Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Nonsense; nothing about the U.S. mirrors the trajectory in Italy, not infection, hospitalization, or death rates. Whether she's talking about the U.S. or Michigan, she's wrong in every respect. This is why Dr. Birx has to actually tell media and politicians that hyperventilating makes for bad policy and crappy government.

“When people start talking about 20 percent of a population getting infected, it is very scary but we don’t have data that matches that based on the experience,” Birx said.

“There’s no … reality on the ground where we can see that 60 to 70 percent of Americans are going to get infected in the next eight to 12 weeks,” Birx later continued. Birx cautions against inaccurate models predicting significant coronavirus spread

Try not to be desperate. Whitmer is a buck-passing, anti-science alarmist.
No country has been above 1% if I'm not mistaken
Edit the highest is Switzerland at 0.15%

Last edited:
Reactions: NCFisher
Trump Bucks business on Defense Production Act

President Trump on Friday bucked the U.S. business community by using the Defense Production Act (DPA) to order General Motors to ramp up production of life-saving ventilators.

Trump’s move, which came after the business community lobbied against the use of the emergency powers, forces GM to prioritize ventilators after a deal with the White House faltered.

“Our fight against the virus is too urgent to allow the give-and-take of the contracting process to continue to run its normal course,” Trump said in a statement. “GM was wasting time. Today’s action will help ensure the quick production of ventilators that will save American lives.”

Trump bucks business on Defense Production Act

goodwyn_Facts_Please_lr_03262020200326064203.jpg

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If there are a limited number of ventilators at the federal government's disposal, how do you divide them among 50 states? Does NY deserve all of them at the expense of another state?

You put them there until they are needed elsewhere. You don’t hold them back to distribute equitably if needed later. You make that decision once it’s required.

You put them there until they are needed elsewhere. You don’t hold them back to distribute equitably if needed later. You make that decision once it’s required.

There needs to be some sort of national registry/database set up where there's a full accounting of all ventilators and continually shift them to where they're needed.

I agree, some are. Some people are only comfortable when they have a defined enemy. The basis of Trumpism.
I hate hate.
I hate hating the POTUS.
56 years of not hating the POTUS were far more preferable than these past 3 years of hating the POTUS.
We tried it your way with an America hating racist POS for 8 years and that was a massive failure, we needed a different direction and that was going great until this sham was started

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Trump floating that idea out there was a terrible move. I have a feeling that this will cause a wave of refugees trying to escape the state(s) before the lock down occurs, further spreading the virus.

Especially given that (IMO) it's extremely unlikely that he'll actually do so (does he even have the authority?).

He's throwing trial balloons out to see how they play in the media, confusing an already confused public.

Especially given that (IMO) it's extremely unlikely that he'll actually do so (does he even have the authority?).

He's throwing trial balloons out to see how they play in the media, confusing an already confused public.

Methinks the Lincoln and Holland tunnels will be backed up a bit today.

Methinks the Lincoln and Holland tunnels will be backed up a bit today.

Shut them down , brick them up . Everywhere there’s a toll booth set up triple enforced spike strips . Let’s nip the spread in the bud now 😂

Edit : I’m also for blocking all main roadways leading out of the northeastern seaboard and turning loose roaming bands of tigers , water buffaloes and wild boars .

Trump floating that idea out there was a terrible move. I have a feeling that this will cause a wave of refugees trying to escape the state(s) before the lock down occurs, further spreading the virus.

People on here have said it looks like spring break in places in Tennessee. That people are out doing whatever they want.

Well, imagine that in NYC. For the first week or so, Central Park and west side trails were packed. People are still out and around now, even with cases and deaths occurring rapidly.

I want my freedom as much as anyone, but sometimes you need to use it responsibly. And right now there is evidence that New Yorkers (city folk) are not really doing that, which is why the case load continues to grow.

Shut them down , brick them up . Everywhere there’s a toll booth set up triple enforced spike strips . Let’s nip the spread in the bud now 😂

Edit : I’m also for blocking all main roadways leading out of the northeastern seaboard and turning loose roaming bands of tigers , water buffaloes and wild boars .
Will those boars be feral?

Actually I think the plan is to keep them more centrally located and distribute based on need rather than send a bunch to one place then move them again and again.

Actually I think the plan is to keep them more centrally located and distribute based on need rather than send a bunch to one place then move them again and again.
That makes more sense. You know the old saying "possession is 9/10 of the law". Once these things get distributed no state is going to give one up unless they have 20,000 of them laying around unused.

VN Store

Back