Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Yes you are completely wrong on the math. The problem statement DO set forth calculates just as I have shown. The probability calculation as he set it up is correct. And pardon me for pointing out the CDC is FOS anyway and I’m not inclined to listen to any of their damn diatribes at the moment.

if you want to tell DO is initial ratios are wrong then tell him. But the math problem he outlined is correct. Go sleep it off

The only math I did was to take the US population (~340 million), use the probability figure given (1 in 51 million chance of a person getting infected if they're vaccinated), and conclude that we'd expect to see no more than a few breakthrough infections. That's the only math I did. Tell me where that math went wrong. You can't, asshat.

The only math I did was to take the US population (~340 million), use the probability figure given (1 in 51 million chance of a person getting infected if they're vaccinated), and conclude that we'd expect to see no more than a few breakthrough infections. That's the only math I did. Tell me where that math went wrong. You can't, asshat.
I have told you where it was wrong as demonstrated in the combined random chance DO set forth.

You came back with a dumb example using a single random variable and stupidly presented it as equivalent to the combined probability of three independent variables which is what DO has in his problem statement.

No wonder you trust the “science” you wouldn’t know it if it bit you on your shrew ass 🤡

Edit: the more you know. In DO’s exapmple all three random variables are joined by AND. womp womp.

In need of tips/suggestions when to add or multiply probabilities

I have told you where it was wrong as demonstrated in the combined random chance DO set forth.

You came back with a dumb example using a single random variable and stupidly presented it as equivalent to the combined probability of three independent variables which is what DO has in his problem statement.

No wonder you trust the “science” you wouldn’t know it if it bit you on your shrew ass 🤡

True or false: The conclusion of DO's post was there's a 1 in 51 million chance of a vaccinated person getting covid?

True or false: The conclusion of DO's post was there's a 1 in 51 million chance of a vaccinated person getting covid?
This assumes one contact with one infected person/source.

Idk about you but I interact with far more than one person a day. Further I interact with them more than 1 day a year.

Stick to arguing bs in the courts. Real life is obviously a struggle.

You're assuming the likelihood of one interaction with one covid person is the only outcome. It can sometimes appear daunting because when you introduce multiple variables, it decreases likelihood.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
You're assuming the likelihood of one interaction with one covid person is the only outcome. It can sometimes appear daunting because when you introduce multiple variables, it decreases likelihood.
And to be rigorously correct this isn’t a conditional probability problem as I stated its just basic likelihood for multiple independent variables.

Conditional probability takes the form of
IF (A) THEN (B) the likelihood is…

Regular multivariable probability is
Given A AND B AND C the likelihood is …

Meh ... we made it passed the “ Scientists , Drs and Experts “ , like the ones that helped kill our first President with bloodletting ( 5 times in 8 hours ) , enemas and totally ignoring the option to use a Tracheotomy. I think we will survive “Becky” from Kalamazoo.

Reactions: NEO
Meh ... we made it passed the “ Scientists , Drs and Experts “ , like the ones that helped kill our first President with bloodletting ( 5 times in 8 hours ) , enemas and totally ignoring the option to use a Tracheotomy. I think we will survive “Becky” from Kalamazoo.

I just found it funny.

Honestly at this point if they are parroting what I think is right I start to question my own belief now 🤷‍♂️
What’s irked me about a lot of their positions is that they fly in the face of common sense. Like you need to wear two masks outside. Is there extensive studies that support that position? Apparently not or no one can find them. But common sense says unless you’re painting or throwing piles of sevendust around a mask outside is fairly useless. Now they tell us what we’ve been saying for a year as if it’s some revelation. They’ve also done themselves no favors by sandbagging the vaccine efficacy by saying you still need to be careful, wear a mask, avoid the unwashed, etc. If you’ve tested the product why are you still hesitant about it’s abilities? And if you haven’t tested it enough to be confident why are we getting it? They want to treat those on the fence as idiots or nutjobs but their messaging has been terrible and has undermined their own efforts.

No matter what, you will have government to thank for covid. Not sure which government(s), well I am sure of 1, but it is government.

VN Store

Back