Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Uhh….
Children are being infected with up to THREE viruses at a time because COVID measures have worn down their immune systems and made them vulnerable to illnesses usually only caught in winter, experts warn - NewsBreak

Ellen Foxman, an immunobiologist at the Yale School of Medicine, whose research explores why viruses can make one person very sick but leave another relatively unharmed, said that babies born during the pandemic are likely to be of great interest to scientists.
'Those kids did not have infection at a crucial time of lung development,' she said.
Foxman added that much has been learned, by the population as a whole as well as scientists, about viruses and how to prevent infection over the last few years.
'We need to carry some of the lessons we learned forward,' she said.

Maybe, just maybe, if all that had been learned prior to 2020 was utilized, then we wouldn’t be needing to “carry some of the lessons we learned forward.”

Uhh….
Children are being infected with up to THREE viruses at a time because COVID measures have worn down their immune systems and made them vulnerable to illnesses usually only caught in winter, experts warn - NewsBreak

Ellen Foxman, an immunobiologist at the Yale School of Medicine, whose research explores why viruses can make one person very sick but leave another relatively unharmed, said that babies born during the pandemic are likely to be of great interest to scientists.
'Those kids did not have infection at a crucial time of lung development,' she said.
Foxman added that much has been learned, by the population as a whole as well as scientists, about viruses and how to prevent infection over the last few years.

Maybe, just maybe, if all that had been learned prior to 2020 was utilized, then we wouldn’t be needing to “carry some of the lessons we learned forward.”

Wouldn't it be amazing to see common sense used again.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Uhh….

What? Its almost like some people used common sense and saw this coming two years ago. LMAO

What do you medical people make of this:
“If you were infected during the first wave, then you can’t boost your immune response if you have an Omicron infection,” said Prof Rosemary Boyton, of Imperial College London, a co-author of the study.

The team also found an Omicron infection offered little extra protection against catching the variant again. “When Omicron started flying around the country, people kept saying that’s OK, that will improve people’s immunity,” said Boyton. “What we’re saying is it’s not a good booster of immunity.”

People who caught Covid in first wave get ‘no immune boost’ from Omicron

They're basically saying that there's no gaining immunity to Omicron. That would go against other "bugs" we've been fighting historically

Is there even an expectation that people stay home with this now? If you’re feeling decent.
We have only seen 2-3 positives in the last couple of months. I only test at parental request or if needed for a job/daycare. Usual recommendations for viral illness care and isolating.

Honestly, the only people I know of with significant CV19 illness in the past 3-4 months are a good friend of mine and his wife, both of which took 2 mRNA shots and a booster. They are fine now.

Actually, what they are saying then is that it's basically back to being a common cold virus.

So we don't build immunity to common cold viruses? I thought we did. Problem is, there are so many of them.

I thought that we did build immunity from other corona viruses

We have only seen 2-3 positives in the last couple of months. I only test at parental request or if needed for a job/daycare. Usual recommendations for viral illness care and isolating.

Honestly, the only people I know of with significant CV19 illness in the past 3-4 months are a good friend of mine and his wife, both of which took 2 mRNA shots and a booster. They are fine now.

If people care they'll pick up a test and test at home. Since it's only a cold they won't even bother to see you

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back