Experts weigh in

So what are we to believe? I see tons of asymptomatic folks testing positive but we also can't deny that hospitals are busier than ever treating C19 patients so there definitely is a spike going on.

I don't know what to believe anymore
It is stated that the covid 19 rapid pcr will pick up the other corona viruses. How many positives have we seen with no symptoms or cold like symptoms?
Flawed device flawed outcome.

Reactions: 508mikey
This is basically how my wife grandpa died. They blamed it on kidneys. but he just declined after not having a loving touch for so long
I know of 2 people who had parents with dementia/alzheimer's die when they stopped eating. They visited them every day and when that stopped they couldn't cope.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I've heard this from several mothers in my practice who work in nursing homes. Heartbreaking.
I know of 2 people who had parents with dementia/alzheimer's die when they stopped eating. They visited them every day and when that stopped they couldn't cope.

There is no way to track the covid collateral damage is there? We will never see a report counting the number of nursing home and assisted living residents who died from a "lack of contact from family", will we?

There is no way to track the covid collateral damage is there? We will never see a report counting the number of nursing home and assisted living residents who died from a "lack of contact from family", will we?
My Mom lived alone and she was nervous every time I came over. She wanted the contact, but with me working at Walmart, I had to keep my distance and limit my visits.
She passed away peacefully in her sleep, but she was lonely and fearful of getting sick. Had she not passed in May, I don’t think she would have done well at all when I was sick recently.
The irrational fear being spread by the media and some government officials is almost criminal.

It is stated that the covid 19 rapid pcr will pick up the other corona viruses. How many positives have we seen with no symptoms or cold like symptoms?
Flawed device flawed outcome.

Interesting that even the inventor of the PCR test doesn't think it should be used in this manner:

So to start, it is very remarkable that Kary Mullis himself, the inventor of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technology, did not think alike. His invention got him the Nobel prize in chemistry in 1993.

Unfortunately, Mullis passed away last year at the age of 74, but there is no doubt that the biochemist regarded the PCR as inappropriate to detect a viral infection.

COVID19 PCR Tests are Scientifically Meaningless

As I said earlier, I don't know how accurate this test is but I do know that there are serious questions about its accuracy so is it sound to base so much of public policy on its results? We're basing who goes to work on this test. We're basing what businesses stay open, whether we play football games etc etc. Is that proper to base so much of society on a test that we don't even know how accurate it is? Do we really have this many (80%?) asymptomatic cases? I doubt it

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

No way to accurately track that sort of thing but it's happening. My 90 yr old mother in law, whom we saw for Thanksgiving, still living on her own in her home of 60 yrs; had clearly declined mentally over the past 6 mos. The decline was clear. She misses her bridge games, her trips to the symphony and dinners out with her friends. This is real

Interesting that even the inventor of the PCR test doesn't think it should be used in this manner:

COVID19 PCR Tests are Scientifically Meaningless

As I said earlier, I don't know how accurate this test is but I do know that there are serious questions about its accuracy so is it sound to base so much of public policy on its results? We're basing who goes to work on this test. We're basing what businesses stay open, whether we play football games etc etc. Is that proper to base so much of society on a test that we don't even know how accurate it is? Do we really have this many (80%?) asymptomatic cases? I doubt it

This one from the article is a real eye opener:

Faith in Quick Test Leads to Epidemic That Wasn’t (Published 2007)

My Mom lived alone and she was nervous every time I came over. She wanted the contact, but with me working at Walmart, I had to keep my distance and limit my visits.
She passed away peacefully in her sleep, but she was lonely and fearful of getting sick. Had she not passed in May, I don’t think she would have done well at all when I was sick recently.
The irrational fear being spread by the media and some government officials is almost criminal.
I have seen people feel guilty like they broke a law or actually hurt someone because they were positive. I know my parents felt that way for a while. The media has us looking at every positive as a Tphyoid Mary.

No way that doesnt effect people's outlook and wellbeing.

Medical types in here, how do these PCR tests work. I know they multiply the virus a certain number of times. But is it purely targeted at Covid? Or would it also multiply any disease we have?

Reason I am asking is I know we are all carriers of a bunch of stuff. And I am wondering if there is an accurate way to tell what we are "most" infected with.

For instance the Covid count is 400 but flu count is 1000, rhino virus 800 etc etc.

Would these tests do that?

To be fair, there is no way to track a lot of things like this, covid or not. For instance, there is no real way to track the precise connection between coal fired power plants in Appalachia and the high rate of adult-onset asthma in the fallout zones... but the correlation is there.

Last edited:
To be fair, there is no way to track a lot of things like this, covid or not. For instance, there is no real way to track the connection between coal fired power plants in Appalachia and the high rate of adult-onset asthma in the fallout zones... but the correlation is there.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back