Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

If you find a black widow in your back yard shed and you burn your shed down and everything in it, but it kills the black widow...........was that the appropriate response? Did it work?

I'm not trying to demean the virus' impact, just there are probably many things you could have done, which also could have worked, and may have had less negative impact.

Well stated.

If you find a black widow in your back yard shed and you burn your shed down and everything in it, but it kills the black widow...........was that the appropriate response? Did it work?

I'm not trying to demean the virus' impact, just there are probably many things you could have done, which also could have worked, and may have had less negative impact.
Is someone out there advocating for the firebombing of Seattle? Because that’s the analogy you’re making.

To use your scenario though - no one is saying burn down the shed.
Know what they’re saying? - Stay in the house. Don’t go in the shed. Wait for the spider to die.

That’s what’s being done here.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Call it whatever you want. Invisible. Flying. Two headed. Just because the earth was scorched and it solved your problem, doesn't mean it was the best way to go about it.
So trying to stop the spread is a scorched earth policy?

The US needs to make sure that all pharmaceuticals and things critical to the survival of our citizens are made primarily in the US. No more dependency on China.

That would be the silver lining in this ... worthy enough to bet your life on, but it won't happen, and we'll see the need over and over again.

I've seen it and there are some great deleted scenes involving the Don (Brando) that really add context to the family structure and sheds light on his relationship with his kids. Also, Tom really should have seen the hit on Sonny coming. Carlo was a rat.
Oh it’s fantastic. I wanna say there are some extra scenes with Sollozzo too that really add depth and context. Been a while since I’ve seen it.

Man sets house on fire while trying to kill spider

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Is someone out there advocating for the firebombing of Seattle? Because that’s the analogy you’re making.

To use your scenario though - no one is saying burn down the shed.
Know what they’re saying? - Stay in the house. Don’t go in the shed. Wait for the spider to die.

That’s what’s being done here.

And even that response is stupid. How about live your life like normal, go outside, do what you want anyway. Just avoid the shed, and if you have to go in, be diligent and wash your hands after.

If you get bit by the spider, go to the doctor only if it gets bad, the chances of actually dying are low anyway.

The US needs to make sure that all pharmaceuticals and things critical to the survival of our citizens are made primarily in the US. No more dependency on China.
I was listening to the radio the other day, and they said the reason for offshoring pharmaceuticals was that the same factories that make expensive drugs also make generic off patent drugs. The prices are so low and super competitive on generics that pharmaceutical companies located factories where they can produce the generics at the lowest price. The expensive drugs had to follow.

Reactions: AM64
Several things,

This is a really bad look for Pelosi. I think this was her biggest mistake as a politician. Not sure how people can forgive her for cheaply politicizing the bill. It's what alot of americans hate about DC.

I think my trip to disney world next week will be cancelled after they shut down Disneyland. My 4yo will be upset but it is what it is. I guess I'll go get groceries for a few weeks.

I was listening to the radio the other day, and they said the reason for offshoring pharmaceuticals was that the same factories that make expensive drugs also make generic off patent drugs. The prices are so low and super competitive on generics that pharmaceutical companies located factories where they can produce the generics at the lowest price. The expensive drugs had to follow.

They could contract some of the basement/garage labs located all over TN/NC.

So trying to stop the spread is a scorched earth policy?
All in how extreme you go. It's hard to say honestly when you start with a possibly too strong action. We'll see if the measures taken work and what kind of economic impact we're dealing with next year.

Hopefully I'm 100% wrong.

Adders, riders, poison pills are the part of our legislative process. Needs to be one item and one item only per bill, but that will never fly because campaign support paybacks are way too visible that way.

Exactly...Trump ain't buying their BS either. It'll be another despicable mark upon the liberals. Imagine caring so much for humanity you try to fund the baby killing factories with your Bill. Disgusting sick people!!

Reactions: AM64
People act like they’re in full blown panic mode here. The grocery store is a mad house. The medicine section is cleared out

Honestly, this is attributable to all the leaders of the sports leagues today. Just unfathomable how they did what they did in the past 2 days.

It's always about the money. Between my wife and me, we take three drugs that the Chinese have managed to now contaminate with carcinogens (three so far that we know of). They contaminated pet food with melamine, and killed pets, They screwed up wallboard and sickened US citizens here. Yet we hear all the time that you can't put a value on human life, so I'll just lump our globalist corporate execs in with Stalin ... one death is a tragedy - millions are a statistic.

VN Store

Back