Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The naivete here is the belief government and or banks can just magically control the economics of this.

You are literally talking about foreclosures. That is banking. The government is stacking money in the economy so banks can work with borrowers during this time.

TN seems to be going against the grain with the infected age brackets of this virus.

Age Ranges of Confirmed Cases
0-10=3
11-20=12
21-30=72
31-40=47
41-50=35

51-60=26
61-70=16
71-80=13
80+=4

*Numbers within tables may not add up to total confirmed number of cases due to reporting delays and/or missing data.

Not mortalities. Those 60 - 80+ are in more danger. If it follows Italy you will see almost no deaths or serious cases 40 and below unless there is an underlying condition.

Once testing ramps up those numbers should normalize to what we expect to see.

At a bar right now over hearing the bartenders talk about how tough it is. Brutal.
You can’t imagine. All of my restaurants are now to-go only. I essentially laid off 700 people in 4 days. They will have the ability to come back when business does. Until then SOL. Managers will be next in a few weeks. If this is still going on in June I will be furloughed. I will be fine but these people are fubard.

My two favorite watering holes closed for good today in town.

I'll expand on a post I made a week ago. A few hours before everything started shutting down I think actually.

We can try to navigate this by taking actions and maintaining some semblance of a functioning economy at a greater risk of infection or we can continue shutting everything down, stop trade and business, and enter a global depression.

Doesn't sound like there's much hope of getting over this virus until some vaccine is found which is probably at least a year away. Are we prepared to keep the economy at a standstill for that long?

I don't think it's possible to keep it at a standstill for that long and still recover. Some sense of normalcy would have to be maintained in order for us not to be find ourselves stuck in an economic depression.

It's a tough balance to strike. A two to three week shelter in place order isn't something I'm opposed to if it can make a very significant impact, but we would have to resume some sense of normalcy after that. Obviously we would still need to use good judgement and common sense, but we can't afford to keep everything shut down until a vaccine is ready.

VN Store

Back