Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

And, at a minimum, I suppose the idiots in AZ simply took it into their own heads to take fish tank cleaner out of the blue......

I don't know you GV but please don't tell me you are suggesting that Trump is responsible for this. If you stand by the contention I won't be able to take seriously any of your future posts.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
And, at a minimum, I suppose the idiots in AZ simply took it into their own heads to take fish tank cleaner out of the blue......
Man, people were eating tide pods and snorting condoms. Some are doing the corona licking challenge now. None of it is because of trump, including the couple in Arizona. Some people are just stupid.

I'd give the full response of the government a B and Trump a B-.

Every story I read highlights the mistakes (or presumed mistakes).

Take the hydroxychloroquine stuff - he was lambasted for saying he was optimistic about early results. I guarantee his team pushed for the off-label use and now FDA approval of use. That's a win but it's still treated as a "mistake".
WaPo headline - FDA authorizes widespread use of unproven drugs to treat coronavirus, saying possible benefit outweighs risk

The article is almost entirely about the problems this drug could cause. It barely mentions that it is being used around the world both as treatment and preventative.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/30/coronavirus-drugs-hydroxychloroquin-chloroquine/

If Trump hadn't advocated this or downplayed it the story would be 180.
It doesn't work for everyone, as the WaPo article pointed out. It can in some cases be more fatal than the virus itself.
There are a lot of risks with using anti-malarial drugs to treat covid-19. Basically anti-malarial drugs make your body so inhospitable that malaria says "nope" and yeets right out of there. I'm not a doctor, but from what I've read that is the long and short of it.
It is something that should be left to discuss between doctor and patient if it is an appropriate treatment. Trump framed it as a fix all for everyone, which is why he caught flack for it.

Man, people were eating tide pods and snorting condoms. Some are doing the corona licking challenge now. None of it is because of trump, including the couple in Arizona. Some people are just stupid.

Cuomo said people need to be hooked up to a ventilator if they have the Rona. I hooked my wife to a radiator and she's dead now.

Thanks Cuomo! (interpret that how you see fit)

Thankfully California hasn't reached their governor's prediction of a 56% coronavirus infection rate. So far Spain has the highest per capita case rate 87,956/46,750,000= or 0.18% of their population.
There are currently 155k US cases and 582k in the entire world but somehow Gov. Newsom can predict 22 million cases in his state and no one from the media thought to ask his source. As of today Cali is at 7,413 cases.
How solid are California's coronavirus projections? | CalMatters

If corn was a promising treatment and you re out are you finding the closest ethanol pump?

As tragic as it was, you cant help stupid sometimes.

Reactions: volinbham
It doesn't work for everyone, as the WaPo article pointed out. It can in some cases be more fatal than the virus itself.
There are a lot of risks with using anti-malarial drugs to treat covid-19. Basically anti-malarial drugs make your body so inhospitable that malaria says "nope" and yeets right out of there. I'm not a doctor, but from what I've read that is the long and short of it.
It is something that should be left to discuss between doctor and patient if it is an appropriate treatment. Trump framed it as a fix all for everyone, which is why he caught flack for it.

He didn't frame it as a fix for all. I saw his comments - he said it was showing promise and he hoped it was a powerful solution. Fauci said he couldn't say without careful clinical trials then went on to say that he and Trump were not saying different things. It was completely blown out of proportion (big surprise).

No drug works for everyone and all drugs can cause serious side effects.

The reality (that is not presented in the article) is that this product is being used widely now not only for patients but doctors are taking it too.

My point is the article took the most negative slant possible from the headline on through the story.

I'm glad the FDA got out of the way on this one and I'm pretty certain that Trump had a role in that.

Also, this really should be a situation that Red Hats should criticize Trump for his mistakes, and liberals should credit him for what he's done well. This hyperpartisan crap isn't helping anything.

Reactions: vols40
I really dont care about the politics of all this. Did not vote for Trump. Was going to next time, but now doubting that.

All that said, if we get thru this with a reasonable death toll and the economy is not in a depression, he'll need a spot on Mount Rushmore.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I don't know you GV but please don't tell me you are suggesting that Trump is responsible for this. If you stand by the contention I won't be able to take seriously any of your future posts.

You can't seriously think that those dumb****s did what they did out of the clear blue sky.....

Are they responsible for their own stupidity? Yep....

But where did they get the idea in the first place? My god in heaven.... Trump was talking about chloroquine being some kind of miracle drug!

The woman who survived in her own words:

"We saw Trump on TV — every channel — and all of his buddies and that this was safe," the woman told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard of President Donald Trump. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine tells the public not to 'believe anything that the president says'

Yes he has character flaws. Doesn't change that he gets ridiculous questions and coverage.

Every President gets those. I acknowledge that the press are generally liberals and so are, for lack of a better word, "tougher" on Republican presidents. That is so in the scheme of things.

But .....

1) A good President would accept the challenge and give reasoned answers. He wouldn't take the bait. A President that does this earns respect. It is reality, so why not embrace it and use it to your advantage?

2) Trump is the worst at dealing with it. He cannot stand to be questioned. He cannot stand to be criticized. He denies his own words. He lashes out with personal insult. And while it satisfies his base, he already has them. All he is doing is alienating everyone else who can see, right in front of them, Trump's own words coming back to haunt him.

Oh come on. I agree he's his own worst enemy but if you think the media generally gives him a fair shake I don't know what to say.

That said, he's getting good marks on handling it (higher than his overall approval) and virtually every story about his handling of it is negative.
He’s getting good marks because he finally paid attention to Dr Fauci and some of the experts that have been trying to shut him up. I can assure you that’s only temporary. Give him time. He’ll go off the reservation again because he just can’t help himself. The funny thing to me is that it has taken four years to get his approval rating close to 50%. Worst performance by a President ever. How bad do you have to perform to take that long to convince even half the population that you have a clue and can do the job?

You can't seriously think that those dumb****s did what they did out of the clear blue sky.....

But where did they get the idea in the first place? My god in heaven.... Trump was talking about chloroquine being some kind of miracle drug!

'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine tells the public not to 'believe anything that the president says'

Thanks for confirming how to interpret your posts.

Did you happen to read the post earlier about this woman?

Using this logic anyone that caught Covid in Chinatown can blame Pelosi right? She told them to come on down and was hugging people there.

Yeah... about that woman...

Woman Who Ingested Fish Tank Cleaner Was Prolific Donor to Democratic Causes

VN Store

Back