Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I believe I included political .

You did include politics. I pointed up that it was the Trump admin and by personnel with no CDC experienced who caused the CDC to revoke its earlier published guidelines and amend them to Trumps political wishes

And then there is the fact that some with stated CDC experience speak against the CDC to advance their own political narrative a trait they state they detest in others. Maybe the are who they hate?

You did include politics. I pointed up that it was the Trump admin and by personnel with no CDC experienced who caused the CDC to revoke its earlier published guidelines and amend them to Trumps political wishes

And then there is the fact that some with stated CDC experience speak against the CDC to advance their own political narrative a trait they state they detest in others. Maybe the are who they hate?
Why would the CDC do that? Bow to political pressure?

You need to ask them why they did that. My guess is the Chairman didn’t want the vindictive Trump firing him
if the CDC bows to political pressure from the right, it stands to reason it would bow to pressure from the left. Maybe Pelosi put pressure from the other direction, threatening to withhold funding unless they published results that fit the anti-Trump narrative.

A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19

Article has been retracted because it contradicts the reported 300,000 excess deaths reported by CDC. Except as far as I’ve seen, there is no data available to the public to verify that number

I wonder who is correct???

Quote from JHU regarding the retraction:
“Briand was quoted in the article as saying, ‘All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers.’ This claim is incorrect and does not take into account the spike in raw death count from all causes compared to previous years. According to the CDC, there have been almost 300,000 excess deaths due to COVID-19. Additionally, Briand presented data of total U.S. deaths in comparison to COVID-19-related deaths as a proportion percentage, which trivializes the repercussions of the pandemic. This evidence does not disprove the severity of COVID-19; an increase in excess deaths is not represented in these proportionalities because they are offered as percentages, not raw numbers.”

Quote from actual researcher:
In other words, the effect of COVID-19 on deaths in the U.S. is considered problematic only when it increases the total number of deaths or the true death burden by a significant amount in addition to the expected deaths by other causes. Since the crude number of total deaths by all causes before and after COVID-19 has stayed the same, one can hardly say, in Briand’s view, that COVID-19 deaths are concerning.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19

Article has been retracted because it contradicts the reported 300,000 excess deaths reported by CDC. Except as far as I’ve seen, there is no data available to the public to verify that number
They retracted the article for a valid reason, unless they are gaming the excess death total. Which I have to wonder. Outside this board or cousins of relatives, I don't know anybody who has been actually sick from it, much less die. I don't think it's a hoax, but I do wonder if the numbers are being gamed.

if the CDC bows to political pressure from the right, it stands to reason it would bow to pressure from the left. Maybe Pelosi put pressure from the other direction, threatening to withhold funding unless they published results that fit the anti-Trump narrative.

And in the end Trump lost the election night. Trump is a loser. Bigly

They retracted the article for a valid reason, unless they are gaming the excess death total. Which I have to wonder. Outside this board or cousins of relatives, I don't know anybody who has been actually sick from it, much less die. I don't think it's a hoax, but I do wonder if the numbers are being gamed.

Agree with tour last comment wholeheartedly.

She seems to have reported monthly raw death data in her graphs, so I’m not exactly sure how the retraction statement addresses that.

Agree with tour last comment wholeheartedly.

She seems to have reported monthly raw death data in her graphs, so I’m not exactly sure how the retraction statement addresses that.
If she's only looking at percent of deaths by cause, then with an increase in the total deaths, the percentages will go down. Her whole arguments hinge on total deaths not actually being increased. The CDC claims they are. But it looks like they set their baseline low, imo. There's a clear trend that total deaths is increasing over the last 5 years, 30k to 50k a year. Yet the CDC set their baseline lower. I would expect as boomers age and immigration, etc. that total deaths would naturally increase.

Do we do what the scientists say now? Or what they said six months ago? Or what they are going to say 6 months from now?

Because clearly the scientists now are more right than the old scientists, so we were dumb back them.

Because we shouldnt be doing what the experts say right now, like decreasing quarantine time to keep people safe? What happened to if it saves one life? Surely there is a one life difference somewhere in that shorter quarantine.

If we are smart to do what they say now then that means they finally have this figured out right? And we can come out of hiding? Or do we need to stay in hiding because the experts dont know what they are talking about. Which makes them not experts if they dont know what they are doing.

The whole thing seems like we shouldnt be forced to listen if they dont actually know anything.
Exactly. Just say it’s a suggestion based on what we know now. Dont try to sell it as the only solution and refuse to acknowledge missteps.

Moved in right next to your mom

J/k

The scientific method says to follow the evidence as it develops. That's science. It's a process. As the process unfolds and new facts are discovered, the hypothesis is changed.
Welcome to middle school science class.
So for those of us who are past middle school science, some here have graduated with various medical degrees, we can just skip all the stuff we knew was wrong from the start?

I dont remember in the history of ever national policy being set on such unfounded "scientific" research. Or people being jailed for not following "expert" advice. Sounds down right anti American.

And since the COVID began things that have been put out by the CDC have been overruled by people with zero experience within the Trump administration. If posts on this forum were reduced to only those posts based on first hand knowledge of the poster there would be damn few posts

Rather than double post more of your generalities, copy/paste what you're referring to and we can discuss. Until you do that, your posts are nothing but bilge

VN Store

Back