Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Your problem is you value quantity of life over quality. If a 40 year old business owner loses his company and the ability to feed his family, gets depressed, starts drinking, gets violent with his family, etc., you'll take that over an 87 year old with COPD and diabetes dying 3 months early. It's bananas.

It shouldn't even have to come to this. One side is asking that people worry about/take responsibility for their own lives, while the other is demanding that everyone adjust their existence to suit the needs of the few. At some point, people terrified of contracting COVID-19 either need to assume the minimal risk involved with continued participation in society or go to extreme lengths that inconvenience only themselves as opposed to forcing everyone to bear their burden.

Reactions: McDad and ButchPlz
Your problem is you value quantity of life over quality. If a 40 year old business owner loses his company and the ability to feed his family, gets depressed, starts drinking, gets violent with his family, etc., you'll take that over an 87 year old with COPD and diabetes dying 3 months early. It's bananas.
so you want the 40 year old to kill himself? Is that your argument? Because that is what we are talking about, suicide.
If the 40 year old is able bodied, shouldn't he get a job? I mean I can give him a pair of my bootstraps. He is able to work. Adversity is part of life. Roll with the punches and keep moving forward.
That 87 year old means something to someone. Every life is precious, right?

It shouldn't even have to come to this. One side is asking that people worry about/take responsibility for their own lives, while the other is demanding that everyone adjust their existence to suit the needs of the few. At some point, people terrified of contracting COVID-19 either need to assume the minimal risk involved with continued participation in society or go to extreme lengths that inconvenience only themselves as opposed to forcing everyone to bear their burden.
I mean, we were talking about suicide.....so I don't know what that has to do with suicide.

so you want the 40 year old to kill himself? Is that your argument? Because that is what we are talking about, suicide.
If the 40 year old is able bodied, shouldn't he get a job? I mean I can give him a pair of my bootstraps. He is able to work. Adversity is part of life. Roll with the punches and keep moving forward.
Get a job? Have you noticed the new job market is a little tight these days?

Such lockdowns should last six to eight weeks with a goal of reaching no more than one new case per day per 100,000 people. This low rate is necessary for testing and contact tracing to have any meaningful effect. Once that rate is achieved, however, local officials will be able to adjust lockdown measures more accurately and with the flexibility the pandemic demands. If the White House and federal government will not lead, which is unfortunately likely under the current administration, the governors of each state, in coordination with their neighboring states, must take the initiative themselves. Some might think this is unrealistic, but New York has been able to maintain this low rate of new infections for the past three months.

Stringent lockdowns, of course, would depend on the continued labor of essential workers, a category we estimate to be no more than 35 percent of the workforce and possibly less. What about other workers? As part of its broader anti-COVID-19 strategy, the federal and state governments should compensate both individual workers and small businesses that suffer substantial or irreparable economic loss as a result of lockdowns.

4fc8b2f06bb3f7b832000001

No I certainly don't want that person to kill themselves. But there's a large portion of our populace that has the luxury of sitting on their ass at home and getting either a paycheck or unemployment(I'm one of them). And they seem to think everyone else should do the same. It's so myopic as to be absurd. Why don't you lay those bricks or run that plumbing from your computer? They think nothing of the people at the grocery store or distribution center working to get them things, those people apparently don't exist. But if you want to keep your business alive by actually being open they want you to know how many grandmas you're killing by being "selfish". I fail to see how providing for your family and employees is being selfish. Again we've completely lost our compass with this quantity over quality thing. We will let millions languish and cause them immeasurable stress and pain so we lower the risk meemaw dies a week early by 5%. It's also the insanity of "if you do things old people die", as if there is some binary connection between eat at a restaurant and killing an old person somewhere.

Get a job? Have you noticed the new job market is a little tight these days?
All I keep hearing people saying is that companies are begging people to work. If it was me, if I had to work a job at lowes and a job at McDonalds, I would do that until something else came up. I mean to not see my kids grow up.

VN Store

Back