Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

This would be a great sentiment... if most on this board weren’t loyal to one man rather than the country, constitution, morals, or ideals.

Any time one of you mentions the Constitution, I LMAO! Modern-day Democrats are egregiously incompetent to the tenets of freedom.

Reactions: allvol123
My grandparents were sharecroppers and loggers . I wish I could hear you trying to explain why they needed to shelter in place , and not go outdoors . The look on your face after they got through telling you about how they had to grow up , and what all they made it through ...would have me rolling on the floor ..

NOBODY is saying you "can't go outdoors" (talk about strawmen, yikes).....

Learn about disease vectors before you start spouting off about what your grandparents would think of me. They sacrificed MUCH more than you're being asked to sacrifice.

If you don't think staying at home is helping to keep the thing under control here in TN then let's let 'er rip! The resulting deaths are on you.

I think it's a bit hypocritical for you to say you'll only be FaceTiming with your grandparents until you get a (I think you meant negative) antibody test (a positive antibody test means that you've had it but aren't necessarily infectious but could still be). But, you do realize that it only takes one contact with an infected individual to carry it to your grandparents, right? No matter how many negative antibody tests YOU got? One handshake with the wrong person and BANG your grandparents are infected.

Just stay at home....... It sucks but it's necessary right now. The damage won't last forever and isn't irreversible, y'know, unlike death.
Anyone in a susceptible population is welcome to fully isolate themselves from their friends, family, etc. that are not isolating. Why is their unwillingness to sacrifice for their health and safety being posed as my responsibility? You are trying to avoid difficult decisions and discomfort for those that choose to eliminate risk by spreading that discomfort to all.

Reactions: McDad

Learn about disease vectors before you start spouting off about what your grandparents would think of me. They sacrificed MUCH more than you're being asked to sacrifice.

I’ll stick with my previous post that you asking how many dearth’s are acceptable is just ignorant . Especially since we way over estimated and the models weren’t even close .

Conservative orthodoxy is rooted in federalism philosophies. Conservatives in the streets protesting the measures taken by governors to combat a global pandemic rather than protesting in D.C. against a president who claimed “absolute authority” tells me one thing: The Republican Party is no longer an idealogical entity, it’s a cult that betrays it’s founding ideals in favor of victory at any cost.

Wait...what? So the right has finally started playing the same games the left has played for years and y’all are mad about it.🤦‍♀️🤣

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I wouldn't be surprised if his grandparents felt this was an overblown reaction as well. Many elderly people want to enjoy the time they have left on Earth and not be forced to lock themselves up and hide. I think it's selfish to tell them they can't do that.

Don't know about you, my friend, but when death comes for me he'd better bring help. I'll be dogged if I'm going to go out and expose myself, voluntarily, to something that may shorten what little time I have left.

I'd rather be alive, at home, than willingly expose myself, just because, to something that might shuffle me off this mortal coil.

Y'all people that think staying at home is a bad thing absolutely floor me......

Three Words Not Mentioned in 1/14, 2/7, 2/14 Democratic Primary Debates; and Just Once – in Passing – on 2/25
Posted at 9:30 pm on April 19, 2020 by Elizabeth Vaughn

At Sunday night’s White House briefing, President Trump asked the group to guess what three words were not mentioned once during the first three Democratic Presidential Primary debates. The answer? Coronavirus, virus, COVID-19.

I found that fascinating given what’s become the Democrats’ mantra over the last month or so. ‘If the President had acted earlier, the situation wouldn’t be this grave.’

I went straight to Google and found an op-ed in Sunday’s Wall Street Journal written by former diplomat Dave Seminara, where the President had obviously learned this information.

Two days ago, Joe Biden tweeted, “Donald Trump is not responsible for COVID-19, but he is responsible for our slow, uncoordinated response. Experts say that if we had acted two weeks earlier, more lives could have been saved. Trump failed to take swift action—and we’re paying the price.”

For all of their concern and criticism of President Trump’s handling of the crisis, Seminara notes there was “no mention of the coronavirus at either the January 14 or the February 19 debates. At the February 7 debate, “Bernie Sanders and Amy Klobuchar mentioned China, but only in the context of climate change. Pete Buttigieg said: “The next president is going to face challenges from global health security, like what we’re seeing coming out of China,” but he didn’t frame this as an immediate danger.”

