Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Reactions: Orangeburst
An example of why “expert opinion” is the least reliable source of medical evidence.

July 2020
Dr. Fauci: Wear goggles or eye shields to prevent spread of COVID-19; flu vaccine a must

October 2022
Effect of Wearing Glasses on Risk of Infection With SARS-CoV-2
In this randomized clinical trial, wearing glasses in the community was not protective regarding the primary outcome of a reported positive COVID-19 test.” (emphasis mine)
Now this is one of the ones that I missed totally. Was wearing goggles really a thing during the pandemic? Wow, people are stupid.

Fauci was making **** up as he went along, knowing full well that his many of his positions were not just not supported by research, but contradicted.

His decisions cost a lot of lives and destroyed livelihoods. And he knew most of it was complete bull****.

Why he did it, I don’t know. Maybe he loved the attention? Maybe he was coerced? Maybe he had something to gain financially? Maybe he needed a big cluster to cover up where it came from? We’ll probably never know.

The man should be tried for crimes against humanity.

Now this is one of the ones that I missed totally. Was wearing goggles really a thing during the pandemic? Wow, people are stupid.
It was required to wear eyewear into every patient facing encounter. Not one case of covid reported from getting hit in the eyes lacrimal gland that drains into the nose.
I was asked constantly by supervisors where my glasses were. I wear reading glasses, I can’t function even walking with reading glasses on but have to use the computer and task in rooms, so they have to be put on and taken off frequently.
I would always say my glasses are on my head your goggles are right in my locker where I left them.

Last edited:

Kind of amazing how people are still terrified by this disease. Over Thanksgiving my late 80s aged parents had Covid. Dad originally got it and a week later Mom tested positive. Dad had a cough for a few days, then a little headache. Mom never did develop symptoms. 3 of us spent Thanksgiving with them in the 2 bedroom place at their independent living cottage. None of us got sick. Dad has bad type 2 diabetes, a UTI that will not respond to antibiotics and is not in great health. Mom has COPD and heart failure. If this is all Covid did to them, why the panic? We cannot let this virus control our lives. It's with us forever and we have to deal with it

Kind of amazing how people are still terrified by this disease. Over Thanksgiving my late 80s aged parents had Covid. Dad originally got it and a week later Mom tested positive. Dad had a cough for a few days, then a little headache. Mom never did develop symptoms. 3 of us spent Thanksgiving with them in the 2 bedroom place at their independent living cottage. None of us got sick. Dad has bad type 2 diabetes, a UTI that will not respond to antibiotics and is not in great health. Mom has COPD and heart failure. If this is all Covid did to them, why the panic? We cannot let this virus control our lives. It's with us forever and we have to deal with it
Why the panic? Power and money will go away.

That was easy.

So, interestingly, we DO actually have studies on flu transmission and mask usage, and they clearly demonstrated that nothing short of N95/ respirators help.

****..I was against it until about a year ago and then talked into it by family and their anecdotes. Which I still believe healthy people passed from the virus.

Did you ever ask your aquantaince mortician about that video that I posted?

So, interestingly, we DO actually have studies on flu transmission and mask usage, and they clearly demonstrated that nothing short of N95/ respirators help.
Right. But it’s also really strange that we have higher rates of flu and rsv because of the nonpharmacological intervention employed for Covid. But to try and avoid the high rates of flu and rsv, we should return to the very things that amplified them to begin with. #science

VN Store

Back