Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

You presume a great deal. For starters, studies suggest that immunity granted by the virus is temporary. Also, your herd immunity advocacy was blown out of the water by Fauci yesterday.

"...If the United States allowed coronavirus infections to run rampant to achieve possible herd immunity, the death toll would be massive especially among vulnerable people, the nation's top infectious doctor said.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, explained the risks during a live Instagram session with actor Matthew McConaughey.

"If everyone contracted it, even with the relatively high percentage of people without symptoms ... a lot of people are going to die," Fauci said.

"You look at the United States of America with our epidemic of obesity as it were. With the number of people with hypertension. With the number of people with diabetes. If everyone got infected, the death toll would be enormous and totally unacceptable," he said.

In total fairness, I think he advocates herd immunity but with isolation of at-risk people.

"You look at the United States of America with our epidemic of obesity as it were. With the number of people with hypertension. With the number of people with diabetes. If everyone got infected, the death toll would be enormous and totally unacceptable," he said.
You'd think a dr might advocate getting healthy to boost immunity instead of accepting and hiding. He's listing issues that can be addressed by the individual if they choose. Also include things like vit c, vit d, zinc, etc instead of believing the magic inoculation is coming to save everyone

You presume a great deal. For starters, studies suggest that immunity granted by the virus is temporary. Also, your herd immunity advocacy was blown out of the water by Fauci yesterday.

"...If the United States allowed coronavirus infections to run rampant to achieve possible herd immunity, the death toll would be massive especially among vulnerable people, the nation's top infectious doctor said.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, explained the risks during a live Instagram session with actor Matthew McConaughey.

"If everyone contracted it, even with the relatively high percentage of people without symptoms ... a lot of people are going to die," Fauci said.

Your first paragraph is incorrect. There's nothing to suggest that immunity will not last after natural infection. Studies have clearly demonstrated both SARS-Cov-2 specific antibodies and the long-lasting CD4 and CD8 T cell response after infection.

The rest is nonsense, because "everyone" is not going to contract the virus. Only the susceptible minority needs to be exposed, while protecting the at-risk population.

Last edited:
You'd think a dr might advocate getting healthy to boost immunity instead of accepting and hiding. He's listing issues that can be addressed by the individual if they choose. Also include things like vit c, vit d, zinc, etc instead of believing the magic inoculation is coming to save everyone
This is a really good point.

Your first paragraph is incorrect. There's nothing to suggest that immunity will not last after natural infection.

The rest is nonsense, because "everyone" is not going to contract the virus. Only the susceptible minority needs to be exposed, while protecting the at-risk population.

Wrong.

Per the CDC:

"The immune response, including duration of immunity, to SARS-CoV-2 infection is not yet understood. Patients infected with other betacoronaviruses (MERS-CoV, HCoV-OC43), the genus to which SARS-CoV-2 belongs, are unlikely to be re-infected shortly (e.g., 3 months or more) after they recover. However, more information is needed to know whether similar immune protection will be observed for patients with COVID-19 "

Per the UMMS:

"...Even more importantly, there is currently no evidence to suggest that people are immune after recovering from coronavirus. Even if novel coronavirus infection imparted immunity, that immunity could be short-lived and last only a few weeks or months. This would leave people vulnerable to reinfection later. "

Covid-19 immunity from antibodies may last only months, UK study suggests

Chinese study: Antibodies in COVID-19 patients fade quickly

You mean destroy the economy?

Pure chicken and egg theorization. You can't stop transmission of an extremely contagious virus without reducing human interaction.

The end.

People want a simple solution to a complex problem. The bottom line is it's a giant sh*t sammich, and we're all gonna take a bite.

Reactions: FïreBall
I don’t bet with my heart at all.... I have found that the smaller the teams the easier it is to win money as well.
I always found it easier to win earlier in the season. There were certain teams that I’d avoid because they were so schizo and I tried to avoid betting on UT since it was harder to be objective although I got pulled in a few times.

Pure chicken and egg theorization. You can't stop transmission of an extremely contagious virus without reducing human interaction.

The end.

People want a simple solution to a complex problem. The bottom line is it's a giant sh*t sammich, and we're all gonna take a bite.
Who says I don't want the transmission to reach 80% and give us all natural immunity?

On the herd immunity idea, and it pote tially only lasting so long. Wouldnt exposure reset that clock?

Immunity doesnt mean it cant get into your body. It just means your body can fight it off without you showing symptoms or maybe spreading(?).

Wouldnt reexposure afterwards get your immune system going again? Or does it just produce the needed cells once, and just rides them out?

Wrong.

Per the CDC:

"The immune response, including duration of immunity, to SARS-CoV-2 infection is not yet understood. Patients infected with other betacoronaviruses (MERS-CoV, HCoV-OC43), the genus to which SARS-CoV-2 belongs, are unlikely to be re-infected shortly (e.g., 3 months or more) after they recover. However, more information is needed to know whether similar immune protection will be observed for patients with COVID-19 "

Per the UMMS:

"...Even more importantly, there is currently no evidence to suggest that people are immune after recovering from coronavirus. Even if novel coronavirus infection imparted immunity, that immunity could be short-lived and last only a few weeks or months. This would leave people vulnerable to reinfection later. "

Covid-19 immunity from antibodies may last only months, UK study suggests

Chinese study: Antibodies in COVID-19 patients fade quickly

Repeatedly posting the same ignorant points dont make the point less ignorant.

StarRaider Witch Doctor hope she is ok. I have had some lung issues since, going to see a Heart and Lung Doc in a couple weeks. Cant breathe during exercise. Witch Doctor say SURELY its not the bales of Magic herb over the years? lol Prayers!

Bones Never Lie.

( Witch Doctor can never get this insert quote thingy to work ?)

The end.

Hoe do you think the Spanish flu symptoms ended.... it ran its way through the community and it died out.

VN Store

Back