Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I have an appointment with my allergy doctor on Wednesday, and I am going to ask about if he knows where I can get the antibody test. I have had something off and on since before Labor Day, flu and strept tests negative, wife and I went to primary care doctor in September and both had bad infections mine in head hers in chest, and she was very sick for about two weeks before Christmas, mid-March felt like I'd been shot in the chest and out of breath, etc.
Hog said he had something last December (I think). My son had something in November. Work acquaintance had a nasty bug for 3 weeks in Jan. None of it was flu.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Maybe I made the decision to wear a mask. Maybe I stayed at home and had Amazon deliver my groceries. Maybe I decided that with no underlying health conditions and por ages that I would take the chance (just like I did when I decided to drive to the grocery store...let’s pretend I did it at saturday midnight).

Those are all legitimate answers. We live in a world fraught with risk that cannot be legislated away.

The mask is a legit defense (but not perfect), the Amazon driver may be asymptomatic (but a carrier), and that cashier you checked out with at midnight may be the same.

In all those cases you took it home no matter how "safe" you thought you were.

There are risks you have to accept but minimizing those risks is the smart thing to do. And sometimes you HAVE to legislate things because people just won't do the "smart" thing otherwise.

Letting people run around like nothing is going on is just silly....... And stupid.

Your grandparents (I'm assuming you're of a certain age) put up with MUCH more than this to protect the country. You're just being selfixh.

Anything to draw attention away from the matter at hand.
I just find it hilarious that some can't admit there is no real difference between the parties. Both lust for power, both use the same tactics, and neither give a **** about the common citizen or this country. Both just want to be in charge. Yet some vehemently defend one side while condemning the other. Some refuse to hold both sides to the same standards. Some people just enjoy being sheep. And that's just plain sad.

The mask is a legit defense (but not perfect), the Amazon driver may be asymptomatic (but a carrier), and that cashier you checked out with at midnight may be the same.

There are risks you have to accept but minimizing those risks is the smart thing to do. And sometimes you HAVE to legislate things because people just won't do the "smart" thing otherwise.

Letting people run around like nothing is going on is just silly....... And stupid.

Your grandparents (I'm assuming you're of a certain age) put up with MUCH more than this to protect the country. You're just being selfixh.

My grandparents were sharecroppers and loggers . I wish I could hear you trying to explain why they needed to shelter in place , and not go outdoors . The look on your face after they got through telling you about how they had to grow up , and what all they made it through ...would have me rolling on the floor ..

New York Times Stealth Edits Article Blaming Sean Hannity for Man’s Death from Coronavirus

The New York Times suggested Saturday that statements by Sean Hannity of Fox News helped encourage a Brooklyn bar owner to take a cruise regardless of the risk of coronavirus, which killed him.

New-York-Times-Flickr-640x479.jpg

The headline of the article, as it appeared in the Sunday print edition, was: “‘Fake News’ and a Possibly Ill-Fated Trip.” (The online headline: “A Beloved Bar Owner Was Skeptical About the Virus. Then He Took a Cruise.”)

The problem: the Times quoted a remark Hannity made eight days after the man left for the cruise.

Later, the Times inserted that information as a comment from Fox News, without drawing readers’ attention to the update, which undermined its accusation of Hannity’s indirect responsibility.

The original Times article, published April 18, told the story of Joe Joyce, late owner of the JJ Bubbles tavern in Brooklyn, who died April 9 of complications related to COVID-19.

The Times presented him as a Trump supporter and Fox News viewer, though his bar was an “incongruously progressive place.”

New York Times Stealth Edits Article Blaming Sean Hannity for Man's Death from Coronavirus

I just find it hilarious that some can't admit there is no real difference between the parties. Both lust for power, both use the same tactics, and neither give a **** about the common citizen or this country. Both just want to be in charge. Yet some vehemently defend one side while condemning the other. Some refuse to hold both sides to the same standards. Some people just enjoy being sheep. And that's just plain sad.
I know, right? Who knew the "matter at hand" was so one-sided in this toxic political climate?
It reminds me of that old saying that people who live in glass houses shouldn't take a bath.

Reactions: Orangeburst

I wouldn't be surprised if his grandparents felt this was an overblown reaction as well. Many elderly people want to enjoy the time they have left on Earth and not be forced to lock themselves up and hide. I think it's selfish to tell them they can't do that.

The fact you don’t believe that both parties are cults who betray ideals for power and victory show your shallowness

Pretty sure I never said that, correct me if I’m wrong. The truth is neither one is genuine.

The boiled down difference between D & R in 2020 is that Dems play to be right, Republicans play to win.

This would be a great sentiment... if most on this board weren’t loyal to one man rather than the country, constitution, morals, or ideals.

Trump Hammers CNN Reporter: ‘Your Ratings Are So Bad Because You’re Pathetic’

By Ryan SaavedraDailyWire.com

President Donald Trump hammered a CNN reporter during the White House Coroanvirus Task Force press briefing on Sunday over a question that was asked that ignored the early timeline of coronavirus events out of China.

