Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

If this thing has a 4% mortality rate and a billion people in China get it, that results in 40 million deaths in China alone.

Even though Wuhan was under lockdown citizens there could still drive around apparently they are even stopping private transportation today.

I am assuming that the very young and the elderly are most at risk of dying?
That’s what they said initially, but there have apparently been young healthy adults that have died as well. Everything about this is being downplayed. They don’t shut down cities like this for the flu, which supposedly has a higher mortality rate.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I am assuming that the very young and the elderly are most at risk of dying?

That’s what they said initially, but there have apparently been young healthy adults that have died as well. Everything about this is being downplayed. They don’t shut down cities like this for the flu, which supposedly has a higher mortality rate.

I haven't heard or seen any age stats released by China but most are saying older folks are the one dying. I will start to get really worried if younger, healthy folks start dying. I'm also waiting to see how the patients here in the US, Australia, and Europe do as well. Even during SARS no one died from it here or in Europe either I believe.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I haven't heard or seen any age stats released by China but most are saying older folks are the one dying. I will start to get really worried if younger, healthy folks start dying. I'm also waiting to see how the patients here in the US, Australia, and Europe do as well. Even during SARS no one died from it here or in Europe either I believe.

I gotta say that China did a good job keeping the lid on the SARS outbreak. We'll see what happens this time around.

● A young, previously healthy man died in Wuhan, raising concerns about the deadliness of the virus. Until now, the vast majority of victims have been older than 60 with preexisting conditions
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...678f9c-3e03-11ea-afe2-090eb37b60b1_story.html

Deserted streets in Beijing. Anyone that has traveled to or is familiar with the region, this should be cause for concern.

merlin_167762184_187134b1-6423-4dbb-82f3-5347d68c2de3-jumbo.jpg

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Lets just hope that the coronavirus cases outside of China had minimal contact with others.

The CDC is bound to be on top of this.

Last edited:
Lets just hope that the coronavirus cases outside of China had minimal contact with others and are completely quarantined

The CDC is bound to be on top of this.
The one tweet suggesting it's man made and sent from Canada would make me think they should have a cure(medicine), correct?

VN Store

Back