Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Wait...what? So the right has finally started playing the same games the left has played for years and y’all are mad about it.🤦‍♀️🤣

The what-aboutism is just exhausting. Nobody wants to address a valid point, they just want excuse themselves by pointing at something else. There is very little actual political discussion to be had around here.

Reactions: Dr Dread

the-truth.jpg

I'd rather die living than hiding. But that's just me.

Number one.... this isn't "hiding". If you think of it that way that's on you.

If you'd rather "die living" while contributing to the deaths of others....... You should make sure they put that on your headstone.

"Weezer.... He "died living" no matter how many people he killed while doing it....."

You may hate staying home......... It doesn't bother me.

How does the world hide itself from a microbe in the modern world? And I am skeptical of herd immunity

If you'd rather "die living" while contributing to the deaths of others....... You should make sure they put that on your headstone.

"Weezer.... He "died living" no matter how many people he killed while doing it....."

Getting a bit dramatic with that "no matter how many people he killed". I don't hold any carrier responsible for the deaths of others. That is just plain stupid. The virus does the killing. People just serve as unwitting hosts.

Reactions: allvol123

What is your personal benchmark as far as when you think things ought to open up?

And, no, this is not meant to be an argument. I’m genuinely interested in what people think about this.

I support your right to stay at home.

The what-aboutism is just exhausting. Nobody wants to address a valid point, they just want excuse themselves by pointing at something else. There is very little actual political discussion to be had around here.
I'll ask you the same thing I asked PT(that he/she never answered btw). If Biden gets elected, will you hold him to the same standards you hold Trump? If Biden gets elected and fails to turn around the economy, will you hold him responsible, or again, blame Trump?

"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." --Donald J. Trump

Man.... you're just not paying attention are you?

What else should you do? Just go about your business and cough on everyone you see?

I've said it before..... I'll say it again. This time I'll type slowly so you can understand.....

Staying home is the only thing you (or I, or anyone else for that matter) can do to help NOT spread this crap!!

There's NO treatment. There's NO vaccine.

Once we have those things it'll become what the flu is NOW. (Once again, there are treatments and vaccines for the flu). Once you've done what you can you have to accept what happens.

WE'RE NOT THERE YET!

Until we are this is the only thing we've got....... Quit being selfish and think of the whole instead of just yourself!!!!
You don't do well with decimals or percentages, do you?

Getting a bit dramatic with that "no matter how many people he killed". I don't hold any carrier responsible for the deaths of others. That is just plain stupid. The virus does the killing. People just serve as unwitting hosts.

Yeah, a little dramatic, but in this case not all that much.

But, as a carrier, if you could isolate yourself from others and don't?

What are you then?

The people that you gave it to, in this case, didn't make a conscious decision to "go get infected". You took that decision away from them when you willingly went out in public and exposed them, unwillingly, to it.

Kinda puts the onus on you to not do so, no?

I'm afraid I'm missing your point......

It seemed like he needed me to define what a "disease vector" is...... I simply pointed out that he could Google that.

Yes I’m the one who asked and I’m also the one you pointed it out to.

My point is you’ve told us in here several times that we don’t understand disease vectors. I’m now asking if you really think the people who you’re discussing with don’t realize the vector is human to human?

Yeah, a little dramatic, but in this case not all that much.

But, as a carrier, if you could isolate yourself from others and don't?

What are you then?

The people that you gave it to, in this case, didn't make a conscious decision to "go get infected". You took that decision away from them when you willingly went out in public and exposed them, unwillingly, to it.

Kinda puts the onus on you to not do so, no?
Or, they chose to put themselves at risk by going out in public. If you want to stay home, stay home. That doesn't mean everyone else wants to stay at home. You act as if there are no inherent risks in life. We are always at risk of some virus or germ killing us. We could also die in a freak car accident or have a piano fall out of the sky. **** happens and no one lives forever. That's called life. And I don't believe in constantly looking for someone else to blame. Sometimes things just are.

If you could stay home and not kill someone would you do it?

If you don't know for certainty either way, would you not take the safer option?

Or is it "everyone for themselves"?
I choose option #3 based on the miniscule percentages of dire effects to almost all of the population from the Wuhan Cold. Those within those miniscule populations should fend for themselves in isolation if they want to nearly eliminate all of their risk.

VN Store

Back