“On President Xi, you now talk about the missteps that China made early on in this crisis and how it put the United States behind the curve,” CNN writer Jeremy Diamond asked. “So, when you repeatedly praised Xi in January and February, you said he will solve the problem, you said he was doing a great job. Were you duped by president Xi?”

Diamond’s question ignores the obvious: that the Trump administration banned travel from China and created a Coronavirus Task Force in January to deal with the outbreak, which came as the U.S. had cases in the single digits and had no reported deaths until late-February.

Diamond’s question ignored another obvious point: that the Trump administration, which tried to get the CDC into China in early January, might have had a significantly harder time getting information out of China about the outbreak and critical supplies that were needed to fight the outbreak had the administration openly started criticizing the communist party.

After Diamond repeatedly interrupted the president, Trump fired back, “You people are so pathetic at CNN.”

“Listen, long before Pelosi, she was having parties in San Francisco, ‘Let’s go to Chinatown,’ and that was a long time after I closed up the country,” Trump correctly noted. “That’s why your ratings are so bad because you’re pathetic. Your ratings are terrible, you got to get back to real news.”

WATCH:

Trump Hammers CNN Reporter: ‘Your Ratings Are So Bad Because You’re Pathetic’

Right, all of my answers were related to risk mitigation. It’s the choices we need to make as individuals.

People weigh risks every flu season. Flu vaccines aren’t mandatory and a lot of people don’t get them. They are also a long way from perfect. Some years that just above worthless. Yet most of us go on about our lives with little thought given to dying from the flu.

I don’t agree with your approach or your characterization of mine, but I’m interested in learning more. Go tackle the two scenarios I put out for you and let me know what you would have done.

Two somewhat unrelated comments:

My point about going at Saturday midnight was I also took a risk driving to the grocery store (lots of drunks out there) but I understand why you would have seen that as a risk mitigation.

Also, my grandmother just flew half way across the country for a visit two weeks ago. She ain’t skeered.

Man you have really drank the freak out cool aid on this. When do you think it’ll be safe to get back out? When there is 0% chance that you could get it or spread it? If so we may not see you until Q2 2021

This would be a great sentiment... if most on this board weren’t loyal to one man rather than the country, constitution, morals, or ideals.
Most on this board aren't loyal to Trump, they just don't share your blind hatred or belief that everything he does is wrong. I think reading comprehension has failed you miserably.

Reactions: Sandman 423
Explain thyself.

If way more people have it then the mortality rate in this thing is way lower then projected. It also increases/speeds up any chance at a herd immunity. Also, when it comes back more people will have already been exposed to it. That will make it less dangerous for them.

Reactions: McDad
LOL.

He's a trash talker in the sense that everything he says is garbage.

Folks think that very same thing about the last president, everything he said was garbage. He read the words aloud with more eloquence but it was the same type of bull crap. It’s always been that way and will always be that way.

Reactions: LouderVol
So the question I have for you believe that we are saving lives right now by staying inside in TN? With the understanding that we are staying inside so the medical system will not get overloaded to where we lose lives because we don’t have the capacity to take care of them my answer is no. We are not saving a single life by staying inside. The only way that we are going to save lives by staying inside is to stay until a vaccine is developed or this virus runs its course. We are 12+ months away for a vaccine and we are actually slowing this thing from running it’s course by staying inside.

From all of the data that has been taken so far what we know is that this thing feasts on pre-existing conditions and those over the age of 70. Keep these folks protected until a vaccine is developed by asking them to utilize social distancing as best as they https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...I66LTfxyZgrRXWdSqiGai8ng137aLwb7B89QIloyedcan and possibly wear a mask when you go out in public. If they go out and risk it it’s on them.

Personally I have one grandparent who is in his 90s who is healthier than an ox and one in her 70s who’s health is questionable. We will be only FaceTiming until I get a positive antibody test.

I have been working this whole time and this really hasn’t effected me. I could just be selfish and say keep er locked down! This isn’t going to effect me. But you know what I have several close friends who have already either lost their jobs, lost their businesses or had their hours cut back including a couple who is well along in a pregnancy. This is going to have such a harsher economic impact on loved ones around me vs. those that we lose to this virus.

If you don't think staying at home is helping to keep the thing under control here in TN then let's let 'er rip! The resulting deaths are on you.

I think it's a bit hypocritical for you to say you'll only be FaceTiming with your grandparents until you get a (I think you meant negative) antibody test (a positive antibody test means that you've had it but aren't necessarily infectious but could still be). But, you do realize that it only takes one contact with an infected individual to carry it to your grandparents, right? No matter how many negative antibody tests YOU got? One handshake with the wrong person and BANG your grandparents are infected.

Just stay at home....... It sucks but it's necessary right now. The damage won't last forever and isn't irreversible, y'know, unlike death.

If way more people have it then the mortality rate in this thing is way lower then projected. It also increases/speeds up any chance at a herd immunity. Also, when it comes back more people will have already been exposed to it. That will make it less dangerous for them.
Agreed.

When the post mortem analysis is done on this pandemic, I am afraid the stats will show we sacrificed maximally for minimal risk.

VN Store

Back