Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

What can we do to improve the 1.5%
"American Satan" Movie
true-best-boob-pics.jpg

Its interesting to break down the numbers on this virus at this point.

- NY and NJ have roughly 8% of the entire population of the country
- today they currently have 46% of all the reported cases in the country (Which has gone down some over the last few days)
- they currently are reporting 56% of the deaths

- If New York were its own country they would currently be 2nd behind the US in total cases confirmed.
- 6th globally in total deaths

Population density accounts for most of the hot spots around the country. Even when you have a hot spot in a relatively rural area, it is controlled much more easily and quickly when contact tracing is reasonably done. Can't contact trace for a New Yorker, who shares physical space with so many other people in such short periods of time.

My post was based on a reply to Jim Acosta's tweet that NY will be flying flag at half-staff to honor the victims of Covid-19. It's a couple pages back. Somebody replied and said Acosta is a sack of s**t. "The media is the enemy of the people" is the constant refrain from Trump and his supporters - it's non-stop-whining and un-American in a free society.

I never said CNN and it’s reporters are unAmerican ... I just say they are ignorant and running a business model that’s is and has been failing . If they can’t figure out what is causing it , they don’t deserve to make it as a business.

lol, bless your heart; you are so clueless and naive to the real world, and how the government causes things to operate. It doesn't make them "bad apples" it is the government's fault in the first place
Government put a lot of people in bad places with all the red tape. You can either play it correctly and get shut down, willing to bet the medical red tape has at least as many contradictions as the ones I deal with.

The way governments requires most paperwork to do be doesnt make sense and like I said contradicts. HUD requires some forms to be filled out cost per gross square feet and others as cost per net square feet. If there is a contradiction, there should be, your application gets rejected and your case will be reviewed for fraud by HUD. At which point you pay your lawyer thousands of dollars to point out the discrepancy in the form requirements. Depending on how it goes this can actually go to court if you get a real paper pusher. Usually if it reaches court the fraud case is dropped and you have to reapply. Or, you can just put down the same number for both to start and save yourself thousands of dollars and anywhere from 3 months to 2 years.

Population density accounts for most of the hot spots around the country. Even when you have a hot spot in a relatively rural area, it is controlled much more easily and quickly when contact tracing is reasonably done. Can't contact trace for a New Yorker, who shares physical space with so many other people in such short periods of time.
Plus, the social media pictures of the public transit system were shocking. They are still cramming into those petri dishes like sardines. Dat gum liberals not following the rules.

Reactions: VolStrom
what should be said about a president that inserts himself and views into events instead heeding the advice of experts or sticking to facts? Asking for a friend....
We we elect a President to represent us. I would think that interjecting his views would be part of the job. When you say he hasn't heeded the advice of experts what are you referring to? As far a lying..... He lies and spins to make himself look good.

Also, Why did you spin my post about someone who calls himself a journalist, but is actually a pundit into how the President should act? Asking for a friend too.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
How the man running World Health Organisation trashed by Trump as China-centric is a Career politician who worked for a Communist Junta and became its First NON-doctor Director-General 'following intense Lobbying from Beijing'

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, a little-known figure before the coronavirus pandemic, has risen to prominence as Director-General of the World Health Organisation which is spearheading global responses to the virus.

Dr Tedros - who has never practised as a medical doctor - is a career politician who was born in what is now Eritrea, began work under the Communist Derg junta, came to study in the UK, then rose to the top of Ethiopia's government first as Health Minister and then Foreign Minister before being elected to lead the WHO in 2017.

He is now facing heavy criticism over his handling of the pandemic, especially for praise he heaped on China's communist party for its response - hailing the regime's 'commitment to transparency' and saying the speed with which it detected the virus was 'beyond words'.

That has led to allegations - mostly recently made by Donald Trump - that the WHO is 'China-centric', a position that the US President has promised to 'look into'.

Trump has threatened to suspend US funding to the WHO until an investigation has been carried out, while suggesting that they withheld information on the virus.

Indeed, it is not the first time that Dr Tedros has been accused of cosying up to China. Shortly after his election victory in 2017, it was alleged that Chinese diplomats had been heavily involved in lobbying for him.

UN records also show that Chinese contributions to both Ethiopia's aid budget and the WHO have substantially increased during times when he was in top leadership positions.

Shortly after his election to the WHO, a report in The Times said: 'Chinese diplomats had campaigned hard for the Ethiopian, using Beijing’s financial clout and opaque aid budget to build support for him among developing countries.'

According to the BBC, Dr Tedros then joined the hard-left TPLF - which started life as a Communist party and played a major role in overthrowing Mariam in 1991. It later became part of the EPRDF, a coalition of left-wing parties that ruled Ethiopia until last year.

Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus, career-politician running 'China-centric' WHO | Daily Mail Online

The Taiwanese government says they warned the WHO of human-human transmission in December. WHO stated transmission observed Jan. 20/21.

