Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

immunization is the best course of action. Achieving herd immunity naturally would decimate the world.
you do know that even with Covid the world's population, and the US for that matter, is still GROWING.

The US alone has 4 million births a YEAR.

This is more fear pushing nonsense based on pure nonsense.

Covid has AT worst decreased our population GROWTH by 5% of whatever it normally is. That's not a negative 5% that's 5% less than what the normal growth rate is.

That's not decimating, it's a statistical anomaly we wont notice in a decade. I swear you corona bros are so uneducated it's amazing you even open your mouths.

Your numbers are made up
How are my numbers made up? The population is accurate (roughly 330 million). Most things I've seen say herd immunity is obtained when there's about 70% infection rate (some highly contagious diseases like measles require a higher threshold in the 90s). Until you have herd immunity, spread will still happen (assuming we go on living as freedumb loving Americans). And then the 1% death rate was provided by the person I was responding to. Put those numbers together you get 2.3 million deaths before herd immunity is obtained.

How are my numbers made up? The population is accurate (roughly 330 million). Most things I've seen say herd immunity is obtained when there's about 70% infection rate (some highly contagious diseases like measles require a higher threshold in the 90s). Until you have herd immunity, spread will still happen (assuming we go on living as freedumb loving Americans). And then the 1% death rate was provided by the person I was responding to. Put those numbers together you get 2.3 million deaths before herd immunity is obtained.

What do the scientists say? Do they agree that without a vaccine, 2.3 million Americans are going to die?

Because they don't add up. If you look at the places reaching herd immunity then you either need a much lower % or the death rate is significantly lower. You can't use both numbers simultaneously

Like it did in Sweden, New York, and Italy?
So if you believe herd immunity has been obtained in nyc, do you believe there will be no second wave in NYC this fall? Or, as a weaker proposition, that it will only occur in certain neighborhoods (Corona in queens has an over 50% antibody positivity rate, Tribeca and some of the whiter enclaves are in the low teens)? And how do you explain Corona having a 50% antibody rate if herd immunity is obtained at a lower threshold? (Serious question, not asking in my typical smartass way)

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back