Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Costco Knoxville this morning at 9 AM, 30 minutes before opening.

We usually go early on Saturday mornings because it is usually a pretty sparse crowd at that time.

Not today. At about 9:05, an employee comes out and announces that they are all out of toilet paper and all paper products. They do not anticipate getting restocked until at least Wednesday.

Once in, we also found that they have been out of potatoes since yesterday. "Caucasians/white folks" were buying 50lb bags of rice, which seemed at bit "unusual." I've never seen anything like this outside of a disaster like a hurricane or after an earthquake. I guess, as a nation, we believe we are having one now.

I have several emotions going on, competeing with each other. A combination of sad and disgust, is about the best I can do to describe it.

Stop Panic Buying!costco.jpg

Verizon is about close all their stores and you can expect other companies to start doing the same thing.

I'm scheduled to fly to Denver tmrw afternoon for a week.. is it worth risking getting stuck out there?

Costco Knoxville this morning at 9 AM, 30 minutes before opening.

We usually go early on Saturday mornings because it is usually a pretty sparse crowd at that time.

Not today. At about 9:05, an employee comes out and announces that they are all out of toilet paper and all paper products. They do not anticipate getting restocked until at least Wednesday.

Once in, we also found that they have been out of potatoes since yesterday. "Caucasians/white folks" were buying 50lb bags of rice, which seemed at bit "unusual." I've never seen anything like this outside of a disaster like a hurricane or after an earthquake. I guess, as a nation, we believe we are having one now.

I have several emotions going on, competeing with each other. A combination of sad and disgust, is about the best I can do to describe it.

Stop Panic Buying!View attachment 266324
Was it Uncle Ben's rice ?

Reactions: AM64 and 1972 Grad
I can tell you that if you have an employee working in NY or IL and they get sick WC will be required to pay. Been through that crap, one employee had a heart attack in NY off duty in hotel and another got sick (bad flu or something) while working outside of Chicago and our WC has to pick up the tab for both.
True, states run the show when it comes to WC. FL was the first state to weigh in on a CV case and the general tone was that coverage could apply but it just depends on the situation.

Luther: The winner on this one is all of those in the US in the world once we curb this thing and minimize it. The hope of this happening needs to come irregardless of politics and who we like/don’t like.
That's pretty much exactly what I was implying.
My only hope at this point is a return to normal as quickly as possible and with as little death and misery as possible.
The blame/credit game is secondary.
Everyone I know has already been directly and negatively impacted.

I agree with all except that I differ on why he is doing this. I do not for one second believe its because he has a clue what he's talking about. It is solely because he refuses to acknowledge, much less deal with, difficult news.
You’re right. Trump has become a globally recognized individual, starred in a TV show, owns property all over the world, became POTUS, raised children, and more and he did all of this without being able to handle difficult news. I’m sure everything in his life was accomplished through sheer luck and everything always went perfectly smooth with no bumps in the road. You nailed it.

Verizon is about close all their stores and you can expect other companies to start doing the same thing.

I'm scheduled to fly to Denver tmrw afternoon for a week.. is it worth risking getting stuck out there?
Don’t turn in your rental car.

U.S. Southern Border Flooded with Nationals from Coronavirus Countries

The United States’ borders have been flooded with thousands of foreign nationals arriving from countries affected by the Wuhan, China-originated coronavirus.

illegal-immigrant-jumps-border-fence-from-mexico-feb11-2020-getty-640x480.jpg

While the U.S. tries to contain the spread of the coronavirus — with leading medical experts blaming international travel and migration for much of the outbreak — nearly 151,000 border crossers and illegal aliens have been apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border since October 2019 from 72 affected countries, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) data reveals.

Since October, for example, 1,657 Chinese nationals have been apprehended at the southern border. About 341 of these Chinese nationals sought to enter the U.S. illegally just within the last few months.

DHS data finds that Chinese nationals are continuing to arrive at the southern border, with about six being apprehended within the last couple of days. There are now close to 81,000 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in China and 3,180 deaths.

U.S. Borders Flooded with Foreign Nationals from Coronavirus Countries

I spent hours yesterday on Youtube just to get away from this hell hole for awhile....I feel better too.
I watched old "The Tonight Show" w/Johnny Carson clips & "Family Feud" w/Steve Harvey....laughed my ass off.
Have you seen the Family Feud where the family had to guess a word that follows “Pork”? I was laughing so hard I was crying.

VN Store

Back