Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Not a shocker that the State Dept screwed up the process. Again. Those people are idiots

They can’t be making decisions like that without informing the President . That’s ridiculous and I’d have everyone of their heads on a platter for it .

Last edited:
The good part is that not many people seem to be dying in Western countries.
I think that’s probably a numbers thing at this point. The virus seems to have a 1.5-2% death rate, holding steady going into month 2/3 of this.
If the overall number of infected swells in developing countries, I think you will eventually see this same death rate.

I am concerned with the recent appearance of breakouts in Iran and Italy and the emerging trend of clusters that can’t be directly tied to China.
I think we have passed the point where this thing can be contained in one geographical area.

I mean, if this is in non-Asian countries to the point where numbers have grown enough to yield some deaths, how in the world do we (In the U.S.) block travel incoming to the degree to prevent this from showing up more rapidly here? Without a total travel ban?

I think you will see this thing “Jump containment” in the next week or two.

Reactions: davethevol
I think that’s probably a numbers thing at this point. The virus seems to have a 1.5-2% death rate, holding steady going into month 2/3 of this.
If the overall number of infected swells in developing countries, I think you will eventually see this same death rate.

I am concerned with the recent appearance of breakouts in Iran and Italy and the emerging trend of clusters that can’t be directly tied to China.
I think we have passed the point where this thing can be contained in one geographical area.

I mean, if this is in non-Asian countries to the point where numbers have grown enough to yield some deaths, how in the world do we (In the U.S.) block travel incoming to the degree to prevent this from showing up more rapidly here? Without a total travel ban?

I think you will see this thing “Jump containment” in the next week or two.
I say you go ahead and shut travel down now and take your economy hit. When it balloons here you're going to have to do it anyways with a virus spreading like fire.

Reactions: volfanhill
Interesting, also in that link.

The intelligence community’s involvement comes amid international frustrations with China’s reticence to accept international assistance. The World Health Organization, including American experts, was finally allowed to visit China on Monday to do field research on the disease but has been delayed and will not, as of now, be visiting the alleged location of the origin of the outbreak due to what Chinese officials described as a lack of time and resources to host international experts.

Interesting, also in that link.

I guess China doesn't want outsiders they can't control from stumbling across the source of the outbreak. Gets kind of messy when you have to own up to developing germ warfare while pretending to be everyone's friendly trading partner and using the profits to build a war machine.

VN Store

Back