Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

No I certainly don't want that person to kill themselves. But there's a large portion of our populace that has the luxury of sitting on their ass at home and getting either a paycheck or unemployment(I'm one of them). And they seem to think everyone else should do the same. It's so myopic as to be absurd. Why don't you lay those bricks or run that plumbing from your computer? They think nothing of the people at the grocery store or distribution center working to get them things, those people apparently don't exist. But if you want to keep your business alive by actually being open they want you to know how many grandmas you're killing by being "selfish". I fail to see how providing for your family and employees is being selfish. Again we've completely lost our compass with this quantity over quality thing. We will let millions languish and cause them immeasurable stress and pain so we lower the risk meemaw dies a week early by 5%. It's also the insanity of "if you do things old people die", as if there is some binary connection between eat at a restaurant and killing an old person somewhere.
There are plenty of businesses that are open around me....there are some that have closed. I think the disconnect that people have is with Anti-_______. Like we still go out to eat, but we get take out. We still tip. But I have had HVAC work done. Everyone wears a mask. But it is give and take.

All I keep hearing people saying is that companies are begging people to work. If it was me, if I had to work a job at lowes and a job at McDonalds, I would do that until something else came up. I mean to not see my kids grow up.
because someone who's spent their life building a business should just accept mcdonald's

You know what else could have been done? Don't collapse the economy by being stupid.

There are plenty of businesses that are open around me....there are some that have closed. I think the disconnect that people have is with Anti-_______. Like we still go out to eat, but we get take out. We still tip. But I have had HVAC work done. Everyone wears a mask. But it is give and take.
Hvac is listed as essential

Walmart’s bathrooms are open but their dressing rooms are not. You can go out to eat with your family but your family is not allowed to go to your doctor appointment. You must wear a mask while walking into a restaurant but you’re allowed to take it off once you get seated. You may have a visitor at the hospital but your husband can’t go to your ultrasound appointment. You must put your money in a cup at the drive through but the cashiers then also touch the same money as well as your bag of food and hands it back. This world is weird right now y’all. I’m so confused

Walmart’s bathrooms are open but their dressing rooms are not. You can go out to eat with your family but your family is not allowed to go to your doctor appointment. You must wear a mask while walking into a restaurant but you’re allowed to take it off once you get seated. You may have a visitor at the hospital but your husband can’t go to your ultrasound appointment. You must put your money in a cup at the drive through but the cashiers then also touch the same money as well as your bag of food and hands it back. This world is weird right now y’all. I’m so confused

The comedy in watching people perform in a way that they believe is mitigating spread is endless.

The best is watching the fanatics and seeing how stupidly they handle items and people.

Reactions: McDad and kiddiedoc
Another poor take. Especially being unaware of any circumstances, and trying to broad-brush things.

And we're supposed to believe we're the 'immoral' ones. Yikes.

Hey man, if your business goes bankrupt just go out and start another one. Banks will be lining up to loan you capital.

Reactions: McDad
WRT Biden's new version of a national mask mandate, if you listen to his example it's where some specific states are having issues. IOW, he's not claiming power for a national mandate, instead he's arguing he can force an individual state to implement a mask mandate. Seems even crazier to me.

Of course he makes no mention of enforcement by the Feds to impose this. I remember when our resident TDS'rs and Coronabros lost their minds when Trump suggested forcing schools to open by withholding Fed funds. How exactly do they think Biden would force his state by state mask mandate? Absolute power okay for Team Blue I reckon.

WRT Biden's new version of a national mask mandate, if you listen to his example it's where some specific states are having issues. IOW, he's not claiming power for a national mandate, instead he's arguing he can force an individual state to implement a mask mandate. Seems even crazier to me.

Of course he makes no mention of enforcement by the Feds to impose this. I remember when our resident TDS'rs and Coronabros lost their minds when Trump suggested forcing schools to open by withholding Fed funds. How exactly do they think Biden would force his state by state mask mandate? Absolute power okay for Team Blue I reckon.

I mean that's been it the whole time. Leftists are more than OK with whatever- rape, abuse, degrading of women, power-trips, racism, name it- as long as it's 'their team'. It is 100% why I stopped voting anything blue about five years ago.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Hey man, if your business goes bankrupt just go out and start another one. Banks will be lining up to loan you capital.

If it's that simple for him to tell me and other business owners that, then I should be able to tell blm'ers to just go out and find a job and get a life and stop complaining about systemic oppression. There's more evidence of oppression of business owners right now than of anybody involved with blm and it ain't even close.

Reminds me of the protests are okay but attending religious services are not. Both are 1st Amendment based rights. The argument is you can find "other ways" to practice your religion without attending services - well you can also find "other ways" to protest without gathering in a giant group.

It's all Royal Decree - I deem these activities worthy and these are forbidden. My Alchemist hath shown me the data.

because someone who's spent their life building a business should just accept mcdonald's

You know what else could have been done? Don't collapse the economy by being stupid.
So McDonald's is worse than death? I mean the food is crappy....but there is always tomorrow to rebuild.

who uses the bathroom at walmart?

depends on the official in charge - that's kind of the point.

We've seen gyms for private citizens be deemed non essential while gyms for government employees deemed essential (as one example)

Walmart/Target/mall clothing stores = essential.

Local boutique=not essential.

Definite elements of the 'corporatism' the left screams about hating, yet they gobble it right on up when Dems push it.

And further more.

"Trump is garbage, the worst president in the history of ever, but he should have went into full dictator mode on covid and take control of everything."

The comedy in watching people perform in a way that they believe is mitigating spread is endless.

The best is watching the fanatics and seeing how stupidly they handle items and people.
Yep we are up to 50 people now and every single person in the building is masked up

VN Store

Back