At the February 25 debate, Seminara writes:
Mr. Buttigieg was the first Democratic candidate to mention the coronavirus explicitly, on Feb. 25 in South Carolina. His only policy suggestions, if you can call them that, were for the president to “listen to scientists, listen to your own intelligence and coordinate with an international community that this president has alienated because his idea of a security strategy is a big wall.”

CBS’s Gayle King later queried the candidates about closing the border to Americans who’d been exposed to the virus. Ms. Klobuchar vaguely asserted that she would “better coordinate throughout my presidency to be ready for the next pandemic and to prepare for this one” and said she favored “investing in education” because “I know the vaccine is out there in the head of some kid right now in school.”

Mr. Biden rambled about Ebola and establishing an office in the White House to handle pandemics and spoke of increasing funding to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institutes of Health. Mr. Sanders said much the same. Tom Steyer briefly mentioned the coronavirus before declaring that “the biggest threat to America right now in terms of our safety of our citizens is climate.”​
During the March 15 debate, on the eve of the first week of our quarantine, many of the questions concerned the coronavirus. This was the first debate which included only Biden and Sanders.

One of the most remarkable observations Seminara made was this: At no point during any of the debates did a Democratic candidate suggest that the country should have been locked down or taken other social-distancing measures sooner.

Three Words Not Mentioned in 1/14, 2/7, 2/14 Democratic Primary Debates; and Just Once - in Passing - on 2/25

Let’s start with the basics: what is a “disease vector”?

Don't know about you, my friend, but when death comes for me he'd better bring help. I'll be dogged if I'm going to go out and expose myself, voluntarily, to something that may shorten what little time I have left.

I'd rather be alive, at home, than willingly expose myself, just because, to something that might shuffle me off this mortal coil.

Y'all people that think staying at home is a bad thing absolutely floor me......
I'd rather die living than hiding. But that's just me.

Man you have really drank the freak out cool aid on this. When do you think it’ll be safe to get back out? When there is 0% chance that you could get it or spread it? If so we may not see you until Q2 2021

Man.... you're just not paying attention are you?

What else should you do? Just go about your business and cough on everyone you see?

I've said it before..... I'll say it again. This time I'll type slowly so you can understand.....

Staying home is the only thing you (or I, or anyone else for that matter) can do to help NOT spread this crap!!

There's NO treatment. There's NO vaccine.

Once we have those things it'll become what the flu is NOW. (Once again, there are treatments and vaccines for the flu). Once you've done what you can you have to accept what happens.

WE'RE NOT THERE YET!

Until we are this is the only thing we've got....... Quit being selfish and think of the whole instead of just yourself!!!!

I'd rather die living than hiding. But that's just me.
Not to embarrass you but you are probably one of the more susceptible folks on the board. You, PurpleTiger, AshG, Oregon Duck dude...all yall have to be cautious.

Man.... you're just not paying attention are you?

What else should you do? Just go about your business and cough on everyone you see?

I've said it before..... I'll say it again. This time I'll type slowly so you can understand.....

Staying home is the only thing you (or I, or anyone else for that matter) can do to help NOT spread this crap!!

There's NO treatment. There's NO vaccine.

Once we have those things it'll become what the flu is NOW. (Once again, there are treatments and vaccines for the flu). Once you've done what you can you have to accept what happens.

WE'RE NOT THERE YET!

Until we are this is the only thing we've got....... Quit being selfish and think of the whole instead of just yourself!!!!

1587350667789.gif

Not to embarrass you but you are probably one of the more susceptible folks on the board. You, PurpleTiger, AshG, Oregon Duck dude...all yall have to be cautious.
Well aware of my risks, but I'm still of the mind whatever happens, happens. When I need groceries, I still go to the store. If I get hungry and don't feel like cooking, I'll still hit a drive-thru. You can't hide from the world. Not saying I want to catch this, but I see no point in living in fear. If you allow worry about what could happen rule your life, you'll miss out on a lot.

VN Store

Back