Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

“What do you have to lose”? Does not = “I have literally no level of expertise, consult your physician for more information”.

Many physicians have found anecdotally that this drug can cause liver failure in very sick patients and actually speed up the deadly effects of the virus, so they are not administering it. There is a reason Dr Fauci is so apprehensive about it and has to consistently take it upon himself to correct the dumb a** at the mic.

Trump has no business talking about pharmacology, at all.

I imagine the people who die from side effects of hydroxychloroquine will have those deaths attributed to COVID-19. This will further infuriate some of those here claiming that the deaths resulting from the pandemic are exaggerated.

It reminds me of psychiatric medications. The plausible deniability that the medication wasn't at fault for someone going ballistic or committing suicide is very convenient. "Well, they were being treated for a psychiatric condition."

Reactions: McDad
Chicago Mayor Urges Citizens To ‘Stay Home, Save Lives’ — Until She Needs A Haircut

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot defended her decision to get a haircut despite urging citizens to stay at home in accordance with the state order.

Lightfoot called on Chicago residents to “Stay home, save lives” in a recent video and even added the mantra to her Twitter handle. (RELATED: Chicago Mayor Heard Calling Police Union Leader A ‘Clown’)

But a few days later, a photo surfaced of Lightfoot with a woman who claimed to have given the mayor a haircut — after the statewide “stay-at-home” order was given.
EU9miuPWsAIjtJa

"Stay home? - heeah hEEEE! - that's for the rabble!"
"I'm an O-fishul!"

It's where are politics have brought us. We can't only be validated by our beliefs being right. We must also be validated by others being wrong.

Truth. But I'm not a fan of abandoning all logic and reason. It's an absurd thing to do, which is why our politics are so screwed up. Who cares about truth when you can make up a fantasy that suits your feels?

Reactions: McDad
I imagine the people who die from side effects of hydroxychloroquine will have those deaths attributed to COVID-19. This will further infuriate some of those here claiming that the deaths resulting from the pandemic are exaggerated.

It reminds me of psychiatric medications. The plausible deniability that the medication wasn't at fault for someone going ballistic or committing suicide is very convenient. "Well, they were being treated for a psychiatric condition."

Outside of chugging fish tank cleaner, are there dangerous side effects? I thought it was safe.

But none of the people who criticized Trump for mentioning it to begin with are coming forward to say they were wrong. Instead, they're doubling down. They hate the guy so much, they can't find it in themselves to admit he was right about something.
I have to say that there is some hypocrisy in this line of thinking. Trump certainly won't admit that he was wrong in minimizing the threat of the coronavirus to the American people in February. In fact, he will now deny that he even did minimize it, in spite of the video evidence to the contrary. My question is, why would you hold the media to a higher standard than you hold him? Does Trump make it a practice of admitting when he was wrong and his critics were right?

I have to say that there is some hypocrisy in this line of thinking. Trump certainly won't admit that he was wrong in minimizing the threat of the coronavirus to the American people in February. In fact, he will now deny that he even did minimize it, in spite of the video evidence to the contrary. My question is, why would you hold the media to a higher standard than you hold him? Does Trump make it a practice of admitting when he was wrong and his critics were right?
I've been politically aware since about 1982 or so. I don't know any politician who makes a practice of admitting wrong and critics were right.
Trump appears no different than anybody else in that regard.

Every drug has side effects. Even aspirin. The balance is between the side effects and the intended effects.
Very true. I remember the time you were telling us about the pill you were taking so you could perform in the bedroom. The side effect, I believe, was anal leakage. And obviously, when that set in your wife was no longer in the mood.

So you're saying it's okay to claim to hate a behavior then turn around and engage in said behavior? FTR, I've called out Trump's diarrhea of the mouth as a problem so don't do the whole "but Trump" crap. If it's wrong, it's wrong. Condemning it one way while justifying it the other is nothing more than hypocrisy.

I've been politically aware since about 1982 or so. I don't know any politician who makes a practice of admitting wrong and critics were right.
Correct. Trump is not any different, but he does expect his critics to apologize to him, when he feels he was right about something. However, that is a courtesy which he never extends to anyone else.

Very true. I remember the time you were telling us about the pill you were taking so you could perform in the bedroom. The side effect, I believe, was anal leakage. And obviously, when that set in your wife was no longer in the mood.
Good memory. It's the last time I took the Italian made suppository, Inuendo, for ED.

Outside of chugging fish tank cleaner, are there dangerous side effects? I thought it was safe.

As best that I can recall from some earlier discussions, it can interact with other medications increasing the potential for side effects and sometimes as the commericials say.. "even death".

I believe it also has some immunosuppressive properties that can put some people at further risk.

I think physicians, who are tasked with treating those infected, would more often make the right decisions and be aware of its potential to do harm. I don't think it should be touted as a preventative or a cure, though. I also don't think this is something you should hit up your general practitioner for, although I imagine some will disagree.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Correct. Trump is not any different, but he does expect his critics to apologize to him, when he feels he was right about something. However, that is a courtesy which he never extends to anyone else.
He is an arrogant, blowhard New Yorker. The presidency hasn't changed him. It never will.

But on the continuum.....

Signed Luther

Reactions: luthervol
I've never said anything about an apology, just a mea culpa. And mostly I'm talking about certain posters on this board doing backflips to avoid admitting they were wrong and Trump was right.

These ridiculous mischaracterizations of what Trump is saying about the malaria drug or Z-pac combo is just typical Trump slurper double talk.

To be crystal clear:

1) Everyone hopes those drugs work. Or some other drugs work. No one is rooting against those medications, or any medications, to be effective and safe. Every person out there hopes for an effective treatment and a vaccine.

2) No one is arguing against a right to try scenario where an individual doctor feels it is a last hope for reversal of a downward spiral for a given patient.

3) The problem is that Trump has gone WAY BEYOND that scenario with how he talks about it. And no, his irresponsible behavior is not saved by him throwing in the occasional "we'll see if it works" line mixed in with 20 minutes of his mindless wandering, which definitely gives the impression that he thinks it ought to be tried and even used as a prophylactic.

These ridiculous mischaracterizations of what Trump is saying about the malaria drug or Z-pac combo is just typical Trump slurper double talk.

To be crystal clear:

1) Everyone hopes those drugs work. Or some other drugs work. No one is rooting against those medications, or any medications, to be effective and safe. Every person out there hopes for an effective treatment and a vaccine.

2) No one is arguing against a right to try scenario where an individual doctor feels it is a last hope for reversal of a downward spiral for a given patient.

3) The problem is that Trump has gone WAY BEYOND that scenario with how he talks about it. And no, his irresponsible behavior is not saved by him throwing in the occasional "we'll see if it works" line mixed in with 20 minutes of his mindless wandering, which definitely gives the impression that he thinks it ought to be tried and even used as a prophylactic.
I hope they don't use it as a prophylactic, get somebody pregnant, and then blame Trump.

Trump is far more guilty than any president of my lifetime, not even remotely close.

Reactions: Purple Tiger

To be crystal clear:

source.gif

VN Store

Back