Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

For what it's worth...

My dad works for some ex military pilots turned private sector. He just got called saying his work is postponed because of domestic travel being banned by end of week. That's including highway / interstate travel. Told him to stay home and stock up for the long haul.

Well, I pray you are wrong.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
I get your point. Your point is that you don’t care if people die as long as the economy is stable. Your point is wrong, that’s why I’m ignoring your ignorant “point”.
You're good at the emotional hand waves when arguments begin to get way from you, aren't you?

His point was that society makes cost/benefit analysis all the time, even with human lives. And he is correct, whether your pride and emotions want to admit it or not. His example was automobiles that serve a purpose but are dangerous. And in his analogy, the automobiles weren't compared to the virus. The virus would be comparable to crashes in his analogy. In his analogy, automobiles were equated to lack of panic and more freedom of movement (i.e. not shuttering society), which has a certain danger to it, but might be overall more beneficial to society and culture in the long run.

Your emotional hand-waving and assumptions aside, I don't really know where I fall on the argument. But that's beside the point that one of us can follow a simple analogy and another can't.

You want to see class.

Trump on Washington state’s request for help with the pandemic:

"I told Mike not to be complimentary to the governor, because that governor is a snake," Trump said of Inslee. "I said, 'if you’re nice to him he will take advantage.'"
You get that from Vox or The Daily Kos?

Reactions: Orangeburst
Again, there is no positive to letting a virus kill people.
How do you "let" a virus do anything? And is tanking the economy going to stop this virus? How long do you realistically shut everything down? At best, we might slow it down, but without a working treatment we don't stop it. What's to keep it from coming back year after year like the flu? And if it does, are we supposed to shut everything down during its peak season?

Just to make sure you know ( since I pick at you about it ) our Cats name is Loki but I call him monster . He comes like my dog when I whistle for him and he eats pretty much everything our dog does including the dogs dry food when he wants something different other than his . I’m not positive he knows that he’s a cat . Lol

Ok, I think maybe you ended up with the reincarnation of my Loki cat that passed a long time ago. I’m fairly certain mine thought he was one of the Rottweilers.🤣

Reactions: AM64 and 0nelilreb
How do you "let" a virus do anything? And is tanking the economy going to stop this virus? How long do you realistically shut everything down? At best, we might slow it down, but without a working treatment we don't stop it. What's to keep it from coming back year after year like the flu? And if it does, are we supposed to shut everything down during its peak season?

No but tanking this economy could help elect uncle Joe so economy be damned

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Anybody else hearing a complete lockdown by end of the week?

This thread is moving too fast for me.

I'm guessing people will be able to drive around, get gas and stuff. Seems like contact with people in public is what will be discouraged. pretty crazy, if so, though

Money, money, money, MONEY.....

giphy.gif

You know what the Zika Virus is called? The Zika Virus.
You know what the Spanish flu is called? The Spanish flu.
You know what the Asian flu is called? The Asian flu.
You know what the Chinese virus is called? COVID-19.
But it doesn't matter. It's Trump being Trump and Trumpers covering.
The Chinese just pushed propaganda a few days ago saying the US released it there.

It's the reason he's pushing back so hard and calling it the Chinese virus.

VN Store

Back