Plus, the social media pictures of the public transit system were shocking. They are still cramming into those petri dishes like sardines. Dat gum liberals not following the rules.

I edited my point to include quotations. Did not want to be accused of plagiarism.

Reactions: Wireless1 and McDad
Agreed.

Being woefully prepared didnt help either.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
please give an example of a President who hasn't done that?
Isn't that literally the job?

The president of my company isn't an engineer, manufacturer, or salesman. Yet he has more decision making pull than anyone else.

Someone has to see the big picture and proceed to make the high level decisions.

Maybe you think he sucks at that too, but the fact remains that speaking to these things is literally in the job description.

At company board meetings, my president can't bring 40 experts to speak individually, and Trump can't do that either.

Last edited:
Funny.

We went from 15 cases, soon to be zero,, to 100,000 dead.

And you think Trump deserves credit if its just 50,000 dead?

tenor.gif

giphy.gif
Trump listened to idiots like Fauci for way too long. Best message would have been come out and tell everyone to relax be safe but we can't close the country down over a flu bug

Well Lincoln, FDR, Truman, JFK, LBJ, Nixon were the big ones who popped into my mind. All either publicly contradicted their own "experts" or simply fired those who disagreed with them

"Oh, yeah? Well name me another president who ate steak and had sex with women not his wife, smart guy!"

Reactions: Rickyvol77
That depends on what your argument is. I'm simply calling Trump a liar for trying to revise history and claim that:

"I've always known this is a - this is a real - this is a pandemic. I've felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. All you had to do was look at other countries... No, I've always viewed it as very serious." - President Donald Trump
To your last sentence, so what.
The Facts: Not once did Trump describe the COVID-19 outbreak as a possible pandemic until after the World Health Organization declared it so on March 11th. To the contrary, prior to March 11th, Trump repeatedly suggested the virus was under control and that cases were going down, not up. I understand that Trump has been in lock-step with Dr. Fauci and health care professionals... I also understand that his claim that he was calling the Coronavirus a pandemic prior to the WHO on March 11th... is an outright lie.

Funny.

We went from 15 cases, soon to be zero,, to 100,000 dead.

And you think Trump deserves credit if its just 50,000 dead?

tenor.gif

giphy.gif
If you actually believed the 100,00 dead, then 50,000 lives saved is a big deal no?

Or is it that you actually didn't believe the media in the first place?

Or could it be that EVERYONE is trying to politicize this and no one should be held accountable or blamed or given credit for anything???

Reactions: allvol123
Trump listened to idiots like Fauci for way too long. Best message would have been come out and tell everyone to relax be safe but we can't close the country down over a flu bug
1) Fauci's not an idiot. He's one of a host of people, from various technical backgrounds, that needs to be in the room.
2) It isn't the flu. It's more deadly, more contagious, and no vaccine exists yet.
3) I think as time goes on we'll question the logic of not differentiating between low and high risk groups within the general population. For low risk members of the population, I think it probably should have been business as usual, but with more precautions this entire time. Yes, there have been frequent anecdotal stories of young/healthy getting really beaten up by it, even some have died, but those are the rare exceptions. The flu and pneumonia do that very rarely to healthy/young people too.

1) Fauci's not an idiot. He's one of a host of people, from various technical backgrounds, that needs to be in the room.
2) It isn't the flu. It's more deadly, more contagious, and no vaccine exists yet.
3) I think as time goes on we'll question the logic of not differentiating between low and high risk groups within the general population. For low risk members of the population, I think it probably should have been business as usual, but with more precautions this entire time. Yes, there have been frequent anecdotal stories of young/healthy getting really beaten up by it, even some have died, but those are the rare exceptions. The flu and pneumonia do that very rarely to healthy/young people too.
1) Fauci likes to use worst case scenarios, he's partially responsible for collapsing the economy. I don't trust him at all
2) It's not more deadly than the flu, it will end up having about exactly the same death rate, maybe less
3) Agree with first part but I would bet younger/healthy people survive this at a better rate than the flu.

1) Fauci likes to use worst case scenarios, he's partially responsible for collapsing the economy. I don't trust him at all
2) It's not more deadly than the flu, it will end up having about exactly the same death rate, maybe less
3) Agree with first part but I would bet younger/healthy people survive this at a better rate than the flu.
1) Trump's the one who ultimately made the shutdown decision. Actually, state governors around the country have made that decision. Fauci is there to give a medical opinion, and that's what he's been doing. He isn't supposed to be taking economic considerations into his analysis - that's for others, the decision-makers, to decide. Fauci is a voice that should be in the room, not the ultimate decision maker.
2) It is more deadly than the flu, particularly for old people. That's just false. Hospitals don't get overrun by seasonal flu.

VN Store

Back