Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The George Floyd protests started May 26th and spread across the country in the following days. On May 29th the rolling average reaches its lowest point in two months and does not go below this going forward. The sustained climb in the 7 day rolling average begins around June 10th, roughly 14 days after the protests started.
1594055880584.png
Probably just a coincidence tho.

Because there is no such "theory" that a virus "miraculously goes away" in the spring, without a vaccine. Trump was talking out of his butt. There is nothing wrong with hyperbole when talking about the economy, but when you are discussing a health care crisis, it's inappropriate and dumb.
This virus doesn’t disappear with a vaccine either. Look at the flu.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
The high for nationwide hospitalized was on April 15th at around 60k, yesterday it was around 37k...btw yesterday was also our highest testing day at 721k tests...a tad below the 20 million projected to be hospitalized originally View attachment 290491
Hell, I saw some people claiming 70%+ of the country would be infected. Of course the idea was to then have people follow the logic to deaths being the 6 or 7% rate it was at the time to help further panic.

Reactions: tennvols77
I get that however the vaccine isn't always effective. We have reliable ways of treating covid but apparently the media didn't like those now did they?

Where has the media complained about the treatment of COVID? The only thing I've seen is a story about the high costs of remdesivir, which is the only FDA approved treatment.

That's an interesting spin on positive cases.
There is a lot in that tweet that doesnt make sense to me if I read it as all one thought.

1. More testing but fewer cases.

2. We only know if the virus is under control if we dont get more positives.

3. Testing stops the spread?

I think part of it is wording that makes it difficult for me to understand. Part of it also flow/punctuation. I feel like if one of the periods and comas had flipped it would make sense.

There is a lot in that tweet that doesnt make sense to me if I read it as all one thought.

I think part of it is wording that makes it difficult for me to understand. Part of it also flow/punctuation. I feel like if one of the periods and comas had flipped it would make sense.

You seriously don't understand why testing would help stop the spread of the virus?

Really?

You seriously don't understand why testing would help stop the spread of the virus?

Really?

You seriously dont get how stupid it is to brag on your test results after you've already piled up the most deaths and likely infections(confirmed and unconfirmed) in the world.

Really?
Nope/yup.
Flu testing doesnt stop the flu.

If he had said some type of contact tracking/control program that would make sense.

Testing in and of itself is only useful to the staticians.

Knowing how many points the opposing team has doesnt help the home teams defense during the game.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol

If he would have flipped that 3rd sentence around and left the last out, It would have made sense.
I'm no one to talk about grammar, I'm lazy here.

Nope/yup.
Flu testing doesnt stop the flu.

If he had said some type of contact tracking/control program that would make sense.

Testing in and of itself is only useful to the staticians.

Knowing how many points the opposing team has doesnt help the home teams defense during the game.

People who test positive self quarantine, or are asked to by employers. That reduces additional exposures, at least to some degree.

This is an example where the addage that knowledge is power is definitely true. But, it does not surprise me that a Trump supporter would express skepticism at knowledge. Trump does it every moment of every day. Ignorance is bliss for he and his followers.

Reactions: samanderson
If he would have flipped that 3rd sentence around and left the last out, It would have made sense.
I'm no one to talk about grammar, I'm lazy here.
As long as it's under standable I dont care about most of it. This was to the point where I am not quite sure what he is saying as far as if this is good or bad. Because it doesnt read as just delivering facts.

Lose/loose for some reason bothers the heck out of me though.

Reactions: GordonC
SIAP. I don’t like this trend emerging related to college football. The article talks about smaller money schools but this would at least cause scheduling issues for some P5 schools if it gets into Div 1 and I bet the P5 schools would follow suit out of fear. We should have football this fall but it won’t surprise me if we don’t. The NFL preseason normally would start in about 30 days and we’re less than 60 days from the start of college football.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
People who test positive self quarantine, or are asked to by employers. That reduces additional exposures, at least to some degree.

This is an example where the addage that knowledge is power is definitely true. But, it does not surprise me that a Trump supporter would express skepticism at knowledge. Trump does it every moment of every day. Ignorance is bliss for he and his followers.
Quarantining works. As would the contract tracking program.

Testing alone, for a group who thought Trump told people to drink fish tank cleaner and shove a bleached UV probe up their backside, falls well short of the mark.

SIAP. I don’t like this trend emerging related to college football. The article talks about smaller money schools but this would at least cause scheduling issues for some P5 schools if it gets into Div 1 and I bet the P5 schools would follow suit out of fear. We should have football this fall but it won’t surprise me if we don’t. The NFL preseason normally would start in about 30 days and we’re less than 60 days from the start of college football.
The NFL was wanting to cut down on preseason games before covid, now they got a reason. They were also wanting to cut down preseason rosters, it's all about saving money and nothing to do with Covid they're just hiding behind the virus because they're to chicken sh!t to do it on their own.

The NFL was wanting to cut down on preseason games before covid, now they got a reason. They were also wanting to cut down preseason rosters, it's all about saving money and nothing to do with Covid they're just hiding behind the virus because they're to chicken sh!t to do it on their own.
I never understood why NFL rosters are so small.

It's a 2 deep everywhere plus a couple spairs(triplicates?)

Reactions: Sea Ray and McDad

VN Store

Back