Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

One of you posted something about St Joseph's low dose (81mg) aspirin if one couldn't get hydroxycloriquine...will you please repost that information?

Seems like since those under 18 are assumed to be more likely safe as asymptomatic, that they would be tested less. But I suppose they would be more likely to be tested if they had any symptoms at all.

anyway, found this (from June):

A new report by the Florida Department of Health shows less than 5% of the Floridians who tested positive for the novel coronavirus were under the age of 18.

But that younger age group tested positive at almost twice the rate as the state as a whole, according to FDOH's new pediatric COVID-19 case report released June 12.

Statewide, 3,407 residents under age 18 have tested positive, or 9.2% of the 37,211 tested, compared with the overall 5% positive results (73,650) among Florida's residents who have tested for the virus. Including non-residents, 75,568 people have tested positive, or 5% of the 1.4 million tested.

Young Floridians test positive for coronavirus at almost twice the rate
There is a lot of contact testing without symptoms going on in regards to just businesses alone here. Im not sure what FL is doing but I doubt its much different.
I know one guy that has been contacted tested 4 times (all neg) and he said with the exception of one none of them were really direct but rules and regs. forced him to get tested because of the slight possibility. You would think that is occurring a lot less with the 0-18 crowd then those in the workforce.

0-18 age group in FL is roughly 20% of the population. My math is sketchy at times, according to those number that group only consists of about 3% of the total tests. My theory is their higher number is based on the idea that they are not testing very often over contact but rather symptoms and that is skewing the positive percentage.

Reactions: TennTradition
There is a lot of contact testing without symptoms going on in regards to just businesses alone here. Im not sure what FL is doing but I doubt its much different.
I know one guy that has been contacted tested 4 times (all neg) and he said with the exception of one none of them were really direct but rules and regs. forced him to get tested because of the slight possibility. You would think that is occurring a lot less with the 0-18 crowd then those in the workforce.

0-18 age group in FL is roughly 20% of the population. My math is sketchy at times, according to those number that group only consists of about 3% of the total tests. My theory is their higher number is based on the idea that they are not testing very often over contact but rather symptoms and that is skewing the positive percentage.

Yeah, testing has not been an elegant ballet, but I'm sure the data is there, one way or another. School openings should shine some light on this, and offer more useful information. Most people agree the risks are minimal, anyway.

This crazy guy. How dare he take some FDA approved relatively safe drug in order to fight off a virus for which there are no real alternatives.

It is as if he and his medical doctor discussed this in private and hatched this crazy plan.
Agree. Some nuts on Twitter are telling him that they hope he has a good heart and kidneys because he must get it checked after taking it. The morons do not know that the dose is low and only for a short time and not for several months as in those cases like Lupas, etc. Many meds require liver function and kidney function tests if taken for long periods of time as in Statin Drugs. These people are stupid.

Reactions: allvol123

VN Store

Back