Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Wtf? He isnt a scientist. How dare he.
he is giving factual information. people can't safely work in the middle of a pandemic. You can't pick and choose whom you listen too (you actually can) however I will listen to experts. Epidemiologist have been saying to wear a mask. Some people refuse to wear a mask because wearing a mask is oppression.
With that said, I can almost certainly say that anyone who thinks that wearing a mask is oppression, has never truly been oppressed. If the worst thing to happen in your life is wearing a mask, you are having a pretty good life.

Reactions: AM64
he is giving factual information. people can't safely work in the middle of a pandemic. You can't pick and choose whom you listen too (you actually can) however I will listen to experts. Epidemiologist have been saying to wear a mask. Some people refuse to wear a mask because wearing a mask is oppression.
With that said, I can almost certainly say that anyone who thinks that wearing a mask is oppression, has never truly been oppressed. If the worst thing to happen in your life is wearing a mask, you are having a pretty good life.

Is he?

Who has stricter mandates on masks? Sweden, California, New York?

Who has a more open economy right now? Sweden, California, or New York?

Also, wtf do you mean people cant safely work in a pandemic? My wife and I both work and have missed a grand total of 8 days during the pandemic.

I'm seeing the US is now past 200k deaths.

I remember when folks mocked the models in the spring that had us losing 160k

The overwhelming majority of Americans have a good life and need to remember that. It can be worse...a lot worse. Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Does she really? Because Kayleigh McEnany was also asked last week if Donald Trump was correct for playing down the virus. Her response was, "The president didn't downplay the virus,". Of course, on Woodward's tapes, Trump is specifically heard saying that he did play down the virus. McEnany does a lot of gaslighting.
Actually Trump stated he was not wanting to create a panic when he sought to downplay or temper the effect it would have on the economy and public perception. . In reality Trump did not downplay the virus. He banned travel from China much to the chagrin of the left. He declared a National Emergency early on. The expected cases and death count possibilities were represented almost daily in the Covid task force briefings in which Trump was present many times. He endorsed closing down segments of the economy on the advice of the scientific community. At no time was the public in the dark of the seriousness of Covid’s effect in our way of life. Trump could have expressed himself better in the Woodward interviews but to state he lied to the American public is just election year politics and inaccurate.

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and AM64
Is he?

Who has stricter mandates on masks? Sweden, California, New York?

Who has a more open economy right now? Sweden, California, or New York?

Also, wtf do you mean people cant safely work in a pandemic? My wife and I both work and have missed a grand total of 8 days during the pandemic.
Some places are not open to full capacity. I mean I have not missed any days during the pandemic either, but I work from home. My wife works from home, kids do learning from home. But healthcare workers are at greater risk treating Covid because masks are a form of oppression.

People keep throwing Sweden out. No one is ready for the amount of death that the US would have to endure to achieve herd "mentality". Do you know how many people would need to be infected with the virus before that is achieved?

We can all agree that a mask is not oppressive....just like a seat belt or helmet. It is for safety.

We better think a new strategy cause if this thing mutates it aint ever going way and I aint gonna wear a mask the rest of my life. In fact calling on account I touch my face more than I would ever without.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Some places are not open to full capacity. I mean I have not missed any days during the pandemic either, but I work from home. My wife works from home, kids do learning from home. But healthcare workers are at greater risk treating Covid because masks are a form of oppression.

People keep throwing Sweden out. No one is ready for the amount of death that the US would have to endure to achieve herd "mentality". Do you know how many people would need to be infected with the virus before that is achieved?
I am pretty sure their deaths per million was within 10 of ours. Like 530 something to 540 something. So I think we would "handle" that amount of death just fine.

Reactions: allvol123

We dont work from home.

The US and Sweden are already in the same range in terms of deaths per million. So evidently we can endure. Many just stupidly interpreted elongating this process as a better outcome. It wasnt.

Again, his tweet was incorrect. Masks are not required to get the economy reopened. Just people with resiliency and common sense.

We dont work from home.

The US and Sweden are already in the same range in terms of deaths per million. So evidently we can endure. Many just stupidly interpreted elongating this process as a better outcome. It wasnt.

Again, his tweet was incorrect. Masks are not required to get the economy reopened. Just people with resiliency and common sense.
Again, there are neither in the US. You've got an entire segment of the population that believe that children are being killed so that their blood can be drank.

Again, there are neither in the US. You've got an entire segment of the population that believe that children are being killed so that their blood can be drank.

That’s nothing we have an entire segment that thinks black , white and Hispanic cops are running around killing black people because of race . 🤷‍♂️

Actually Trump stated he was not wanting to create a panic when he sought to downplay or temper the effect it would have on the economy and public perception. . In reality Trump did not downplay the virus. He banned travel from China much to the chagrin of the left. He declared a National Emergency early on. The expected cases and death count possibilities were represented almost daily in the Covid task force briefings in which Trump was present many times. He endorsed closing down segments of the economy on the advice of the scientific community. At no time was the public in the dark of the seriousness of Covid’s effect in our way of life. Trump could have expressed himself better in the Woodward interviews but to state he lied to the American public is just election year politics and inaccurate.
In reality, Trump did downplay the virus and specifically admitted to doing so during a recorded interview. You have spin. I have a recorded conversation and Trump's exact words.

Reactions: Septic

VN Store

Back