Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Got a Peloton for Christmas. I received maybe 10 emails discussing the option of "threshold delivery," reminding me to wear a mask and practice social distancing, and asking if I've been around anyone with cold or COVID symptoms in the past 14 days. The delivery guys and I had a good time with that.
I always laugh at that series of questions… uh, I work in ICU. There it is I said it. I’ve gotten varied responses to that.

Reactions: AM64
Masks make a comeback: Hundreds of thousands of students across the US will be forced to wear face coverings when classes go back this week as schools bring back controversial mandates

Hundreds of thousands of students across the US will be forced to wear face masks in class when schools go back this week as controversial mandates make a return.

Despite Covid infection rates plateauing for months, elementary and high schools in New Jersey, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania have made face coverings a condition of entry for students returning from the holidays.

Education officials claim the policy is to prevent a boom in respiratory illnesses after increased mixing during the first normal Christmas and New Year in years.

There are growing concerns that damaging Covid policies could creep back into American life after the US Government announced all passengers from China - suffering a major outbreak - would be tested upon entry, despite no proof that policy works either.

Mask mandates return in schools across US this week for hundreds of thousands of students | Daily Mail Online

I always laugh at that series of questions… uh, I work in ICU. There it is I said it. I’ve gotten varied responses to that.

nurse-ratched-louise-fletcher-one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest.jpg

This is a tangent, but we are becoming a society that is relying far too much on pharmaceutical answers to things that could just as easily be resolved with diet, exercise and lifestyle changes.
You better keep your head on a swivel and watch for that 'Pfizer' truck roaming your neighborhood

just tested positive for COVID......yay o_O
If it helps, the newest variant of Omicron, XB55, (set hut), that the CNN's are saying is sweeping the Country - and ran rampant in 'New York and Connecticut' in OCT.

Yeah, just had that last week. Was in CT and New York, maskless. In LGA. All over Stamford, in restaurants, bars...no mask. Literally was in bars shoulder to shoulder with morans all night, as long social anxiety and inteoversion would allow...

Two days, slept it off. I presume that was it. I mean, i'm just going off what Osterholm and other virologists are saying.

Live your life homey.

If it helps, the newest variant of Omicron, XB55, (set hut), that the CNN's are saying is sweeping the Country - and ran rampant in 'New York and Connecticut' in OCT.

Yeah, just had that last week. Was in CT and New York, maskless. In LGA. All over Stamford, in restaurants, bars...no mask. Literally was in bars shoulder to shoulder with morans all night, as long social anxiety and inteoversion would allow...

Two days, slept it off. I presume that was it. I mean, i'm just going off what Osterholm and other virologists are saying.

Live your life homey.
I'm day 4 on a mad sinus cold. Can't stop sneezing, literally, 50+ times a day. Abs are getting a helluva workout.

Side note: have now seen several kids (and a staff member's family) with flu despite being vaccinated. The vaccine has been a good match so far, but I'm a little worried that we have a rogue strain emerging in the US.

Does a flu shot that isn't formulated or doesn't match very well with variants still provide some protection of less severity?

Side note: have now seen several kids (and a staff member's family) with flu despite being vaccinated. The vaccine has been a good match so far, but I'm a little worried that we have a rogue strain emerging in the US.

I had the shot and got the flu, first time ever getting the flu after having the vaccine.

Does a flu shot that isn't formulated or doesn't match very well with variants still provide some protection of less severity?
Not much. A little better with the mist (the intranasal vaccine) due to its addition of front line IgA defense.

Last edited:
I had the shot and got the flu, first time ever getting the flu after having the vaccine.
That sucks, sorry. It's not perfect, mainly due to the existence of so many different strains. Some years it is good, some not, even as crappy as 30%.

That's what my Doc said would happen. Bc of masking, and Im a mask-er.

Chinese Families 'start Burning Bodies of Their Loved Ones in the Streets' amid Covid Explosion as Corpses Pile Up in crematoriums and funeral homes

Families in China appear to have started burning the bodies of their loved ones in the streets amid an explosion of Covid-19 infections.

Beijing axed its 'zero-Covid' policy last month after three years of stringent curbs, causing cases to soar in the country.

Funeral homes and hospitals say they have been overwhelmed as international health experts predict 2.1 million Covid deaths in the coming months. Despite this, China claims only around 5,000 people have died from the virus since the policy U-turn.

Funeral homes have increased the cost of cremations amid the surge in demand - which has seemingly led some families to take matters into their own hands.

66183023-11597955-image-m-6_1672826956155.jpg

Families have begun to burn the bodies of their loved ones in the streets of China amid an explosion of Covid-19 infections, video (pictured left and right) appears to show

Chinese families 'start burning bodies of their loved ones in the streets' amid Covid explosion | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back